Community Member

Default Supreme Upgrade Tome Question

If I have all my inherent bonuses at least +3 and one of them being +4, will I be able to use a +3-4 upgrade supreme tome without an issue. The item text says, "requires a +3 inherent bonus for each stat/ability score." Does this mean it has to be exactly +3?

I would think it would work without an issue, but has anyone used a +2-3 upgrade supreme with a +3 already learned?
    (or better yet the +3-4 tomorrow and report back)

With the current amount of bugs in the game, it seems risky to spend 3000 TP just to find out there was an oversight or bug, like so many other post-motu issues.

Community Member

I have one +4 that I had got from demon queen and +3s for everything else. I wonder if the supreme upgrade to +4 will actually work if I want to get it. I hope it would but who knows.

I recall it being mentioned by someone on the forums that you get individual BTA upgrade tomes for each stat.
    Rognac / Oesel / Zaegroenhali / Maloich / Eriaolys / Voidmind / Pastacide / Orangewing / Veraya / Sisutu / Peletis / Lacrimis / Clipped / Somniloquy / Hypnagogic / Othafa

Khyber / The Hand of the Black Tower

Community Member

+4 tomes available now, I cannot purchase the +3-4 upgrade supreme because one of my bonuses are at +4. I can see the tome if I select "show all" but it says in red cannot be purchased.

It will cost me more to buy each individual tome for 5 stats than a supreme.

The only work-around I can think of is if I purchase it on another character assuming it is BtA and try to use it on the character I want. If anyone is in the same situation and tries that, some more info would be appreciated.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Contrex View Post
    I recall it being mentioned by someone on the forums that you get individual BTA upgrade tomes for each stat.
    This.

It gives individual upgrade Tomes for each stat and they are BTA.

So in the case of the OP, you could use the upgrades on all of the stats that are not already 4 and pass the other Tomes to alts.

*Edit* Oh and yes, you can buy them on an alt and pass to your main. It works fine because they're BTA.

Having the same issue, all 3's and a +4 int ..will not let me purchase the upgrade on that toon. +3's were from a supreme and the 4 was a tome from a quest.
    Some people are like Slinkies
    They don't really have a purpose
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by Contrex View Post
    This is true.

Exclamation

What kind of bureaucratic theory is going on here!

Stop it!

Why has it come to this!

You all are debating about tomes that are bought rather than playing this game!

All of you need to take a step back and think about what is going on here.

Is this game to played or to be bought?

If bought is your answer then log off now.

I can log into this or any other game with the same thinking and quick satisfaction and toss it in the trash can and buy it and be done.

where is the fun in that?
    Last edited by Zorth; 11-29-2012 at 11:53 PM.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    What kind of bureaucratic theory is going on here!

Stop it!

Why has it come to this!

You all are debating about tomes that are bought rather than playing this game!

All of you need to take a step back and think about what is going on here.

Is this game to played or to be bought?

If bought is your answer then log off now.

I can log into this or any other game with the same thinking and quick satisfaction and toss it in the trash can and buy it and be done.

where is the fun in that?
    If you wanted to comment about whether the tomes should be sold/purchased and "pay to win" slippery slope, there are a dozen or more active threads already on this topic. I was simply asking a few questions relating to how the supreme tomes worked.

You play the game the way you want, I'll play the way I want. Don't force your values and what you think is "fun" on others.