Default *Gameplay Tactics & Techniques*

*So I originally posted this in the New Player Advice section, but I believe it poses equal relevance in the Guides and Strategies Section just for all-around quest tactics/techniques whether you're playing solo, in a group, or the last man standing. And some veteran players may even find a couple techniques to be useful if they don't know about them already. Hope this helps some people

Click HERE for my video on DDO Gameplay Tactics & Techniques.

This video includes different "all-around" tactics that pretty much any character can utilize in game when looking for faster zerging, more efficient fighting, and handling multiple mobs on non-casting characters.

These tactics include:

"Oley" move
    Jump and Pull Technique
    Breaking LOS
    Creating Choke Points
    Kiting
    Use of Terrain
    Use of Traps against foes

Of course some of these are circumstancial, others will come with gameplay experience. Each of these are subject to interpretation and some may not be as beneficial to you as the next, either way, this is an informational video I've put together with just a few in-game techniques & tactics that I've learned to use over the years that may help some of you.

Hope you enjoy

+1, clearly shows some important basics, how to create a chocking point and how to kite/cast especially. Hope lots of new players will be seeing this.

nice vid. i also use the jump & pull technique. tho i didn't know there was a name for it lol - i've always just done it automatically.

and for the "oley" move, rather than simply getting out of the way, i prefer to jump over their back as soon as they start digging their feet in. their animation freezes for several seconds - they don't charge and you're in the perfect position for a sneak attack. works like a charm
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Arbiter of Life & Death | Brogburt - The Warlord | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Rubrik - The Grove Protector | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <Dwarven Weapons and Tactics>

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarrbrik View Post
    nice vid. i also use the jump & pull technique. tho i didn't know there was a name for it lol - i've always just done it automatically.

and for the "oley" move, rather than simply getting out of the way, i prefer to jump over their back as soon as they start digging their feet in. their animation freezes for several seconds - they don't charge and you're in the perfect position for a sneak attack. works like a charm
    Yes I just named it the "Jump and Pull" lol. And yes good idea as well for the oley.