Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Kobold still hates you.

Here is a simple solution:

Sell a "Sweep account coin" in the store for 2000(?) TP

When used, this coin sweeps all items currently in your bags and puts them into the TR bank (withdraw only bank). You could even have it sweep EVERYTHING, like what happens when you TR, but this would be excessive.

It makes the TR bank a more permanent fixture. It would be a pain to then go in and grab the stuff you want. BUT it should work pretty well with the current infrastructure, and would allow you to get rid of BTC items.

I think you would also want to change it so you could TR with an existing TR bank.

I would buy it!!

Possibly the most recent dev comments on this come from DDOcast #300 at GenCon where they held an 'ask the devs' panel. The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A_fMdrH1EY. The question about inventory is the first question asked and is at the 1:25:00 mark. In short, the response was that there are no plans to add more space. I'm having trouble playing the video at the moment or I would post more detail.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Kobold still hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    Possibly the most recent dev comments on this come from DDOcast #300 at GenCon where they held an 'ask the devs' panel. The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A_fMdrH1EY. The question about inventory is the first question asked and is at the 1:25:00 mark. In short, the response was that there are no plans to add more space. I'm having trouble playing the video at the moment or I would post more detail.
    due to the forum search function currently not working I cannot find the thread but, last I read was a dev post about it being a technical issue to add more bank space that they were working at.

on my Completionist each life I find myself tossing more and more items to fit everything in my inventory and bank before TRing again.

I already use the same full set of Cannith Crafted items for levels 1 through 12 recrafting new effects on them every few levels just to save space.

I can't imagine fitting in more gear when Epic TR comes along. I barely have any epic gear as it is since it is completely useless in heroic.
    Last edited by Tanngiostr; 08-24-2013 at 05:51 PM.

DDO has a BTA / Unbound Banking system

DDO characters use BTC gear + TR

These two systems are opposing mechanics resulting in little balance and inventory or bank that is always full. The banking system in this game is broken.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    Thanks for posting the link. If I remember correctly there was a audio only interview at one of the conventions where a dev talked about the problem with database space. I believe they were in a bar and intoxicated at the time, so they might have let a little more slip than they normally would. I believe he said something about the fact that since they kept every toon ever created and all their gear in the active database, that maintaining it was trouble enough without increasing active toons' bank space. He also said there would always be lag, so alcohol was almost definitely involved. I'll try to find it if I can and post the link here. Hopefully I'm remembering this all correctly. My wild guess is they are trying to come up with a creative solution that won't tax the database further, but that it will take some time. But that is only a guess.
    DDO University : A player run organization with the goal of trying to enrich the playing experience and community of those who play Dungeons and Dragons Online through education and research.

Visit http://ddouniversity.wordpress.com/ for more information

Default Drunk Turbine Employees say a few things...

Found it. DDO Cast 275. PAX East 2013 party at Gillians. Steiner-D's interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwzCt77-jqc

My memory was not perfect, but I'll let you listen to their words yourself. Here's some time stamps:

1:17:20 Interview starts
    1:20:45 Player Housing
    1:34:40 Personal Inventory (database space)
    1:47:40 Lag
    DDO University : A player run organization with the goal of trying to enrich the playing experience and community of those who play Dungeons and Dragons Online through education and research.

Visit http://ddouniversity.wordpress.com/ for more information

How could bank space possibly be a technical problem?

If, by chance, there is some technical problem with the old bank system then just put some new system (additionally to the old system).
    For example, put new some NPC somewhere and that's it, problem solved.
    So many easy solutions, BtC storage space problem can be solved in so many different ways.

Another example was ASAH. This is WAY more complex system than a storage for a player.
    And it was done, it's there (you can keep there up to 10 items if you are premium, just need to put it again after 3 days).

So don't tell me there are some technical problems.

I think the real problem is that devs don't realize how important BtC space is.
    Since developers has to do the job they don't have much time to play this game, so I doubt that there are any developers with more than 1000 raid completions on one toon. And that means they can't feel how BtC space is needed.
    Let alone trash gear, which is even better now. There is no space even for raid loot (not even close).

Just answer questions:
    1) is it fun to play a game, in which you have to destroy your items, which took years to get?
    (Each new item = destroyed some item you've got from Abbot, ADQ, ToD, VoN, Titan, etc. Most the items from Reaver's fate/VoN/HoX/VoD was already destroyed, I haven't made a single item from LoB, and obviously I never join groups for those raids, all because of too low bank space)
    2) is it fun to enjoy the new loot, when each new loot = some destroyed old RARE loot
    3) is is fun to have matts for like 10+ fully upgraded GS gear, but never make it because of too low bank space?

If you want a number of how many BtC slots I need then I'l tell you:
    with level cap increased +200 slots is not enough! (no longer enough, yes, I need THAT many, actually a lot more)

I understand the business like selling companions, otto boxes, tomes, etc.
    But the real win-win-win would be selling more BtC space.

I like what Kadran said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    ... I want to log into one character and be set. I want all my twink gear held there, no mules. I want potions, scrolls and wands to be able to stay on this character when I TR, so I don't have to switch over to multiple mules. I don't want to need a spreadsheet to remember what mules have which items. Just let me have more BtC space. I'll pay for it.
    This is what I want too. I don't want to play my other toons. I want to play with my main only (and that means I would buy more raid timer bypasses, btw).
    And NO MULES, not even for unbound stuff.
    Last edited by TheRobai; 08-24-2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: typo

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Not trying to be insensitive here I agree with that Robai, but Turbine has to get a solution that applies to ALL. Not just someone/people that play with only 1 toon.

Not meant to be an insult or even disagreeing, that would be great. But my point being that there are also people that possibly have 30 toons and multiple tred all those toons as well.

So tldr: That's a good suggestion but not big enough, the solution does have to make EVERYBODY happy with all the different play styles etc.

Whether only 1 toon with 100's of btc stuff or someone that also has multiple toons with 100's of btc stuff as well. That's my point. Cos everyone plays the game differently.

The solution has to also be something that can be scaled up depending on how much more growth DDO will have.

I think it comes down to it less inventory management would be great period and less time spending on inventory management as well. I want to log on & play etc.
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    I mean how bad programming could that be?

If, by chance, there is some technical problem with the old bank system then just put some new system (additionally to the old system).
    For example, put new some NPC somewhere and that's it, problem solved.
    So many easy solutions, BtC storage space problem can be solved in so many different ways.

Another example was ASAH. This is WAY more complex system than a storage for a player.
    And it was done, it's there (you can keep there up to 10 items if you are premium, just need to put it again after 3 days).

So don't tell me there are some technical problems.

I think the real problem is that devs don't realize how important BtC space is.
    Since developers has to do the job they don't have much time to play this game, so I doubt that there are any developers with more than 1000 raid completions on one toon. And that means they can't feel how BtC space is needed.
    Let alone trash gear, which is even better now. There is no space even for raid loot (not even close).

Just answer questions:
    1) is it fun to play a game, in which you have to destroy your items, which took years to get?
    (Each new item = destroyed some item you've got from Abbot, ADQ, ToD, VoN, Titan, etc. Most the items from Reaver's fate/VoN/HoX/VoD was already destroyed, I haven't made a single item from LoB, and obviously I never join groups for those raids, all because of too low bank space)
    2) is it fun to enjoy the new loot, when each new loot = some destroyed old RARE loot
    3) is is fun to have matts for like 10+ fully upgraded GS gear, but never make it because of too low bank space?

If you want a number of how many BtC slots I need then I'l tell you:
    with level cap increased +200 slots is not enough! (no longer enough, yes, I need THAT many, actually a lot more)

I understand the business like selling companions, otto boxes, tomes, etc.
    But the real win-win-win would be selling more BtC space.

I like what Kadran said:

This is what I want too. I don't want to play my other toons. I want to play with my main only (and that means I would buy more raid timer bypasses).
    And NO MULES, not even for unbound stuff.
    yeah I don't disagree with you at all.

I want all my Items for ONE TOON on ONE TOON

On another note~~~

there's other issues besides bank space such as inventory space to begin with even with a fully upgraded inventory and the TP purchased inventory space I have trouble keeping just 25 slots open for collecting loot as I quest.

