Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Default Incorporeal or not incorporeal that is the question..

So in reading the description for the spell Web, it states that Incorporeal creatures are immune to web. When I go into shadowform my feet dont even touch the ground and I am incorporeal. Why then do I find myself getting caught in webs from time to time? Shouldnt I be immune when in shadowform?

ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Community Member

I think it is because you are only partially incorporeal. You are not 100% incorporeal right? Dont know exactly how that translates to game mechanics but think it makes some sense dont it?

Shadowform grants 25% incorp right?

...or it might be a bug.

I would say it's more like the various Pale Master shrouds: you don't become literally undead, you merely take on some (but not all) undead traits. Similarly, you don't become literally incorporeal with the Shadowdancer enhancement, you merely take on some incorporeal traits: specifically, Ghost Touch and 25% Incorp. miss chance (and arguably floating and stat damage).

Now, I don't believe for a second the developer specifically considered whether Web immunity should have been included. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't necessarily follow that Shadow Form should grant Web immunity.

I would also draw the parallel to Driders: they are half spider but are not immune to Web. You are half incorporeal, it's the other half that's getting webbed.

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    I would say it's more like the various Pale Master shrouds: you don't become literally undead, you merely take on some (but not all) undead traits. Similarly, you don't become literally incorporeal with the Shadowdancer enhancement, you merely take on some incorporeal traits: specifically, Ghost Touch and 25% Incorp. miss chance (and arguably floating and stat damage).

Now, I don't believe for a second the developer specifically considered whether Web immunity should have been included. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't necessarily follow that Shadow Form should grant Web immunity.

I would also draw the parallel to Driders: they are half spider but are not immune to Web. You are half incorporeal, it's the other half that's getting webbed.
    I can buy off on this...but figured Id at least bring it up see what others had to say.
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006