Exclamation New Explorer: Rares showing up without the event, chest remains locked

Anyone else notice this? It seems like 1/2 of all the chests I get remained locked because the event does not show up in the explorer log. If the event text does not show up, the chest will remain locked even after killing the rare.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

Community Member

Are you talking about the High Road?

I have not had this happen there.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

If you're talking about The High Road, the only rare that I've had the slightest trouble with is the Winter Werewolf, who you have to kill at night. There are a couple of bandits there at any time, but killing them is not enough, you have to wait for night for him to spawn. The two times I've killed him, I just happened to arrive in the morning, and it took sitting there afk for over an hour real time for the in-game time to progress to night when he would spawn.

Winter wolf is the one I see this on too. We sat around once...never did that again as it is a waste of time. Instead if it spawns at night and wolf is actually there good, otherwise ignore it as if it was a no spawn.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member

I have had this issue a few times with the render spawn, but only when I get multiple of him in a small area.

I've had this happen in the High Road with the wizard you need to protect from the spiders or wolves. Not really the same though. I had the rare event notice, the wizard was there, the encounter began (I think I killed to monsters) and then the wizard became non responsive and the chest remained locked.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

I've had issues with the reaver, but not the others.

Community Member

The summoners bugs sometimes, after you kill the last summon the one wizard still has his shield.

Chalk up another as having a borked render. He also kept sprinting away from the party during the battle, almost like the old wolfs trying to use a bow bug.