Default Guild Succession Question

I have been unable to find a clear answer to my question.

Our guild leader has been absent for one month and two weeks. His chosen successor is one of his alts. That alt has been absent for one month and one week.

We are now getting the auto warning popping up in guild chat when you log on, "Your guild leader is delinquent and leadership will pass to his successor in 14 days".

I have a multipart question to this.

1. If the named successor is also delinquent, does the 60 day time period start over when it passes to him, or does he have to be online to accept leadership?

2. If the named successor does not accept leadership because he is delinquent as well, can another member, or officer usurp the leadership role, and if so when?

After reading the wiki and some threads here, I am confused. Would like to have a clear answer as to what will happen and when.

Spud
    An old man playing the electronic version of the game he has loved for thirty years.
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Proudly receiving negative feed back for having ethics and standing on Principle.
    Rangers Lead the Way

Wow, I stumped everyone...
    An old man playing the electronic version of the game he has loved for thirty years.
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Proudly receiving negative feed back for having ethics and standing on Principle.
    Rangers Lead the Way

Default This is from the wiki

Officers can now usurp a guild after 60 days if there is no successor, or if the leader and successor has been inactive for 60 days.

Hope that helps.
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by chance2000 View Post
    Officers can now usurp a guild after 60 days if there is no successor, or if the leader and successor has been inactive for 60 days.

Hope that helps.
    It helps, but it brings up part two,

Since the successor is an alt of the leader, does the inactivity timer start over?

There is a serperation of two days between the leader and his alt. So...

Does it start fresh at 60 days of the leader being delinquent, or will it only be 2 days?

Or some other weird thing?

And I thank you for answering, I would boost your rep, but you disabled it, which I have considered as well, but never the less, thank you for your reply.
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Rangers Lead the Way

Quote Originally Posted by codeshaper
    Finally, a guild with an absent leader and/or successor should now be able to usurp leadership. Here’s how it will work: If the leader has been inactive for 35 days, the successor can usurp. After 10 more days (for a total of 45,) if there is no successor or if the successor hasn’t usurped, then an officer can usurp. If after an additional 10 days (for a total of 55) no officers have usurped, then a member can usurp. Remember that, as always, these times are based on character inactivity, not account inactivity. So if you’re a leader who’s been playing an alt for 34 days, you might want to play the leader again!
    Official info available via the search function.

I would boost your rep, but you disabled it, which I have considered as well, but never the less, thank you for your reply.
    You can still give rep, disabling it only disables the display of reputation points.

thats obviously not correct, as it has been more then 35 days already, its been 42.

Thank you for your effort in searching that out.

Oh and thanks for the tip on rep.
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Rangers Lead the Way

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    Official info available via the search function.
    You know if you plan to be a smart ass, be sure you are right

That was QUICKLY abandoned when people got rightfully upset about any member taking over. Update 11 changed it to any officer at 60 days IF there is no active successor, and members never can usurp.

Still waiting for someone with official knowledge to weigh in here.

The question stands; If the guild leader is absent 60 days, and his alt is the appointed successor, and has been absent 58 days, when it passes to the successor does the timer start over at 60 days or does it take into acount that the successor has also been absent and will count those absent days?
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Rangers Lead the Way

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

I think nobody can answer your question because nobody knows the answer...

Originally the system was set up the following way :
    - Guild leader is absent for 35 Days, Successor can usurp.
    - Guild leader is absent for 35 Days, Successor is absent for 45 Days, any officer can usurp.
    - Guild leader is absent for 35 Days, Successor is absent for 45 Days, No officer usurped in 10 more days, any member can usurp.

This system was not even put into live game as almost every guild leader and officer was against it as they found the time dela way way too short ( I was against it too, even if there's no problem in my guild )

My read of how the usurping system work is the following :

If your Guild leader is absent for 60 days, the Successor can usurp.
    If your Guild leader is absent for 60 days and the successor is absent for 60 more days any officer can usurp.
    Members cannot usurp, ever.

So if the guild leader and the successor are the same person, you have to wait 20 days before being able, as an officer, to usurp the guild leadership.

Again, this is how I read it, I can be wrong... You'll notice when you can usurp by the usurp button appearing in the guild UI if oyu are an officer.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Thank you, that is better then any answer then I have gotten thus far. I think you are right about know one knowing... lol amazing isnt it?
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Rangers Lead the Way

Ok, so time is up, we now get the message, "Your guild leader is delinquent, the successor may now usurp!". That is nice...

The Successor is delinquent too.

So just out of curiosity I asked a GM in game.

I got this really silly canned response like something read off a teleprompter, that not only did not answer the actual question, it basically said we would have to disband.

I am rather hoping the couple of answers that forum members provided here are correct, and that the in game GM was completely wrong. We have spent money on our guild and would rather not have to disband.

For those who did answer here, I thank you.

For the lack of real answers by turbine support on this question, I can only say thank you for nothing. You have not been any help at all.
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Rangers Lead the Way

Ok so here is how it ended up working.

At 60 Days the Leader was determined delingquent and the message popped that the Successor could take over.

Since the Successor was an alt of the leader and there were only four days different between the the times the two toons had logged on, four days after the Leaders Account was determined delinquent the officers got the option to usurp.

We did. The guild is functioning normally and all is well.

Was that so hard to say Turbine?
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Rangers Lead the Way

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

So it's 60 Days for Leader and 60 Days for successor from last login of each.

Which means that it can range from 60 days ( if leader and successor disappear the same day ) to 120 days if sucessor disappear the last day of the leader timer.

It's good to know.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Default It is good to know

This is good to know.
    In my guild up until last week I am the leader and the successor was an alt of mine.
    Well next Friday I am having surgery and just in case things go south I appointed the guild's 1st officer as successor.
    Just so our guild would not suffer from this. I was going to reload the lam client and check its been sometime,
    since I had been on there and i do not think they ever cleared it. So you saved me having to wait for the 4000+ updates to complete to check it out so thanks.
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen