Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Easy Bucket List for Devs

1. Put stuff in the Temple of the Sov Host and allow characters to rest, recover, and bind there like in taverns.
    2. Allow characters to rest, recover, and bind in crafting halls like in taverns.
    3. Allow mass sunder/turn in for essenses, MAP PIECES, fest coins, fingerbones, etc.
    4. Add animation to Shiradi Champion nerve venom effect.
    5. Have adamantine ore drop in more places (or greatly increase drop rate from those dirty dwarves).
    6. Have heal amp also amplify repair effects.
    7. Stock Holy Sword component: Falchion.
    8. Make guild augment slots overwritable. (Even though these no longer drop, this change remains on this list.)
    9. Make Threnal side quests award favor.
    10. MOVE Pall Normond and Enni Neberra OUT OF THE WAY. (Blocking the path to House C banker)
    11. Ease the BtC restriction on eveningstar challenge mats.
    12. Change the color of the PM health bar.
    13. Teleport to the House C crafting hall (not house K).
    *14.* COMPLETE * Fix teleport to the 12.
    15. Make party list sortable (less easy?)
    16. Tell divine and arcane hirelings to cast resists on themselves.
    17. Put an airship dock in house C (up on the partron's platform would be cool).
    18. Simplify Trap the Soul's material comp requirement.
    19. Create or plan links between ED spheres other than through the martial sphere.
    20. Buff archmage arcane bolts (metamagicable perhaps).
    21. Give WF a free feat at 1st level for body type.
    22. Repeal the Nightmare nerf. While it may have been OP before, it's about worthless now.
    23. Have epic raid chests always drop tokens or fragments.
    24. Fix FvS Wings in the Cavern leading to Eveningstar, EvS Cavern, and EvS so they recharge at the normal "in town" rate.
    25. Move the Druid Season timer/buff off of the buff bar (or keep it left justified) so it is more obvious
    26. Allow Epic Cannith challenge mats to be exchanged for heroic mats.
    27. Create a use for excess gold dubloons. (Rum is not enough)
    28. Enable invisibility to persist through casting of Vigor-type spells.
    29. Make ammo in a quiver "hot bar-able".
    30. Have planar shards drop in more areas/quests.
    31. Reduce selectable size of Restless Isles elevators.
    32. Make more items stackable (Dragontouched mats, shards of power, augment crystals, etc).
    33. Make medium gem bags hold 30 different kinds of gems instead of 12.
    34. Add an item counter to TR bank.
    35. Add "Repeat the Zawabi's Revenge Raid" dialogue option.
    36. Have all stances remain in effect at logout (eg. currently precision does, power attack does not)

There is nothing new on this list. I cherry-picked the ideas that I thought were low hanging fruit--quick and easy to implement and (mostly) not controversial.

Warning--I will use all my powers of necromancy to keep this thread active.
    EDIT--added 23
    EDIT 2--added 24
    EDIT 3--added 25
    EDIT 4--added 26
    EDIT 5--added 27
    EDIT 6--added 28
    EDIT 7--added 29
    EDIT 8--added note to 8
    EDIT 9--added 30
    EDIT 10--a few minor edits and capitalized MAP PIECES for Crystal Cove
    EDIT 11--Noted 14 is complete and added 31 and 32
    EDIT 12--added 33
    EDIT 13--added 34
    EDIT 14--added 35
    EDIT 15--added 36
    Last edited by CaptainSpacePony; 04-03-2013 at 12:40 PM.

It would not be wise to allow food and beverage in the crafting halls and the temple of the sov host. Just think how messy it would be to allow halflings with sticky buns running around in there. Maybe if it was disallowed to use these fascilities for halflings... maybe for dwarfs too.

/signed for the rest!
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Although a nice list, it is not really (really not) a priority list
    fix some really annoying stuff first plz
    Thelanis: Botar, Klogar, Saludar, Shantarr, Karygon

Community Member

Actually I approve of almost every item on that list.

I like your suggestions, OP.

+1

Community Member

While I agree with most of the things on the list, I think there are bigger things for the dev's to focus to on than some convenience changes. Things like the rubber banding into walls andvarious ED abilities not working or not clearly telling you how they work are just a couple that I would put miles above anything on this list.

/signed

+1

Except for #2

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    Buffing the archmage prestige would be good in general. Besides me and one of my friends, I've never seen a archmage wizard because pale master is too good in comparison. Starting off with the metamagics on those two spells would be nice, also putting up some actually good spell choices in the spell-likes instead of spells like Shield and Grease would be good.

Another thing I just can't understand is that why we still have effects like on Shield, Nightshield and bosses that block magic missiles. It would be quite interesting to see force damage Wizards instead of all too common pale masters.

I had a similar list here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=398798

Counting 88 simple issues to fix now, but also:

89. If a party-member picks up a quest-crticial item and goes AFK, the quest may have to be abandoned.
    SOLUTION: Allow anyone to turn in the quest item as long as the party has it.

Agree with most, esp 1, the Temple should be a divine Portable Hole. Don't agree with 19 (more bridges among ED's) but could live with it. It always made sense to me that the martial sphere was the most material, most grounded in mundane reality, so it made sense that everything else connected to it and not to each other.

If I changed any single thing about EDs it would be that you could start in any sphere. If so, every character I have including casters would start with Unyielding Sentinel, because it has the tools a beginning epic character needs to survive.

3,9,16,21 /signed

how about the abilty to bind to your ship? maybe like it requires a 80+ guild
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

Added #23 to the OP.

#21 signed. Don't wast time with the rest, fix bugs instead...
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Default +1 to OP

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    While I agree with most of the things on the list, I think there are bigger things for the dev's to focus to on than some convenience changes. Things like the rubber banding into walls andvarious ED abilities not working or not clearly telling you how they work are just a couple that I would put miles above anything on this list.
    I kind of agree Shadereaper, but at the same time I think the title of his thread is also true--some of these changes are very easy to make as far as code goes... so they should just do it and make everyone happy.

I'd also love to see a pale master's health bar turn purple or something, just for my roleplaying pleasure and also so I don't have to get yelled at in Caught in the Web by some squishy ass, maggot-breathed former lich who can't even UMD their own freaking cure wands.
    Character Compendium

how about fix whirl-wind attack animation?
    in the time you make one attack you can swing about 2-4 normal attacks.
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP

Quote Originally Posted by BrightAsh View Post
    Although a nice list, it is not really (really not) a priority list
    fix some really annoying stuff first plz
    There are several other posts who echo your sentiments, BrightAsh. If everything were the same I would agree, however not all tasks are equal and I did not mean for this list to be all inclusive of desired changes/fixes.

SealedInSong seemed to best articulate what I am trying to get at.

Every item I put on the list is something I think a dev could knock out in a matter of minutes, like when FoS fixed (some would call it "broke") the absolute Chaos on the Brigand's Cutlass. I bet one or 2 devs could knock out this entire list in a day or two and still have time for an extended lunch and an elite halfling-only Caught in the Web. (Admittedly, some of the list is probably much more complex/difficult than I imagined and should not be considered "low hanging" but only a dev could make that determination.)

I think the "really annoying stuff" you refer to takes a lot more time resources. I do not mean to take away from those efforts, merely to "pick the low hanging fruit" for a rapid, high-yield return on resource investment.

I would, of course, prioritize the hungry walls issues over everything else, these are the ones above I agree with the most(I just don't know enough about the others to speak to them.):
    8!!!
    19!!!

Also, please ask them to put a Stone of Change in the crafting halls. Where one of those center decorations are would be wonderful!
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Default Clean house

(snip...)

I think the "really annoying stuff" you refer to takes a lot more time resources. I do not mean to take away from those efforts, merely to "pick the low hanging fruit" for a rapid, high-yield return on resource investment.
    Bolded for emphasis. When you have to clean the house, you don't do agonizing and intensive chores first. I do not organize my garage or build a book case or clean my gutters before I do dishes or sweep, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    I would, of course, prioritize the hungry walls issues over everything else (...snip...) Also, please ask them to put a Stone of Change in the crafting halls. Where one of those center decorations are would be wonderful!
    Speaking of the Stone of change, I'd really like for that "munching" animation to be truncated or removed completely. It takes way too much time to crunch things together and it honesty aggravates my carpal tunnel when I deal with dragonshards.
    Character Compendium

1. Put stuff in the Temple of the Sov Host and allow characters to rest, recover, and bind there like in taverns.
    2. Allow characters to rest, recover, and bind in crafting halls like in taverns.
    3. Allow mass sunder/turn in for essenses, map pieces, fest coins, fingerbones, etc.
    4. Add animation to Shiradi Champion nerve venom effect.
    5. Have adamantine ore drop in more places (or greatly increase drop rate from those dirty dwarves).
    6. Have heal amp also amplify repair effects.
    7. Stock Holy Sword component: Falchion.
    8. Make guild augment slots overwritable.
    9. Make Threnal side quests award favor.
    10. MOVE Pall Normond and Enni Neberra OUT OF THE WAY. (Blocking the path to House C banker)
    11. Ease the BtC restriction on eveningstar challenge mats.
    12. Change the color of the PM health bar.
    13. Teleport to the House C crafting hall (not house K).
    14. Fix teleport to the 12.
    15. Make party list sortable (less easy?)
    16. Tell divine and arcane hirelings to cast resists on themselves.
    17. Put an airship dock in house C (up on the partron's platform would be cool).
    18. Simplify Trap the Soul's material comp requirement.
    19. Create or plan links between ED spheres other than through the martial sphere.
    21. Give WF a free feat at 1st level for body type.
    22. Repeal the Nightmare nerf. While it may have been OP before, it's about worthless now.
    23. Have epic raid chests ALWAYS drop tokens.

There is nothing new on this list. I cherry-picked the ideas that I thought were low hanging fruit--quick and easy to implement and (mostly) not controversial.

Warning--I will use all my powers of necromancy to keep this thread active.
    EDIT--added 23
    'Merica!!
    Callissto:RS~Calithallasi:Fowl~Merb:RS~GearsofWar: Shiradi~Durperian:Necro~Aritahl:Figher~Jeatt:Shint ao~Mzil:Machine Gunner

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast