Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Bank Space and new packs

I don't remember if bank space was ever increased in DDO Store (I saw only shared bank increase, several times).

At first I could deal with bank space:
    - Got house K favor,
    - sent unbound things to other accounts,
    - bought Shared bank and sent BtA things to other toons
    - bought both bank upgrades from DDO Store
    - bought inventory bag
    - got rid of anything not important

But now my bank is still full and I'm stuck:
    - stopped farming more BtC things (yes, that means less joining groups or creating ones)
    - can't even TR my main toon, because I don't want to destroy BtC things I've spend a lot of time get (still waiting for more Bank upgrades).

So many new packs released, which means a lot of additional BtC items.
    We have even the whole expansion (sadly, no expansion for bank).
    Level cap was increased, which means you need a lot more items than you needed before.
    And we are still getting new packs (Druid's Deep, High Road, Epic Gianthold) WITHOUT bank space increase.

Can we PLEASE have more bank upgrades?
    I'm not asking it to be free, just give an option to buy it from DDO Store.

I'm sure many players would love that.

I'll quote some good posts in this thread here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgeborn View Post
    ... for a completionist character, or at least one that is doing a lot of past lives, those slots might not be adequate to store all the gear that you want to have for those lives. having half a dozen GS weapons, 3 GS accessories, bauble, some Fens stuff (helm is nice to have), a minos, a nightforge gorget, titan raid loot (boots, belt, gloves, ring), VoN raid loot, reaver's fate loot, DQ raid loot, VoD raid loot, HoX raid loot, literally 20+ Tower of despair rings that might or might not come in handy (ravager, kyosho's, sanura's, rahkir's, encrusted, etc) and some of them doubles with different upgrades so you can slot things, AND some of the belts/necklaces for the better sets (rahkir's/shintoa/knosts), alchemical weapons from lord of the blades, certain runearms. CITW/epic/FR stuff if you want to play around at cap a bit. Crafted items with guild slots so you can 'use' the extra sp/hp/fort/whatever.

It all adds up, and it's all bound to character, and some of us (me included), are packrats, I hate it when raid loot gets left behind and want to hoard it, and a lot of people have that same 'issue', but it's juggling inventory and bank space as it stands, which sorta puts me off and causes me to avoid getting into that conflict with myself. It's just pixels and bytes, but still, it feels like a shame to let it go to waste/lost/forgotten/destroyed/left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    ... this is what I want, turbine. 1 character. I never want to log into another toon, even though i've bought all these slots.
    Storage for all my BtC items. Find out how many BtC items are in the game. There needs to be AT LEAST that number of BtC storage space potential for any given character. From store, favor, or even loot (bag of holding style)
    Do the same thing for BtA, because the shared bank is used as overflow storage for my ONE character, not to pass items back and forth to alts. Then add at least 10 to this number for scrolls, wands, and pots. Make all guild vendor items BtA instead of BtC.
    And lastly, give us things like potion belts, wand bracers and scroll cases to hold multiples of these w/o taking multiple spaces. I don't care if it's like the cookie jar and items inside can't be used until removed. Make the item!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    ... I want to log into one character and be set. I want all my twink gear held there, no mules. I want potions, scrolls and wands to be able to stay on this character when I TR, so I don't have to switch over to multiple mules. I don't want to need a spreadsheet to remember what mules have which items. Just let me have more BtC space. I'll pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    Is it fun to buy a new pack and don't keep any loot from it?
    Last edited by TheRobai; 11-11-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Learn to let things go it makes you so much more free While from a game stand point more space would be nice the Roleplayer in me winces

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Learn to let things go it makes you so much more free While from a game stand point more space would be nice the Roleplayer in me winces
    Oh yeah, the one thing that I have to let go is this game (that would be awesome, it would be so much free time to do important things in RL).
    Too bad, I can't stop playing even if I should.

When I tr everything in my inventory that is non essential like pots, scrolls, wands, low level gear gets put in the toons backpack before tr'ing. After tr'ing, it's all a available in a second bank account window that is withdrawal only. I can leave stuff in there indefinitely, or pull stuff out as needed progressing through the levels. It's perfect for consumables like pots, spell mats, etc as they will get slowly used up as I tr, cleaning the tr bank out as I level, and keeping the main inventory spaces clear. You can't have more than one tr bank account per toon, so it will need to be cleaned out before tr'ing again.

