Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Housing?!?

Yes please!

Want a real stable for my companions, a room to decorate, a garden to grow stuff in,
    a trophy room for my "uberest" conquests, a gym for asorted buffs, a kitchen lab to brew
    my own potions, a workshop to craft in, a guard dragon, traps for the front door, a moat,
    a tower guest room, a home theature for visiting bards, a library for researching epic spells,
    henchmen, followers, a choice of property sites (do you like the vale or the orchard to live in),
    an art gallery for my rare art treasures, a ballroom for hosting large events, a bedroom
    (click on to be restored to full hit points and spell points), ect, ect, ect...

But I'll settle for mmmmmooooorrrreee character bank space....

Quote Originally Posted by LordRavnos View Post
    I know you can buy 1 or 2 more bank spots from the DDO store and a 6th bag, not sure if you knew about that OP, but its an option if you did not. If you already have all that.....well damn that is A LOT of stuff you want to keep and kinda scares me.
    He already has those, and so do a lot of us, but for a completionist character, or at least one that is doing a lot of past lives, those slots might not be adequate to store all the gear that you want to have for those lives. having half a dozen GS weapons, 3 GS accessories, bauble, some Fens stuff (helm is nice to have), a minos, a nightforge gorget, titan raid loot (boots, belt, gloves, ring), VoN raid loot, reaver's fate loot, DQ raid loot, VoD raid loot, HoX raid loot, literally 20+ Tower of despair rings that might or might not come in handy (ravager, kyosho's, sanura's, rahkir's, encrusted, etc) and some of them doubles with different upgrades so you can slot things, AND some of the belts/necklaces for the better sets (rahkir's/shintoa/knosts), alchemical weapons from lord of the blades, certain runearms. CITW/epic/FR stuff if you want to play around at cap a bit. Crafted items with guild slots so you can 'use' the extra sp/hp/fort/whatever.

It all adds up, and it's all bound to character, and some of us (me included), are packrats, I hate it when raid loot gets left behind and want to hoard it, and a lot of people have that same 'issue', but it's juggling inventory and bank space as it stands, which sorta puts me off and causes me to avoid getting into that conflict with myself. It's just pixels and bytes, but still, it feels like a shame to let it go to waste/lost/forgotten/destroyed/left behind.

I just made 20 again yesterday and want to TR, but I am dreading having to log in junk characters, clear the shared bank, log back to Graype, log back the junk characters, then log Graype once more, clear my TR cache, decide what to sell/destroy as I have made 2 new GS weapons and turned in scales for a GH white dragon docent. That's at least 3 items that will need to go.

I'm just not looking forward to the hassle of TRing, but I don't enjoy endgame. So i'm probably just gunna get to 25 slowly over time, then sit there til I get the desire to do the work to be able to TR again. I would not be spending money on true hearts at this point.

this is what I want, turbine. 1 character. I never want to log into another toon, even though i've bought all these slots.
    Storage for all my BtC items. Find out how many BtC items are in the game. There needs to be AT LEAST that number of BtC storage space potential for any given character. From store, favor, or even loot (bag of holding style)
    Do the same thing for BtA, because the shared bank is used as overflow storage for my ONE character, not to pass items back and forth to alts. Then add at least 10 to this number for scrolls, wands, and pots. Make all guild vendor items BtA instead of BtC.
    And lastly, give us things like potion belts, wand bracers and scroll cases to hold multiples of these w/o taking multiple spaces. I don't care if it's like the cookie jar and items inside can't be used until removed. Make the item!

I don't get why turbine doesn't offer more bank space in store, seems kind of stupid considering it would prob sell quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    I just made 20 again yesterday and want to TR, but I am dreading having to log in junk characters, clear the shared bank, log back to Graype, log back the junk characters, then log Graype once more, clear my TR cache, decide what to sell/destroy as I have made 2 new GS weapons and turned in scales for a GH white dragon docent. That's at least 3 items that will need to go.

I'm just not looking forward to the hassle of TRing, but I don't enjoy endgame. So i'm probably just gunna get to 25 slowly over time, then sit there til I get the desire to do the work to be able to TR again. I would not be spending money on true hearts at this point.

this is what I want, turbine. 1 character. I never want to log into another toon, even though i've bought all these slots.
    Storage for all my BtC items. Find out how many BtC items are in the game. There needs to be AT LEAST that number of BtC storage space potential for any given character. From store, favor, or even loot (bag of holding style)
    Do the same thing for BtA, because the shared bank is used as overflow storage for my ONE character, not to pass items back and forth to alts. Then add at least 10 to this number for scrolls, wands, and pots. Make all guild vendor items BtA instead of BtC.
    And lastly, give us things like potion belts, wand bracers and scroll cases to hold multiples of these w/o taking multiple spaces. I don't care if it's like the cookie jar and items inside can't be used until removed. Make the item!
    +1

Destroyed 50ish items during last TR...

Oh and what about our tink gear?

Like that nice Drow Greataxe of the Weapon master, that makes leveling up from 20 to level 30 easier?

Bank space is just gonna get tighter and tighter as the level cap increases....

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    It won't let you TR unless the reincarnation cache is empty (unless they changed that).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more bank space... But do you really need all that ****? I have lots of stuff myself and have been doing a lot of what you said. I have 7 mules all with various stuff all across them, none of them are full. Each time I TR (or clean out a mule) I ask myself some questions:

Have I used this item in the past 6 months? No, then it's junkable.
    Is the item ridiculously hard to pull yourself? If it's something like muckdoom that took me 50 runs to get, yeah I'll keep it around, but if it's the Boots of the Marsh that I get a drop for almost every single life, I'll toss.
    Will I be using this item in a life or two? No, then toss it.

Questions like this have helped me clear my bank space up at the end of every TR.
    Good luck storing BtC items on your mules
    50 runs is NOT that much.
    Shards/Seals/Scrolls for epic items took A LOT more than 50 runs (so, not junkable for sure).
    Ravager ring took me 40 ToD runs, but I'm not going to vendor it for sure
    (for Muckdoom you can easily solo those 50 runs, Raids are a lot harder to farm, not to mention timer)
    I'd rather take a break from game and return when we finally be able to buy more bank upgrades (bank limitation is the second most annoying thing in DDO to me).

For those who think that they don't need more bank space:
    - good for you, you don't have to buy those upgrades

I know you can buy 1 or 2 more bank spots from the DDO store and a 6th bag, not sure if you knew about that OP, but its an option if you did not. If you already have all that.....well damn that is A LOT of stuff you want to keep and kinda scares me.
    Yes, obviously I bought 6th bag too
    (and yes, it's not enough too, I would buy +2 inventory bags for sure since I hate going to sell after every 2-3 quests)

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeborn View Post
    He already has those, and so do a lot of us, but for a completionist character, or at least one that is doing a lot of past lives, those slots might not be adequate to store all the gear that you want to have for those lives. having half a dozen GS weapons, 3 GS accessories, bauble, some Fens stuff (helm is nice to have), a minos, a nightforge gorget, titan raid loot (boots, belt, gloves, ring), VoN raid loot, reaver's fate loot, DQ raid loot, VoD raid loot, HoX raid loot, literally 20+ Tower of despair rings that might or might not come in handy (ravager, kyosho's, sanura's, rahkir's, encrusted, etc) and some of them doubles with different upgrades so you can slot things, AND some of the belts/necklaces for the better sets (rahkir's/shintoa/knosts), alchemical weapons from lord of the blades, certain runearms. CITW/epic/FR stuff if you want to play around at cap a bit. Crafted items with guild slots so you can 'use' the extra sp/hp/fort/whatever.

It all adds up, and it's all bound to character, and some of us (me included), are packrats, I hate it when raid loot gets left behind and want to hoard it, and a lot of people have that same 'issue', but it's juggling inventory and bank space as it stands, which sorta puts me off and causes me to avoid getting into that conflict with myself. It's just pixels and bytes, but still, it feels like a shame to let it go to waste/lost/forgotten/destroyed/left behind.
    Exactly!
    +1 rep
    Also add a lot of stuff from Abbot.
    Also add items from Challenges.

Well said,
    +1 rep
    Last edited by TheRobai; 12-03-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: As promised, added reputation

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Why yes, I am fairly new. Thanks for the warm welcome!

I didn't see any mention of the tr bank space, so I considered the op may not have ever tr'ed or possibly just cleaned everything out of inventory before tr'ing (probably a good idea with anything important anyway) and never saw the tr bank.
    The TR cache is definitely useful. The thing about it, though (and I just TR'ed my 2nd life ranger into a 3rd life artificer, so I had to deal with this), is that when you want to TR your toon again, you have to find a place for all that **** that is still in the cache. Unless I was given bad advice, the cache itself will not roll over into the next life. So this is the sticking point where you have to prioritize what to keep and what to ditch. I vendored a lot of stuff that provoked an initial reaction of "ooh, shiny!" when I first got it.

Oh, and definitely welcome to DDO. If you happen to be around Sarlona way, look up any of the Heroes of Skara Brae

Can we get a response from a Turbine representative on why there are not more BtC storage options available, even though the store? And perhaps more importantly, when/if it will be available.

I would gladly drop money on this game again if 2 things happen.

1) mobs stuck in wall preventing completions wasting my exp potions were fixed

2) more BtC storage options.

Last christmas I bought TP for 2 friends who play very casually. I'd buy them more points. I'd buy myself more points, for both of my accounts. And I'd encourage friends to try the game again. I have several that are between games since CoH went down, but I cannot in good concious refer them to this game. Free or not. Not with the current bugs. I only tolorate them because i'm in love with the game. They wouldn't see it my way, I promise you that.

Races and Classes are 35% of now.
    I would really love to buy Warforged, but for that I'll need the whole line of docents and there is no option to increase bank space.
    That is the main reason why I don't have Warforged yet. I could create a toon which would stay Warforged all his lives, but it's too boring, not going to happen for sure.

Why it's so hard to give an option to buy bank upgrades?
    Players would love it and Turbine get profit too (win + win).
    So, where is the problem?

Can we get a response from a Turbine representative on why there are not more BtC storage options available, even though the store? And perhaps more importantly, when/if it will be available.

I would gladly drop money on this game again if 2 things happen.

1) mobs stuck in wall preventing completions wasting my exp potions were fixed

2) more BtC storage options.

Last christmas I bought TP for 2 friends who play very casually. I'd buy them more points. I'd buy myself more points, for both of my accounts. And I'd encourage friends to try the game again. I have several that are between games since CoH went down, but I cannot in good concious refer them to this game. Free or not. Not with the current bugs. I only tolorate them because i'm in love with the game. They wouldn't see it my way, I promise you that.
    Why can I not buy more bank space? How would I be able to abuse more space I don't have access to mid-dungeon? How would I negatively impact the gameplay of others? How would turbine lose money by offering this in the store?

I can come up with no logical reason. Please, Turbine, let us know if we can expect more space, and if not, please let us know why you hate us. =P

yeah but if its their main toon yeah i can actually see it. all the twink gear all the epic gear situational gear. trust me it really adds up

Community Member

after a few years I'm near completely out of all bank and bag & backpack space.
    I refuse to make another mule. I already have 7.
    I've already thrown away all the cute or low level twink items.
    When there is no more room left and no option to get more room, I'll probably just stop playing for a while. Cancel my sub and come back in 6 moths or a year hoping someone finally got a clue.
    Krimsonrayne -Ultimate Lord of Shadows on Orien server.
    Using -Ethan Hunt build -Assassin III, 900+ HP versatile, survivalist, high dps, str build.
    Build presented in video format. Long Live R.O.G.U.E.

You can buy 80 "pack" slots for 695 Turbine points.

Its called a "Character slot".

If you get 150 coin lord & 150 K favor, it turns into 160 slots.

That is why my main account has 36 character slots and my 2nd account has 32. Plus another 2 characters on a 3rd free account. Total: 70 characters.

Yes, I am out of space too, and need to do some house cleaning.

What does it say when you can carry just about as much in your pack as you can store in your bank?
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

Quote Originally Posted by Silex_Molior View Post

That is why my main account has 36 character slots and my 2nd account has 32. Plus another 2 characters on a 3rd free account. Total: 70 characters.

With free accounts you have essentially unlimited space for unbound items - that's not the problem. There is too much btc gear to store everything on one character.

On that note though, an item that converts btc to bta has been suggested before and would at least help with storage problems. You'd need a shared bank, but at least you could have some way of keeping gear instead of trashing it.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Yes, that's all well and good, but that doesn't fix the BTC problem.

My main character is getting dangerously close to having 100 BTC items in her bank. Yes, I have the purchased slot, and the 6th inventory slot. It's simply not enough - especially since all the new gear is annoyingly BTC.

Not to mention all the rare "blue" loot that BTCoE now that I have.

I already have 4 mules to cover all the BTA and unbound stuff. That's a solvable problem. What I can't easily solve is the bank space issue.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    yes, that's all well and good, but that doesn't fix the btc problem.

My main character is getting dangerously close to having 100 btc items in her bank. Yes, i have the purchased slot, and the 6th inventory slot. It's simply not enough - especially since all the new gear is annoyingly btc.

Not to mention all the rare "blue" loot that btcoe now that i have.

I already have 4 mules to cover all the bta and unbound stuff. That's a solvable problem. What i can't easily solve is the bank space issue.
    +1

That's just more storage lockers to shuffle the stuff in and out of between alts. I'd pay handsomely to avoid that. I'd like to be able to keep about 320 slots per character.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SemiraLynn View Post
    there is enough space in the bank to fit things characters actually need.
    Not true. Completely depends on the character and player in question. Personally, I'd like to see more shared bank space made available, for the tons of gear that is char swapped. More personal bank space would be nice also. I'd also like to not have to pay for any of it outside of favor.

If wishes were fishes and all that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast