Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    2014 DDO Players Council

I had to vendor a bunch of raid loot before my most recent TR. :-( Yes, I need more BTC space, bank or inventory, I don't care which. Will pay TP for it!

Community Member

Your not even close to the first to ask. My last TR I posted the same thing.
    Krimsonrayne -Ultimate Lord of Shadows on Orien server.
    Using -Ethan Hunt build -Assassin III, 900+ HP versatile, survivalist, high dps, str build.
    Build presented in video format. Long Live R.O.G.U.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    1. Each bank page should be double what they currently are.

2. You should be able to get 5 pages through favor

3. DDO store lets you bump that to 10 pages.

This would be a good start.
    This is something i can get behind. I'd even not mind a housing situation, no, don't say guild ships or guild housing, but housing for each character or account with decent storage space. Cash or favor, i don't care, i want more space. I'm a horrible pack rat.

TR Fawngate again ~ life 22

Destroyed 8 stacks of silver flame pots, 2 stacks of heal scrolls, 1 stack of rez scrolls,
    Chittin armor, 2 stacks of cure serious potions.

Rebought them back from the tavern after TRing for about 100k platish.

Also deconstructed some nice staffs and did not buy back some stuff such as a named icy sickle.

Yes, please do it right, please make it bug tested, please make it interesting, but please put
    bound inventory space issue on your list of things to do, thanks!

Unsolicited quote from current party member:
    " they really need to offer more bank space"
    and
    "especially shared bank space"

Community Member

And we need more storage devices too, please: spell component pouch, scroll case, a non-disposable set of lock picks, potion bandoleer, etc. Put 'em in the store and I'll buy 'em. So too, I imagine, would many others...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    "All characters have multiple abilities when it comes to fighting that benefits the parties ability to complete a quest, how many are YOU using?"

Community Member

The absolute easiest, rock-simple solution would just be to add about twice as many bank tabs. They can all be bought for TP only, and no one would complain.

I think the number of bank tabs you can purchase should be enormous. 20, 30, etc. Or just make each tabe hold 100 items. I just want more elbow room!

Figure, on the server-side, each item is maybe a few kilobytes. With enterprise SANS holding petabytes these days, there is really no good reason to limit storage so severely. I had the same problem on World of Warcraft, couldn't get enough space then, either. From what I've seen of EverQuest, same issue.

I remember games like Ultima Online which had effectively unlimited storage(I think) and easy organization with bags/sub bags/etc.

With DDO the storage issue its actually getting frustrating enough that I have considered leaving DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    The absolute easiest, rock-simple solution would just be to add about twice as many bank tabs. They can all be bought for TP only, and no one would complain.

I think the number of bank tabs you can purchase should be enormous. 20, 30, etc. Or just make each tabe hold 100 items. I just want more elbow room!

Figure, on the server-side, each item is maybe a few kilobytes. With enterprise SANS holding petabytes these days, there is really no good reason to limit storage so severely. I had the same problem on World of Warcraft, couldn't get enough space then, either. From what I've seen of EverQuest, same issue.

I remember games like Ultima Online which had effectively unlimited storage(I think) and easy organization with bags/sub bags/etc.

With DDO the storage issue its actually getting frustrating enough that I have considered leaving DDO.
    Yeah, it would be much more fun to play DDO if there was no annoyance of storage.
    The bank is full and I can't TR because don't want to destroy Epic/Raid gear.

Inventory also needs additional space too (try to play Tempest, which obviously uses two weapons + bow, so 3 times more than barbarian needs).
    At least, some favor rewards should give more space, not the opposite as it is now (for example, Harpers favor = -1 to inv slot, 125 PDK = -1 to inv slot, unless you take the reward and destroy it which is absurd).

I know some players, who have full bank space and full inv space all the time, at least that was the answer to my question why he always leaves trash items in chests (he has 6th inv bag, both Bank upgrades and Shared Bank).

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

I'd love to see a reverse TR cache implemented - you can put things in, but you can't pull 'em back out. Perfect for all that bound stuff you're not gonna use *this* life - either because it's caster stuff on a melee or you've outgrown it - but want to keep around for *next* life. And when you TR, it automatically goes into the TR cache (since, y'know, you can't pull 'em out for your inventory).

Of course, I can see people putting EVERYTHING in there right before a TR, but that wouldn't be a bad thing *g*
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

I have 6 storage toons out of 11 characters!! Help me! i beg you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I have a penchant to hold onto any named loot, simply because it is named. It's worth on the other had could be highly contested.

Which is why I personally think a "Trophy Case" would fill a void that just more bank space would not quite provide.

Again. I am for more bank space as well.
    I talk to myself and say "They've changed items before precious! Maybe they could change you and you will be awesome r."

Seriously i tell myself this...

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    I have 6 storage toons out of 11 characters!! Help me! i beg you!
    Heh...I have 4 storage toons out of 5 characters. I have lots of nice unbound and bound-to-account stuff I want to hold on to.

But that's not really the problem for me. It's the shortage of CHARACTER space, for bound-to-character items, that's killing me. Every TR lately, it seems I have to vendor some more hard-earned named raid loot.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Heh...I have 4 storage toons out of 5 characters. I have lots of nice unbound and bound-to-account stuff I want to hold on to.

But that's not really the problem for me. It's the shortage of CHARACTER space, for bound-to-character items, that's killing me. Every TR lately, it seems I have to vendor some more hard-earned named raid loot.
    You know I run a fair amount of alts; still I have 10 bank bank characters - including 2 who are essentially slaved to be pack mules for my most frequent TR characters. They hold the unbound or BTA stuff my frequent TRs use.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    +1

You are not alone.

I strongly feel that the Devs would like to deal with this issue (notice the shared bank upgrade), however this last year has been a big one with concentration of getting epic levels going, the druid opperational, the combat system overhauled, and the enhancement system redone~any of which is big big change.
    And yet other MMOs increase many things when they release an expansion: character slots, bank space, etc. This isn't a situation where it's not possible, or the other MMOs couldn't do it. It's a case of faulty planning - whether by the management or the devs we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    I talk to myself and say "They've changed items before precious! Maybe they could change you and you will be awesome r."

Seriously i tell myself this...
    Lol, , lol...

More bank space please, my precious demands it...

they just need a checklist of all the named/raid loot in the game, and as us packrats pick it up we get a little check mark next to it, and then we can throw it away if we will never use it, but happily look back and say "i looted that, and held it in my hands". we could even do something like the monster manual, call it "Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" a la PnP and give exp points for filling pages. problem solved, get your pack rat/nostalgia fix and throw your **** away while you're at it.

I'd like to see them change the favor reward at 2500 from a +2 tome (which is worthless) to a bonus bank slot instead.

Put an eventual max on it (I guess at TR3), but that means everyone could eventually get 3 additional bank slots.

storage space, my precioussss!!!
    I'd pay. Plat, TP, real money ...
    I need more storage space!
    I have a mule for every playing character and still I need storage space!
    Stop me before I stash again!
    Argonessen: Jhanrae, Weisen Heimer, Chaard O'Nay, Soulah, and more. Khyber: Dyzzie and Myssie for escape from Argo drama

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Default Just read through all 4+ pages...

and didn't see this yet, so here goes...You kids have it good these days. I remember when we only had 3 inventory pages and 1 bank slot...and 1 small collectible and gem bag. So after every run, we had to sell all our excess junk and turn in collectibles for either useful items or more stuff to sell. And there was no favor we could earn to get more.

With that said, I would love to have more bank and inventory space

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Quote Originally Posted by Saaluta View Post
    So after every run, we had to walk 4 miles in the snow to sell all our excess junk and turn in collectibles for either useful items or more stuff to sell.
    Bows in respect to the founder...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast