Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Default U16 named item drop rates?

Detour EE 8 runs (2 solo)=) 0 boots for me or for any member of groups (did pull an Orb though)
    Songs chest EE-ransacked 3 toons, 2 guildies also=1 wizard orb
    Full chain 4 seperate times EH=no named items pulled for me (did see 2 khopeshes,1 Gloves,1 bracers,1 caster shadow mail)

Has anyone narrowed an approximate drop rate %? Just curious...gotta get 3 sets of EE boots and go.
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

people that I have been running with, seem to have been pulling orbs (EE) from detour almost every run.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Have done the chain 4 times on EE, around 10 times on EH, and a lot of lose runs through many of the quests, full group for the majority of those runs, and have yet to see a named item drop.

benne^
    We're not here on a quest to rescue a man named Arlos, we're here to punish some Kobolds.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

The drop rates are fairly low, but nothing compared to the spell storing shard, so there is still hope!
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Community Member

It took 14 "speed runs" in the swamp to get my EH Whisperchain.

That is way better than the 65 completed runs, not counting "wisp in the wall" abort and recall runs to get my first epic Wall of Wood.
    The next epic Wall of Wood only took 4 runs, go freakin' figure.
    One of my guildies got that Wall of Wood 2 days in a row in like 7 runs total for 2 shields (he is hard to like sometimes...)

You just can't figure this stuff out - it is witchcraft as much as it is science.

Community Member

Duo'ed the first of the new Harper's chain a couple times with a Sorc (I playing my Bard) on EN and then again on EH several times both as a duo and with a couple more folks and in only one of those runs did the Boots not drop for at least one person (and on more than one occasion it dropped for both or several of us).

However, precisely zero Orbs dropped. Which is what the Sorc wanted, of course.

We didn't give EE a shot, but EN and even EH were pretty much cakewalks, even duo'ed.
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

IIRC there's a possible orb on the chain end rewards list...

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    IIRC there's a possible orb on the chain end rewards list...
    Yep .. but those are going to be ENorm (+108 spell power) version and not the +114 (EH) or +120! (EE) versions.
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by binnsr View Post
    Yep .. but those are going to be ENorm (+108 spell power) version and not the +114 (EH) or +120! (EE) versions.
    Thanks for the clarification, me know nothin' much 'bout orbs (yet)...

I haven't done enough of u16 to really guess at the drop rate, but quite a bit of farming u15 lead me to think the drop rate was around 5%. The similar system and what I've heard from other people makes me think u16 is probably about the same.

While I certainly don't think it's unfair to call a 5% drop rate "low," as other have mentioned it's still probably easier to farm one of these than any individual old epic item, and an order of magnitude or two easier to get than some. Not to mention being unbound till you equip them.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

From what I have observed from the 100's (not joking) of runs I have done of this chain, items seem to have a 3% drop rate. I have heard the number 3% from a few different sources as well, but again not 100% sure.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Cool so it looks like its not just me being unlucky then...I guess we will ahve to do the best we can with the drop rates...grind grind grind
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006