Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post
    Ok... let's work this out mathematically.

main hand, off hand, right ring, left ring, bracers, gloves, armor, helmet, goggles, trinket, amulet, boots, cloak

That's 13 items. Lets say you're hard core and have 5 sets of JUST BTC gear that's 65. Five bank tabs and 6 pack tabs per toon times 25 is 750 spaces. The possibility of 30 toon slots for toons and mules so figure 15 mules and you have and additional 11250 spaces for BTA items.

And you cant find room for it? I feel an episode of Hoarders coming soon.
    Your missing GS items from past lives and levels 1-20 items that you use in succession. Like the no-level +2 int you get to equip from the start and all the armors that are good until level 8, 12, 14, etc. Plus the required ingredients for quests that don't go in bags...Ugh.

More storage, better organized, please!

Community Member

signed

We need more character bank space for BtC items. Everyone who TR a lot knows the pain before every TR :/

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I like it. Would it be account based per server, or per character? I suppose with all the BTC stuff it would have to be per character.
    Well.

The Items in the case would be limited to the Character - It would function like a Normal Bank Slot does - Each "case" would be limited to be accessed by the character that put the item in it.

But like any normal bank slot, you could take an item out and pass to an alt or even sell later if you wanted As permitted by the bound state of the item (It would after all be for all and any named items, not just Bound Named Items)

As you said, it would need to be like this, so that it does not become some "Sale Gimmick" to bypass the BtC limitations

The idea is to give additional Bank space in a neat, orderly manner, that is fun for the player base as opposed to just some bland block of inventory.

Not that I think anyone would mind more bland blocks of inventory, but, none the less I am sure they would also enjoy this little bauble as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Well.

The Items in the case would be limited to the Character - It would function like a Normal Bank Slot does - Each "case" would be limited to be accessed by the character that put the item in it.

But like any normal bank slot, you could take an item out and pass to an alt or even sell later if you wanted As permitted by the bound state of the item (It would after all be for all and any named items, not just Bound Named Items)

As you said, it would need to be like this, so that it does not become some "Sale Gimmick" to bypass the BtC limitations

The idea is to give additional Bank space in a neat, orderly manner, that is fun for the player base as opposed to just some bland block of inventory.

Not that I think anyone would mind more bland blocks of inventory, but, none the less I am sure they would also enjoy this little bauble as well.
    Sadly this appeals to me. Not 'sadly' because it is a bad idea, I think it is great. But 'sadly' because hoarding real objects is bad enough, hoarding virtual objects is, well, I can't really describe it.

main hand, off hand, right ring, left ring, bracers, gloves, armor, helmet, goggles, trinket, amulet, boots, cloak

That's 13 items. Lets say you're hard core and have 5 sets of JUST BTC gear that's 65. Five bank tabs and 6 pack tabs per toon times 25 is 750 spaces. The possibility of 30 toon slots for toons and mules so figure 15 mules and you have and additional 11250 spaces for BTA items.

Your math fails.

With crafting you could have dozens of BtC items for levelling.

You could also have multiple gear sets for different TR lives.

And 15 mules cost what, $75-90? Why not let people buy more shared bank space or bank tabs instead of that's what they want?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Sadly this appeals to me. Not 'sadly' because it is a bad idea, I think it is great. But 'sadly' because hoarding real objects is bad enough, hoarding virtual objects is, well, I can't really describe it.
    I have a penchant to hold onto any named loot, simply because it is named. It's worth on the other had could be highly contested.

Which is why I personally think a "Trophy Case" would fill a void that just more bank space would not quite provide.

Again. I am for more bank space as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I have a penchant to hold onto any named loot, simply because it is named. It's worth on the other had could be highly contested.

Which is why I personally think a "Trophy Case" would fill a void that just more bank space would not quite provide.

Again. I am for more bank space as well.
    But that trophy case would take more work to code and maintain (as items change) than more bank pages and would be less flexible than bank pages. I really don't understand why you would want the book over more pages.

Just put more bank tabs as purchasable from the DDO store. I'd buy AT LEAST 2 more. Probably upwards of 5 more as I TR more and acquire more BTC gear. Plus, I'm lazy.

I want to log into one character and be set. I want all my twink gear held there, no mules. I want potions, scrolls and wands to be able to stay on this character when I TR, so I don't have to switch over to multiple mules. I don't want to need a spreadsheet to remember what mules have which items. Just let me have more BtC space. I'll pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    But that trophy case would take more work to code and maintain (as items change) than more bank pages and would be less flexible than bank pages. I really don't understand why you would want the book over more pages.
    You are confusing the concepts of "In lieu of" with "In conjunction with"

You are not the first, I doubt you will be the last. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    Just put more bank tabs as purchasable from the DDO store. I'd buy AT LEAST 2 more. Probably upwards of 5 more as I TR more and acquire more BTC gear. Plus, I'm lazy.

I want to log into one character and be set. I want all my twink gear held there, no mules. I want potions, scrolls and wands to be able to stay on this character when I TR, so I don't have to switch over to multiple mules. I don't want to need a spreadsheet to remember what mules have which items. Just let me have more BtC space. I'll pay for it.
    Good point. Why do I have to have mules? Everything should be available on one toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    Good point. Why do I have to have mules? Everything should be available on one toon.
    Aye

I really think it must be harder to add those tabs in then what we must think.

I mean, think about it, 995 TP for 10 slots in the Shard Bank, that's a buck a spot, talk abotu easy money, and given the shared bank seems pretty simple in function, it should be super easy to add more spots to it, and thus they would be crazy not gives up to 100 slots there alone (if not more)

And more bank tabs, at roughly the same price, with so many people wanting more. It would seem like a no-brainer to drop in 5 more tabs and sell them for 995 each.

So the only thing I can figure* is that there is something in the code itself with how the bank is designed that would make adding in those tabs/spots either very difficult and time consuming to the point that they might even need to rewrite the entire bank code, and thus not worth the money they would make

Which means, as crazy as it may sound, it might even be easier to program in the Trophy Case then to add tabs to the bank, after all, they put in the Monster Manual before they added in added bank sots.

*This is of course excluding the possibility that Turbine management is just crazy and does not want to make money off selling additional bank space.

Just turned in 40 gold coins, 200+ silver coins and 1000+ copper coins.
    Simply put: PITA.

I thought that my inventory is too small (the bank doesn't help - full).
    After this coin turn ... pita ... in I realized that it's too tiny, or just empty (i.e. it looks like I have no inventory at all).
    Sun flasks + Lumps of Coal + Festival Twigs ... - so useful (in other words: you win DDO).
    It was 2 hours of FUN (click, click, ... click, ..., destroy/confirm, destroy/confirm, ... click, click, ... click, ..., destroy/confirm, destroy/confirm, ....).

Okay, let's work this out with beloved 'math':

each character has 3 innate bank tabs, 1 free, 2 kundarak favor, and up to 2 purchased tabs, for a total of 5 bank slots.
    each character has 5 innate inventory tabs, 3 free, 2 coin lord favor, and 1 purchased tab, for a total of 6 inventory slots.

Each bank, and inventory slot, has 5 horizontal slots, and 4 vertical slots, for 20 items per tab. So we're at 11 tabs *20 item, or 220 items per character, in addition to what we can wear.

Each character can, in addition, wear one full set of gear, consisting out of goggles, helm, necklace, trinket, armor, bracers, cloak, belt, ring 1, ring 2, boots, gloves, main hand item, off-hand item, and quiver (and arrows if you care, but those are consumables and will mostly be inside of a quiver).

Together, this puts a hard limit of 235 items in a single characters possession at any given time (236 if you count arrows).

Even assuming we max out our character slots (which is 32 for a free to play, 34 for a premium, or 40 for a VIP), we're looking at a max of 9440 items stored (again, if you count a stack of arrows as a separate item instead of shoving em in one of the quivers).
    -----

For starters here's some items that are BTC:
    A vision of destruction: 10 pieces of raid loot
    Ascension chamber: 13 pieces of raid loot
    Caught in the web: 13 pieces of raid loot
    Hound of Xoriat: 11 pieces of raid loot
    Plane of Night: 20 pieces of raid loot, 1 extra epic only piece that drops ready-made.
    Master Artificer: 1 piece of raid loot, the rune arm, which we probably want at least 2 off with diff upgrades
    Reaver's fate: 11 pieces of raid loot, and 1 extra staff which is BTA
    Twilight forge: 17 pieces of raid loot
    Tower of Despair: 32 pieces of raid loot, again, we'll prolly want some doubles with diff upgrades.
    Zawabi's revenge: 16 pieces of raid loot.
    Lord of Blades: alchemical crafting
    The thirteenth eclipse: Greensteel items

Now, assuming we only keep one of each item (and no alchems/GS), we're up to 155 items, if we go into dual wielding some of the single handed weapons, or getting copies of the same items so we can have different upgrades, or because they have decent/good clickies, then we'll get quite a bit higher.

Then we get to stuff that drops in quests, like both earleeches, (von 4 and dreaming dark), a bauble, some of the red fens gear. And all the FR stuff, which is cute, but it's all Bound to Character on Equip, so gives even more hassle in the storing stuff department

Then, the joy if epicifying some of the raidloot, or fens loot,and thus having both a standard claw set for leveling, and one for at cap, in addition to other epic items which may or may not have started BTA.
    ----

Either way, all in all, it's a ton of items that are BTC, that might be used during leveling on some lives, for which we just don't have space.

Probably should have posted here:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    What is the meaning of this?
    1) it's not on sale (should be 20% off)
    2) it costs 995 TP, i.e. too high (usually character bank upgrades costs 595 TP)
    3) it appears only for characters which didn't buy bank upgrade 1 yet
    4) was it supposed to be bank upgrade 3?

There is also Bank upgrade 1 in DDO Store (the same price is for upgrade 2):

Just a reminder that it would be awesome.
    Please, I beg you Devs.

While I do agree that bank space would prolly make a killing as I've purchased extra bags/max shared bank space/gargantuan ingredient bags/huge collectibles etc.. (on multiple chars)

I do have to say they make a tv show for people like us.. http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/

with that, I found that during my TRs I really look at things I hadn't used and either toss or make room for them, it is a pain but its a skill too! We can't keep everything

let pack rats buy the space they want to fund the game. others who don't want the space, don't buy it.

End thread.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Quote Originally Posted by jambajuicey View Post
    While I do agree that bank space would prolly make a killing as I've purchased extra bags/max shared bank space/gargantuan ingredient bags/huge collectibles etc.. (on multiple chars)

I do have to say they make a tv show for people like us.. http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/

with that, I found that during my TRs I really look at things I hadn't used and either toss or make room for them, it is a pain but its a skill too! We can't keep everything
    Skill? There is not much skill needed to choose which items you need most.
    We play for fun. And there is no fun to destroy your items, which took you a long time to get.

Of course, it's possible to play without the best items (as we did on our first life).
    But is it fun to destroy your GS items?
    Is it fun to destroy ToD rings?
    Is it fun to destroy Abbot loot?
    Is it fun to destroy Epic items?
    Is it fun to have shard+seal+scroll, but never make that Epic item, unless you destroy it later?
    Is it fun to destroy challenge items?
    Is it fun to destroy Raid loot, which took you 60+ raid completions to get?
    Is it fun to know that you won't be able to loot the item, which you'd like to have, but it is so rare that didn't drop even after 60+ completions?
    Is it fun to skip raid just because you can't keep loot from it? (yes, that's the main reason why I don't join some raids)
    Is it fun to not being able to get more loot?
    Is it fun to buy a new pack and don't keep any loot from it?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast