Community Member

Default New +3 to +4 Upgrades

Not a surprise that +4 Tomes are showing up in the store soon:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=399887

However, your pricing on the Supreme +3 to +4 upgrade seems out of whack.

+3 Supreme tomes were 3495 (says my email receipt from a year ago). If I want to upgrade that to a +4 Supreme that'd bring the total cost for that +4 Supreme to 6490.

Whereas a straight Supreme +4 tome is just 4495.

Seems like that Supreme +3 to +4 upgrade should be more in the 1000 to 1500 range, not 3000.
    Last edited by rimble; 11-27-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post

Seems like that Supreme +3 to +4 upgrade should be more in the 1000 to 1500 range, not 3000.
    They shouldn't even be in the store, my 2cp
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

Quote Originally Posted by ayspam View Post
    They shouldn't even be in the store, my 2cp
    They should.... money keeps the game alive.... and they are not game changing.... my2cp
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jortann View Post
    They should.... money keeps the game alive.... and they are not game changing.... my2cp
    In that case they should also put +4 - +5s in too, as you said money keeps the game alive, not game changing either.
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

In that case they should also put +4 - +5s in too, as you said money keeps the game alive, not game changing either.
    And they will, when +6 tomes come out.

The game will continue to grow and change and 'cooler' stuff wil be added, because if it wasn't we would all stop playing, because the game would become old and stale.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

However, your pricing on the Supreme +3 to +4 upgrade seems out of whack.

+3 Supreme tomes were 3495 (says my email receipt from a year ago). If I want to upgrade that to a +4 Supreme that'd bring the total cost for that +4 Supreme to 6490.

Whereas a straight Supreme +4 tome is just 4495.

I can see there beign a slight premium on the upgrade over the straight tome since the straight tome can only be used at level, and a series of upgrades can be used at different points, making them more powerful (at least on your first life using them)

For players who already have a +3 tome the upgrade is a better deal.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    I can see there beign a slight premium on the upgrade over the straight tome since the straight tome can only be used at level, and a series of upgrades can be used at different points, making them more powerful (at least on your first life using them)
    Yeah, that's why I mentioned 1500 as the ceiling, as opposed to 1000 which would make the costs identical...but they went for 3000, which is a bit much. I don't think I can bring myself to upgrade my Supreme +3 at that price...I guess I feel a little too manipulated...like I'm locked in, so they jacked the price to an extreme level just because they could. I don't generally react positively to these kinds of situations.
    Last edited by rimble; 11-27-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Where are the +3->+4 supreme upgrade tomes? I dont see them in the store. Did they get pulled? I can see the straight +4 ones (4495 TP), but the upgrades seem to be missing.

The pricing overall is in line with other line item pricing.
    However, I do think that people that purchased the + 3 supreme last year, should have a reduced upgrade price.
    (And yes these items do belong in the store.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Yeah, that's why I mentioned 1500 as the ceiling, as opposed to 1000 which would make the costs identical...but they went for 3000, which is a bit much. I don't think I can bring myself to upgrade my Supreme +3 at that price...I guess I feel a little too manipulated...like I'm locked in, so they jacked the price to an extreme level just because they could. I don't generally react positively to these kinds of situations.
    Yup, I agree. The number is subject to debate, but I think they would do better with a narrower range. Maybe they want the spread wide to be ready for a future "sale" on the upgrades?

I agree. Put the +5's in the store right away. +4 makes my stats uneven.

On a serious note...

Fix the DDO store so that the +3 to +4 supremes (which gives all 6 tomes individually) can be purchased by anyone, not just people who only have +3's on every stat only. It screws up people who have eaten a +4 anywhere and screws up people who havent eaten +3's across the board.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-30-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.