Currently I am going through a Monk life to gain the PL feat. I am running a Stunning fist/blow DC focused dark monk/fighter hybrid with a splash of rogue for UMD and trap skills.

after my basic gear that I wear for general situations a very minimal mix of hand wraps only 4. I have trap gear including evasion boosting gear a set of 4 items to swap on that boost my UMD to scroll stuff... 95% heal scrolls at lvl 12 (not great in combat with all the swapping but, a nice top me off afterwards instead of drinking so many pots) a single haste clicky with 3 charges, deathward clicky, numerous scrolls (stoneskin, blur, etc) all the potions that a generally carried (health pots, disease, curse, poison, blindness). Lucky monks don't carry spell components.

I don't even want more inventory space just give me a bag to put my pots,scroll,and spell components into to clear up some room.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

We absolutely, 100% need more pack space, whether it be bank or inventory.

I just TR'ed my Bard into a Rogue and back into a Bard again, and with the gear I had plus the lvl 25+ stuff recently acquired from Storm Horns runs, I'm out of space. God forbid I actually wanted to TR into a class with a different playstyle, like a caster, I'd be totally without any BTC gear because I wouldn't be able to fit it into her bank. Granted, a TWF Bard is going to have 2x the weapons of a THF'er, and a metric load of scrolls to UMD, etc., but enough is enough.

Time to up the storage space, because the amount of storage we have was already outdated when Epic levels were added. Add three more levels, and a ton more gear, and it's past outdated and downright archaic.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    Not trying to be insensitive here I agree with that Robai, but Turbine has to get a solution that applies to ALL. Not just someone/people that play with only 1 toon.
    Yes, and that option should be also for those who want to play only one toon! I mean it should be possible to play just 1 toon if you want, without any mules (but DDO has no such option, because you have to store A LOT of stuff on other toons, which is not fun, not to mention that you can't store BtC stuff on mules).

But how an option for more BtC space would affect those others who won't waste their TPs for that?
    If you don't need, good, don't buy it.
    You don't have to buy it (or use it).

I have 21 characters slots atm.
    I've paid for bank upgrades for like 10 of them. I probably won't play them at all, but I've bought it anyway (when it was 25% off) just in case I decide to play them, because that's the top priority purchase imo.
    Atm I'm actively playing with 3 toons.
    For me, it's not fun to play undergeared toons (even if I could slowly solo being 100% naked to lvl 20, but it would be slow and not fun).
    My main toon is overgeared (too overgeared), it's not fun to play him, because he can't loot anything.
    My second toon is geared well enough, but his bank is full long time ago, but he can still loot like 4-5 more important items and that's it, he is done too.
    My third has no special gear, except some BtA stuff, not fun to play too (and if I start playing him seriously then his bank soon will be full, and again, no future for him).

Any BtCoE items are out of the question now (I've got a number of them), and can't equip anything on my main toon, just waiting for more BtC space.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post

Yah, I suggested something along the lines of alternate means to deal with BtC items a while back, I called it a Trophy Room, I think it was even after you started this thread, I would search it up, since the search function is broken, I have no idea where it is anymore, and I might be wrong, but I think you responded with "nahh, I want more bank space"

The truth is, any space would be good space, with that mind, be careful what you ask for, and what you deny, who knows, holding out for one thing without jumping on something better, may work out against you.

As it stands the trophy Room idea I talked about several months ago, was used in another game I played, (Apparently I was not the only who thought such a thing would be a great idea) and I really enjoyed the use of it in the other game.

Anyway, kudos for keeping this going for so long.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Yes, we really need more per-character storage space desperately.

Another possible idea someone in game suggested: Add a few new types of guild airship chest that is per-character storage space, and make them huge (the Shared Bank/Guild Storage/TR Cache style window doesn't have an inherent limit on items like the character inventory and character bank UIs do). And add search to that interface too! This new chest/chests could just be ignored when you TR (it is just still there, same as your Shared Bank or Guild Chest if it expires for a while).
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

The Hatchery

But in seriousness I'm in favor of more bankspace. Player housing would also be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post

But in seriousness I'm in favor of more bankspace. Player housing would also be interesting.
    yeah the housing thing has been in the bouncing around in the Dev topics here and there.

All I have to say about housing is give it storage!

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    How about the HALL OF BANK SPACE?
    Yes, please.

I can has moar space pl0x?

Last edited by morkahn82; 08-27-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast