Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeDonator View Post
    (as a side comment: how I wish Zod was forming that group - u guys must have commited double suicide cause of his rudeness, sarcasm and smarta$$ jokes then...)
    You sir really are an odiot.. idoit.. aww youuu!!! Anyway, back to harbor to farm a feather fall item!

Edit: diegreen
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Quote Originally Posted by tankerschnitzl View Post
    My husband and I finally(...)
    Thats what made me read all of it... and im dissapointed

Community Member tankerschnitzl's Avatar

I did tell that it was my first time.

Also, dude, I didn't read that long drawn out attempt at an insult.t.

IM not mad that we weren't "good enough" in the eyes of the party leader. That's his call.

Why don't you save us all the time and insults and post your requirements for raids from the get go like everyone else does.

I sent you the basement comment after I had posted this.

I logged off because I was done playing and went to watch "lost" on netflix to take my mind off the trolls that try to make my happy place a bad place.

TAke care.
    '

The Hatchery

IM not mad that we weren't "good enough" in the eyes of the party leader. That's his call.

Why don't you save us all the time and insults and post your requirements for raids from the get go like everyone else does.

I sent you the basement comment after I had posted this.

I logged off because I was done playing and went to watch "lost" on netflix to take my mind off the trolls that try to make my happy place a bad place.

TAke care.
    '

Read it. No actually read it. He made that post humorous with image macros, but he made some very good points, most of which are reflected by the majority of the people in this thread. If anything, that post was to troll me than anyone else /dieRath

To reiterate a point I made in an earlier post, "If you show that you've put real efforts into learning and becoming an effective member of the raid, people will be willing take you in and teach you". Just telling the leader that its your first time running the raid doesn't nearly amount to "efforts".

Telling the group leader "its my first time doing this" and "it's my first time running the raid, but I've got fireshield clickies and fire absorbs, I do not have my pale lavender yet but I am working on it. I've seen the videos online of how ice and roids are ran, I haven't ran them but I am willing to givce it a try" are very different. This is a very difficult raid to complete and most groups cannot complete it 100% of the time. Everyone in that group has done their best to prepare themselves for it, so why shouldn't we hold you to the same standards? Hell, why shouldn't you hold yourself to that standard?

If you just bother to take off your biased, ignorant goggles actually look at what everyone is saying, you can see that everyone here is actually trying to help you and give you advice. But, just as you are unlikely to read this post or just dismiss it completely, I don't know why we even bother, I am not a big believer to help someone who refuses to be helped. We are extending a helping hand, don't bite it with malice.
    Aqua/Blue/Green/Doombearded
    Unruly

Childish and sad here is that you don't learn a sh!t from that thread.
    Trolls Lair
    Rathguul ~ Stunlight ~ Fancyman ~ Paramedix ~ Iamuseful
    Quote Originally Posted by zeonardo View Post
    Pay 3 scrolls, win 1 scroll. You're right. It's not p2w its p3w1 or just p3w!
    U12. It's kinda like that.

Also.
    I hear alot of complaints like "I can't see any screenshots posted by tankerschnitzl, ***?" (so it's not just you, DJ. I'd say the majority of thread readers can't see them)
    The reason is that someone is obviously not familiar with forums and has problems with uploading images I guess.
    (personally I don't see the image in post #20, though I know there is one)
    So I decided to reupload the main tankerschnitzl's screeshot.
    Trolls Lair

TAke care.
    '
    Everything he wrote, if you can't read and at least acknowledge that, you are going to have a much harder time in the future getting into Abbot raids. You're going to have a much harder time for people wanting to teach you or accept you into any raid.

By saying that, you are acknowledging that you don't want to listen and you don't want to learn, that you are just raging over a petty thing that no one else cares for. Why would any of us want to teach someone who openly doesn't want to hear what we have to say?

His advice is solid and good, not to mention he took a long time typing that out and finding his silly images and quotes to copy and paste. (Well, maybe he has super speed and can type things out in a second or less.. it takes me minutes to figure out what I'm going to say in even one paragraph x.x )

Now, he is not posting in this forum to boost his own ego or insult you.. He is posting in it to prove a point that applies.. not just to abbot but to all raids.. if you want to learn a raid, before you experience the quest. Go check it out on youtube or wherever you young folk go now days.. go see what buffs people use or what items they wear for this raid in specific. Go take an example and see how puzzles are run. This isn't like Tempest Spine where you can expect to jump in and go, then if you get lost you sit in pike.. if you end up in a puzzle you're expected to work.. not just lay down and take a nap (unless you're Green or Theka I suppose ((besides the point)) but you need to have a clue..)

Say you got puzzles completed.. and its your first time but inferno hit..are you prepared for that? do you got your guild and non guild remove curse pots hotkeyed? are you jumping up on where you need to go.. do you know how players deal with inferno? At least you would have a clue if you studied a bit before hand.

If you think these people are the Trolls of argo.. hehe.. well.. -insert bad joke here-

... lets just say you're going to have issues if you ever really want to get into raid running..

Quote Originally Posted by Kareena View Post
    Thats weird... I can see Stun's post with all its pics (most of which was hilarious and yes, I am goddess and you should die! xD) but I didn't even realize there were screenshots in this thread.

I had to click "quote" and then copy & paste the image link into the browser to view them. There is just a blank space on the post where the image should be for me- no indication of a picture there. Weird... Any ideas on why this is?
    Also.. I'm with DJ here. I did not actually get to see the original screenshot posted until now, thank you Rath

/diegreen
    oh and +1 for that..
    Last edited by Meru_Lee; 12-02-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    Argonesson Server
    Math Guild
    Emmile Varsalle - Rogue, Allivue Varsalle - Arcane, Devonette Varsalle - Divine, Merulei Varsalle - Melee

Quote Originally Posted by Meru_Lee View Post
    not to mention he took a long time typing that out
    Only took me 1.5 hours with... short breaks to see what lfms are up

and finding his silly images
    Oh commmmmme ooooooooooooon! Most of them are kewl and fit the posts and quots perfectly, admit it ;-)

Tempest Spine where you can expect to jump in and go
    Ah... ye olde warm Spine...
    With raidleaders telling everyone how to act step-by-step despite they've run it once or twice themselves and don't really understand why this or that should or should not be done...
    But right now I'm grumbling. Let's troll moar!

unless you're Green, oh and /diegreen
    ftfy

If you think these people are the Trolls of argo.. hehe.. well.. -insert bad joke here-
    The Lair...
    I actually see at least 4 of us here.
    And Rada is going to appear soon. He's just a slowpoke, but shish - he can't see that anyway cause he's still typing a reply on a previous page

thank you Rath
    I begin to understand what did that "high and mighty" mean.
    This strange feeling... when everyone is... thanking you for...

trolling.
    Trolls Lair

I see u have finally found a place to post all the images u have stored over the years.

We are still w8ing for your xxx folder
    trixalai \o/ xirrantha \o/ trixilai //argonessen // Trolls Lair

Believe me or not... I don't have such a folder on my pc. Cause it's 21st century... high speed internet, ya know ;-)
    Trolls Lair

Believe me or not... I don't have such a folder on my pc. Cause it's 21st century... high speed internet, ya know ;-)
    Oh, come on. You should at least have a folder for memes and reaction GIFs.

Thank you for this thread. It was an entertaining read for my new server, and now I know where to go when I'm ready to re-learn Abbott.
    Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE View Post
    Oh, come on. You should at least have a folder for memes and reaction GIFs.
    well...

Trolls Lair

judge dredd!!! show us judge dredd!!!
    trixalai \o/ xirrantha \o/ trixilai //argonessen // Trolls Lair

I knew you would say that.
    (c)
    Trolls Lair

boring atempt at drama
    /sigh
    Kasik ~20 Rogue~ Fui 18/2 brb/ftr ~ Emmeryl 20 Clr Hilcias 20 Sorc
    Cool kids play on Mabar!

Saw an LFM up for abbot today, hubs and I joined and this is what we got upon entering...

Told Mentalini, my husband, that 444 hp is a waste of a spot, when we have been questing epic lvl quest no problem. He has a Silver Slinger too, so he can do the blunt damage...

And upon sticking up for him, he proceeds to send me tells are calling me a nub and saying how he wants to see my die instantly.

Was hoping it was one of you cool guys that had posted it.

Guess not.

Hopefully we can get something going this weekend??
    Seems that u faced an aggressive nerd, happens. Just dont pay attention and better add to ignore list such 'creatures'. . Dont waste ur nerves on aggressive nerds.

i probably learned more about abbot from this thread than i could have anywhere else..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azithoth View Post
    i probably learned more about abbot from this thread than i could have anywhere else..
    Me too Still can't get into a group though, 3 tries in the last 2 weeks, and they've all said they aren't taking first timers.
    Kannavit - Pwnzurmom - Boozemumph
    Gravity, Argonnessen

The Hatchery

Default just an example of an good first timer

i was hosting abbot again and one guy( i cant remember the name) send me a tell saying that hes a first timer and he doesnt know the raid but he also linked me hes abbot beaters. he was a rouge with 500 hp and he had 2 triple positive greensteel light maces and he politely said if he could join and i accepted him and took him into another party and expalined how we gonna run the raid and whats the important moments like first fight, scouting, puzzles, and final fight inferno phase wraiths encasement blah blah blah guess what he did well and got hes completion and he also joined a few following runs too.

Look buddy no one tought me how to run abbot i found a group and asked them if i could join politely just as this rouge did and followed their lead but first of all when i decided i wanted some items from abbot i started reading about it there is a wiki u know ppl share information there and its very usefull also there are videos in youtube. as a member of the guild which is running abbot almost every 3 days im glad that u are booted from that party because not knowing the raid is ok not having the required items is ok hell even not having the skill is ok but not knowing how to make preperations on something u wanna accomplish that u dont know, i simply cant stand it. this is why this game is becoming more and more pay to win day by day update by update.

anyway just try to get more experience on the raid and ill gladly explain how to run the raid if u find me in game yeah im too lazy to type here anymore.

/die Green

Quote Originally Posted by tolunay View Post
    as a member of the guild which is running abbot almost every 3 days
    Moar! 8 completions in 3 days on my monk)
    Oh, and that one trolling run on healer too ;-)
    Trolls Lair

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast