Default One of the few fun bugs I've ever found.

Yep, that's me, with my pendant of time going in the Sands. I noticed I was running far faster than usual and thought to check my buff bar. Sadly, I wasn't in Exalted Angel or I would have found some fun ways to get into trouble. As it was, all I could really do was zoom around the Sands.

How to repro: I DC'd zoning into the sands from the Refuge, and upon immediately logging back in, my buffs from the public instance were still there. The specific kind of DCing came from tooning a few times and then trying to step into the Sands. You can also DC stepping into the Sands if you've entered and exited quests a whole lot in rapid succession.

I get the feeling this could be an interesting bug, depending on what else you can get to carry over from public instances....

Oh, and I seemed to still have some of this effect later in my play session. After finishing out of EN Wiz-king, I noticed I was still taking damage from an arcane skellie's firewall, and the damage didn't quit after a /death in a tavern. Restarting my client removed the effect, however.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Yeah , I had that bug happen a few years ago it was fun. But not long ago, I had an even cooler bug. An Exaulted angel bug, no clue how it happened but I know It started in the shroud. You know the Innate aura heal, If Player is below 50% and in range they get heal for X and it goes up. I had it stuck at 4 til I logged. It wasn't a lot of HP but a Cure Serious pot every 2 seconds can really help keep the healing costs down hehe.

A fun bug?

I guess we can expect some emergency downtime for a hotfix to fix just this on Thursday, now.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    A fun bug?

I guess we can expect some emergency downtime for a hotfix to fix just this on Thursday, now.
    Only if it is an EU bank holiday.

A fun bug?

They always fix fun bugs!
    Ministry of Destruction - Hagau, Bibimbap, Gamjatang, Osis, Shuumai, Baau - Thelanis
    http://themod.guildlaunch.com/

Well now you've done it. We're all gonna be jogging slower then the pallys of old with haste going after they fix this one.

lol logging into the sands will probably make sparks jutt from your PSU.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

not saying i dont believe you, but you must have been in a tavern or something after you used the Pendant? to the far right on your hot bar i see the Pendant with 1 clicky.

Default Also happens in dungeons

Not just slayer areas.

Always nice when it happens too. Not easy to duplicate.

You are correct, you have to DC or hang as you are going in to the slayer area or dungeon.

It is probably treated as an instance change when running around and the code is not bullet proof.

A fun bug?

I figure either way the players win right? If they don't fix it, they've proven that they don't prioritize beneficial bugs over detrimental ones. And if they do, the desert DC bug is finally gone! I mean, there's no way they would fix being able to use the Pendant of Time in private instances and NOT fix the actual problem letting us do that.......right? That would be, dare I say it, Chaotic Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    not saying i dont believe you, but you must have been in a tavern or something after you used the Pendant? to the far right on your hot bar i see the Pendant with 1 clicky.
    You are correct. I did a few quests in Eveningstar, then hung out in the tavern with my Pendant on while AFK for a bit before I ported to the ship and the Sands.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Community Member

Recently noticed a similar bug in into the deeps, where the water environment sometimes fails to apply to you. Needless to say, being able to run around and pwn sahuagin at full speed in revenge for all that water-slowed combat of ages past is...satisfying.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KongColeus View Post
    You are correct, you have to DC or hang as you are going in to the slayer area or dungeon.
    Not entirely accurate there, had it happen to me a couple months ago in 3BC. No dc, no extra long load time, just had the time warp speed bonus in the s/r/e environment. Lol fastest explorer completion ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    "All characters have multiple abilities when it comes to fighting that benefits the parties ability to complete a quest, how many are YOU using?"