For ingredients, you can get multiple bags from the guy in the twelve. Fill 'em up and move them to a mule tooon. Go get another bag and repeat as necessary. Keeping track of stuff is a pain, but at least you can sfore it.

Oh yeah, the one thing that I have to let go is this game (that would be awesome, it would be so much free time to do important things in RL).
    Too bad, I can't stop playing even if I should.
    yah feel the same everytime I think I am out they pull me back in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

I don't remember if bank space was ever increased in DDO Store (I saw only shared bank increase, several times).

At first I could deal with bank space:
    - Got house K favor,
    - sent unbound things to other accounts,
    - bought Shared bank and sent BtA things to other toons
    - bought both bank upgrades from DDO Store
    - got rid of anything not important

But now my bank is still full and I'm stuck:
    - stopped farming more BtC things (yes, that means less joining groups or creating ones)
    - can't even TR my main toon, because I don't want to destroy BtC things I've spend a lot of time get (still waiting for more Bank upgrades).

So many new packs released, which means a lot of additional BtC items.
    We have even the whole expansion (sadly, no expansion for bank).
    Level cap was increased, which means you need a lot more items than you needed before.
    And we are still getting new packs (Druid's Deep, High Road, Epic Gianthold) WITHOUT bank space increase.

Can we PLEASE have more bank upgrades?
    I'm not asking it to be free, just give an option to buy it from DDO Store.

I'm sure many players would love that.
    +1

You are not alone.

I strongly feel that the Devs would like to deal with this issue (notice the shared bank upgrade), however this last year has been a big one with concentration of getting epic levels going, the druid opperational, the combat system overhauled, and the enhancement system redone~any of which is big big change.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    When I tr everything in my inventory that is non essential like pots, scrolls, wands, low level gear gets put in the toons backpack before tr'ing. After tr'ing, it's all a available in a second bank account window that is withdrawal only. I can leave stuff in there indefinitely, or pull stuff out as needed progressing through the levels. It's perfect for consumables like pots, spell mats, etc as they will get slowly used up as I tr, cleaning the tr bank out as I level, and keeping the main inventory spaces clear. You can't have more than one tr bank account per toon, so it will need to be cleaned out before tr'ing again.

For ingredients, you can get multiple bags from the guy in the twelve. Fill 'em up and move them to a mule tooon. Go get another bag and repeat as necessary. Keeping track of stuff is a pain, but at least you can sfore it.
    You must be new. Yeah, we get all that. Wait until you start crafting items with nice guild augment slots that become btc. Make a few GS items/weapons. Farm a few quests with every named item btc. Epic items...

OP /signed

I've posted threads on:

Housing to house your gear

Extra bank space

Changing btc to bt "character name" so that it can be traded as bta but only used by the named character.
    Last edited by madmaxhunter; 11-29-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

ya, turbine needs to sell us more bag space. Sell at the premium!
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Just curious what would be more important for you:
    Additional bank upgrade (+20 slots)
    or
    +4 tome?

Community Member

Just curious what would be more important for you:
    Additional bank upgrade (+20 slots)
    or
    +4 tome?
    Bank Space, tomes are not hard to get
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Double Tap
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

More bank space is always a good thing but even with the tons of new crafting stuff and packs there is enough space in the bank to fit things characters actually need. I think most people, myself included, find an item and go "Oh neat! I might want to use this!". That item is then stashed in the bank for eons. When the bank gets full and space needs to be made, it comes down to want versus need. "Oh, but I might want to use that on a TR someday...in the future...maybe...kinda...but I like it!". A lot of items are easily replaced and/or aren't really needed at all. They just look nice. But most stuff really should be given away or trashed.
    Orien Player: Semirasai, ~3~ L28 Drow Wizard :: Kaethe, ~5~ L13 Halfling Barb/Bard/Rog :: Esthera, ~2~ L26 Human Favored Soul
    Sophiae, L20 Drow Bard :: Kitarina, L20 Half-Orc Fighter :: Aadia, L20 Half-Elf Sorcerer :: Olesia, ~2~ L15 Sun Elf Cleric/Monk

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    Housing to house your gear

Housing is something a lot of players want and I feel would be willing to pay for. I certainly would be and I haven't spent a cent on the game since I preordered the MotU.
    My real forum Join date is July 2007. Maybe one day someone will develop the awsome technology to fix this currently unfixable bug.

1. Each bank page should be double what they currently are.

2. You should be able to get 5 pages through favor

3. DDO store lets you bump that to 10 pages.

This would be a good start.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Just TR'd again last night and was really wishing for more bank space. I finally ran out of room for all my BtC items and had to trash some to finish clearing out the cache. Sure it wasn't hard to pick, but next time it's probably going to be raid loot or old epics that have to go. Was also considering using 3 tokens each to turn old epics into their baggable form to save some space, since I'd like to have every epic by the time I hit completionist.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    You must be new. Yeah, we get all that. Wait until...
    Why yes, I am fairly new. Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have asked a lot of questions on these forums and gotten great answers and loads of help. But you know what? I've also pointed out a couple things to experienced players that helped them. Sometimes, a fresh perspective can bring new ideas. I didn't see any mention of the tr bank space, so I considered the op may not have ever tr'ed or possibly just cleaned everything out of inventory before tr'ing (probably a good idea with anything important anyway) and never saw the tr bank.

Stranger things have happened.

So pardon me for trying to help. I suppose new players should just sit down, shut up, and do what we're told.

And you guys wonder why the game is dying. Have you seen how new players are treated? Some of you crusty old vets need to take a long look at your attitude. Remember when you were new?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Why yes, I am fairly new. Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have asked a lot of questions on these forums and gotten great answers and loads of help. But you know what? I've also pointed out a couple things to experienced players that helped them. Sometimes, a fresh perspective can bring new ideas. I didn't see any mention of the tr bank space, so I considered the op may not have ever tr'ed or possibly just cleaned everything out of inventory before tr'ing (probably a good idea with anything important anyway) and never saw the tr bank.

Stranger things have happened.

So pardon me for trying to help. I suppose new players should just sit down, shut up, and do what we're told.

And you guys wonder why the game is dying. Have you seen how new players are treated? Some of you crusty old vets need to take a long look at your attitude. Remember when you were new?
    No, the OP's problem is that they are getting ready to TR again and haven't the space to clear the cache from the previous TR. Anything left in it gets deleted on the next TR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    No, the OP's problem is that they are getting ready to TR again and haven't the space to clear the cache from the previous TR. Anything left in it gets deleted on the next TR.
    Pretty sure I've tried leaving the TR cache full, and it just won't let you TR again until it's empty. This means you have a max of what, 100 bank slots plus 120 inventory slots plus whatever you can equip? I've been here since the beginning and it would be annoying to have to destroy some hard earned raid loot / epics. If they offered extra bank or inventory slots I'd certainly buy them.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    It won't let you TR unless the reincarnation cache is empty (unless they changed that).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more bank space... But do you really need all that ****? I have lots of stuff myself and have been doing a lot of what you said. I have 7 mules all with various stuff all across them, none of them are full. Each time I TR (or clean out a mule) I ask myself some questions:

Have I used this item in the past 6 months? No, then it's junkable.
    Is the item ridiculously hard to pull yourself? If it's something like muckdoom that took me 50 runs to get, yeah I'll keep it around, but if it's the Boots of the Marsh that I get a drop for almost every single life, I'll toss.
    Will I be using this item in a life or two? No, then toss it.

Questions like this have helped me clear my bank space up at the end of every TR.

I know you can buy 1 or 2 more bank spots from the DDO store and a 6th bag, not sure if you knew about that OP, but its an option if you did not. If you already have all that.....well damn that is A LOT of stuff you want to keep and kinda scares me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varis View Post
    Is that a trick question? A nuker should heighten, empower and maximise flushing the toilet
    Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    It will do damage like taking a point-blank meteor swarm in the crotch. You hear me people, stop encouraging Turbine to meteor swarm crotches!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast