Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69
  1. #1
    Hero
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    not suffering fools gladly
    Posts
    3,577

    Default PSA: Raids are not the place to level epic destinies

    Raids are not the place to level epic destinies. The XP you get from a raid can be done in a fraction of the time in a House of Rusted Blades/Death Undone farm. Please be in a useful destiny when you raid on Orien.

    Thanks for your support.
    Last edited by Carpone; 11-25-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

    ~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

  2. #2
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    EE I'd agree (or EH CITW, or EN CITW in a PUG).

    But many of the raids on EH and especially EN are easier than Hard Shroud which obviously you don't need destinies for. (EN Chrono in particular is easier than Shroud Normal)
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  3. #3
    Community Member ~Quilny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    EE I'd agree (or EH CITW, or EN CITW in a PUG).

    But many of the raids on EH and especially EN are easier than Hard Shroud which obviously you don't need destinies for. (EN Chrono in particular is easier than Shroud Normal)

    just because it isnt needed for the less difficult settings doesnt mean they shouldnt be in main destiny. Main destiny= more dps which means less time in raid. by not being in mian destiny you make raid take longer and thus costign 11 other people time. its simply rude.

    If you want to level destinies in a riad you should ask raid leader. Leveling destinies is crazy in rusted blades house undeath and impossible demands.

    I do not care if someone joins my eh raids in a off destiny unless its CITW. However i see it happening all the time. Its shocking how fast raids can go in a raid full of good players in main destinies.

    I did a EHVON with OR last week and I was so used to pugs and getting traps for them I deffanitly slowed down the raid by not running to doors and picking the locks right away I was in the mentallity of I need to disarm traps. seemed like the whole raid i was running to door to door and picking locks and once I had one lock done I was needed on otherside of map for another one.

    I got all but 1 door picked liek 5 traps and no kills due to all i did was pick locks. even with me slowing raid down it was still a faster run than any pug I have ever been in. it was faster because They werent there to get trap bonus it went faster cuz they were in main destinies. it went faster cuz everyone in raid knew where to go and what to do withotu being told.

    it didnt go as fast as it could cuz i wasbeing dumb .
    massivheals / massivsponge - Orien server
    Member of Blood bath and Beyond
    Guild webpage-
    http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=3674790

  4. #4
    Community Member noinfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quilny View Post
    just because it isnt needed for the less difficult settings doesnt mean they shouldnt be in main destiny. Main destiny= more dps which means less time in raid. by not being in mian destiny you make raid take longer and thus costign 11 other people time. its simply rude.

    If you want to level destinies in a riad you should ask raid leader. Leveling destinies is crazy in rusted blades house undeath and impossible demands.

    I do not care if someone joins my eh raids in a off destiny unless its CITW. However i see it happening all the time. Its shocking how fast raids can go in a raid full of good players in main destinies.

    I did a EHVON with OR last week and I was so used to pugs and getting traps for them I deffanitly slowed down the raid by not running to doors and picking the locks right away I was in the mentallity of I need to disarm traps. seemed like the whole raid i was running to door to door and picking locks and once I had one lock done I was needed on otherside of map for another one.

    I got all but 1 door picked liek 5 traps and no kills due to all i did was pick locks. even with me slowing raid down it was still a faster run than any pug I have ever been in. it was faster because They werent there to get trap bonus it went faster cuz they were in main destinies. it went faster cuz everyone in raid knew where to go and what to do withotu being told.

    it didnt go as fast as it could cuz i wasbeing dumb .
    If you want people to be in their primary destiny in your raid, say so in your LFM. Yes you can run it faster in your primary on EH/EN etc but that is wasting their time by not leveling as they see fit. Not everyone wants to farm those same quests over and over. Your raid, your rules but if you want people to run their primaries only then let them know in the LFM.
    Milacias of Kyber

    Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Not on your server but whole-heartedly agree.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

  6. #6
    Community Member Saravis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Oh is that "PSA" phase back again?

    Here let me try,
    PSA: Play the game the way you want to and let others play the way they want to.

    Like Sirgog said, I can understand needing them for epic elite, but not for EH or less.
    We were completing these raids when they were tougher and we were weaker; before EH/EN and epic levels/destinies

  7. #7

    Default

    I agree that for EE and some EH raids, you should be in the destiny that helps the raid party the most (this may mean going into gmof if that helps your group more)

    If it is a normal raid, I expect people to be in a reasonable destiny if they are still desperate for XP. That means not going into a destiny that does not provide some benefit to their damage output. And quite frankly, I'm not going to worry which destiny the choose. If they choose a really dumb choice, that will help me the next time they want to join my raid, as I can pick someone else.

    In the end it is about respect... I expect my team mates to make the quest as smooth as possible. In the case of pug raiding, the ability of pugs to LISTEN is 100 times more important than which destiny they are in.

    Shalera
    Shalera Dagen - Triple Completionist life 40 (+ ??? epic) - it is too hard to keep track of the epic lives...

  8. #8
    Community Member Deathdefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    By the logic in the OP, isn't it just as rude to the other 5 players in a pug to be in an off-destiny for any EH or easier content?

    For EH Von 5 - which people only really run for the incidental xp no? - it makes a ton of sense to be in an off-destiny.

    I'd also suggest the day and night difference between a random pug and an OR guild run is attributable to more than destiny selection of the participants.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    679

    Default

    The only raid that I kind of understand why people would want to be in a leveling destiny is VoN, if both raid and preraid are on EN or EH. Yet, this doesnt change the fact that even with this massive xp from VoN 5 xp/min factor is worse than in one of those epic xp farming quests.

  10. #10
    Community Member noinfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    The only raid that I kind of understand why people would want to be in a leveling destiny is VoN, if both raid and preraid are on EN or EH. Yet, this doesnt change the fact that even with this massive xp from VoN 5 xp/min factor is worse than in one of those epic xp farming quests.
    Not everyone wants to farm the same quests over and over and over again. They want to actually play their toons and do other stuff. Don't get me wrong I am happy to do an xp farm, but there is no way I would ever use that as the sole method of leveling destinies.
    Milacias of Kyber

    Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

  11. #11
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    If you are talking about EE then I can see your point. A level 25 barbarian with an esos and level 4 legendary dreadnaught is gimp compared to a lvl 25 barb with an esos and lvl 5 fury of the wild... amirite?

    /sarcasm

    Can we stop pretending this game is hard. Please.

  12. #12
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Can we stop pretending this game is hard. Please.
    Heh, pure awesome... New sig I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  13. #13
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Blame Turbine for the system, not the players.

    And why should everyone spend all that time grinding one pointless quest just because you like doing that? Ever since the Shroud I've been getting the last level or two mostly by raiding what I want to raid and I see no reason why epic should be any different.

    You might have a point on EE, but otherwise... too bad so sad for you...

  14. #14
    The Hatchery karsion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    If you are talking about EE then I can see your point. A level 25 barbarian with an esos and level 4 legendary dreadnaught is gimp compared to a lvl 25 barb with an esos and lvl 5 fury of the wild... amirite?

    /sarcasm

    Can we stop pretending this game is hard. Please.
    And of course that barb with esos is as powerful in level 5 Magister. Nice trolling.

    That being said I agree with Op when it comes to EE or EH for CitW, for the rest of the content it's not important.

  15. #15
    Community Member arminius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,949

    Default

    It takes 3 million xp to cap to 25 and 1.9 million to cap your primary destiny. That means for 1.1 million of the standard run up to 25 a person will be on a non-optimal destiny no matter what. I think if they raid in that period it's what we old timers call "playing the game" and I can't find it in my heart to fault them.

    Overall, excepting the above caveat, I agree with your point and do also agree after one has one's main xp capped it is best to just stay on the farming train until you're done, if no other reason than one probably has xp pots going which are relatively wasted in raids as opposed to farms.
    __________________
    Gwyneira : Cattari : Gorobei : Berylore : Zelphia : Aanouk : Beatriice : RobotMaria : Dalrymple : Nihill
    Captain's Crew : Fernia : Ghallanda

  16. #16
    Community Member count_spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    925

    Default

    I can assure you that i will not be in a prime destiny in any quest on eh or lower if my destinies are not in tact. Eh and lower are so gravy it doesnt matter. EE i wouldnt even think it or citw on any diff.

  17. #17
    Community Member susiedupfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Sorry, but if you want me in my "best" ED when joining your raid, you better put it in your LFM. Then I will think twice about joining your raid if it is not EE. This is because most competent groups can achieve a completion without it on EN, or EH for all raids except CitW.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

  18. #18
    The Hatchery MRMechMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    The difference between a group of raiders in their off destinies and their primary destinies for a typical EN/EH raid is probably about 5-10minutes.

    At most.

    If you are running EE, I can understand. But otherwise, um, no. Even if you can get faster xp/min in some random quest that you could run 50x during the time of the raid...xp is xp. It is still letting it go to waste doing ehard von/chrono/lob in your primary.

  19. #19
    The Hatchery
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Can we stop pretending this game is hard. Please.
    This.

    Quote Originally Posted by karsion View Post
    Nice trolling.
    That's not trolling.

    Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    Sorry, but if you want me in my "best" ED when joining your raid, you better put it in your LFM. Then I will think twice about joining your raid if it is not EE. This is because most competent groups can achieve a completion without it on EN, or EH for all raids except CitW.
    And this. It's up to the raid leader to tell people what they expect from their party members, and frankly the game is easy on most non-Epic Elite content. Please stop making PSA's about raid etiquette, the people who need reminding likely do not lurk the forums anyway; you can't just make a forum thread and expect the supposed problem to be fixed overnight.

    If you want your party members to be in their best destiny, say so.

  20. #20
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,928

    Default

    You play how you want and let others do them

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload