A shot that makes you look twice..
Demonweb Ice Sun
Resting in the King's Forest
An Epic Victory
Sunset in Eveningstar
Spirit Binders Full of Women
Gargoyles Over Stormreach
A shot that makes you look twice..
Its mind over matter It doesn't matter, If I don't mind -- Always use LOADED dice.
Something like this ;-)
Cevon - Nature's Arrow (17 Dru/2 Mnk/1 Wiz HE AA), Shorlong - Pale Master (18 Wiz/2 Monk)
Gorgnak - Frenzied Barbarian, Krazig - Dark Knight Paladin
Xanapheia - Fighting Soul (18 FvS/2 Ftr), Addanc - Bearbarian Tank (12 Dru/6 Ftr/2 Brb)
Thelanis - Leader of The Dark Creed
What do you think makes a great screenshot?
A great screenshot is usually either a combination of great color contrasts or an unexpected/epic action shot
1. Contains a live person/creature. As a sentient being I am naturally attracted to that which I can most relate to – I want to put myself into the picture at that point or I want to relate to the being at that point. This immerses me more in the picture.
2. Tells a story. What has happened? What is about to happen? What is the mystery? Is there a puzzle to solve? Like a child my eyes are opened and imagining.
3. Colour and composition. Like all art works how do the colours, shapes, lines, shadows, definition, finishes, texture, highlights, washes, dimensioning, positioning all go together? Is it pleasing to me from an intellectual appreciation of satisfaction of how line/shape/colour/etc hang together? How does this make me feel?
4. Familiarity – I will warm to things I know and like or are pleasant: a cute bear form, a beautiful crystal from the Demonweb, people I know of being punched by a Titan
So hard to choose....
2- The screenshot should be good enough that, at the first glance, you stop for a second just to wow. Many screenshots of the Week dont repeat this wow factor on second views, but almost all of them have that on the first time. Keep it this way.
3- While sometimes I like vistas to remember us that DDO is a beautiful game, I think they should be used as breathers, and not the main event. Primarly, the screenshots should reinforce the action-paced game we have here.
4- If not going for #3, try an amusing view that not many people have seen before. Like a bunch of gnolls having lunch at Ritual Sacrifice, or the kobold kids on Reaver's Refuge.
Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma
I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.
Oh come on...... Eladrin's in-cap is surely the best one!
Only 1 vote though... Mine....
...but i had to give my vote to "Many Foreman" by Dinosaurs for its quirky and playful subject matter as well as interesting perspective/camera angle.
To answer your questions the things I look for in a good DDO screenshot are the following in order of importance:
1. Does it shed new light or capture an interesting perspective on a location that might be familiar but is rarely viewed this way?
2. Does it have good composition?
3. Is it sufficiently striking when displayed as a smaller DDO picture of the week to make people want to click on it and view it in full resolution.
4. Does communicate humor or whimsy.
5. Is it unlike everything else.
If the screenshot can make me laugh cry or go woah its a great screenshot to me :P
I good screen shot makes me wonder where you are or it makes me smile as I remember being there (hopefully with some good friends).
A good screen shot should have
Good lighting, it should be clear what's in it.
Focus, there should be a single point to the screeny and not just a bunch of garbage
Looks good, cool, spectacular, etc. No body likes a boring picture.
Warden of the White Council
It can be a pretty picture, when the light from the setting sun is hitting the river just right, or right when the monster is growling at you. Or a well timed picture like FOS's mid air titan punch!
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload