Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Crippling Lag Today?

Anyone else getting crippling lag to the point where you cannot even move for periods of up to 5 minutes or longer? Chat channels extremely delayed and I am jumping around all over the place making questing impossible.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

Khyber here - same issue.

Quest locked up for about 15 minutes. Couldn't recall or logout. Ended up closing the client, and am staring at a 5 minute loading screen on my way to the character select screen.

I originally assumed it was just Spectral Dragon time, but if it is affecting multiple servers at the same time, that seems unlikely!

Quote Originally Posted by Brennie View Post
    Khyber here - same issue.

Quest locked up for about 15 minutes. Couldn't recall or logout. Ended up closing the client, and am staring at a 5 minute loading screen on my way to the character select screen.

I originally assumed it was just Spectral Dragon time, but if it is affecting multiple servers at the same time, that seems unlikely!
    EXACT same thing is happening to me right now. Could not move, was 2/3 of the way done soloing EE detour when this started (sucks now I have to start over) - then I locked up could not move or logout - restarted and now stuck on loading bar.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

happened to me last night. raid group en route to HoX. locked up for a good 10 min or so.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

I played for ~1 hour earlier today and had no problems, however then I jumped to house J to buy some spell comps and froze for probably 3-4 minutes. After unfreezing I made it to my guild ship and logged out..not sure if it has gotten worse than that, for everyone's sake I hope not

Yes, Thelanis - once around 4, once around 5 CST.

Edit: Corrected.
    Last edited by fco-karatekid; 11-25-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Well I'm not crazy.. server just crashed.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I know what we will see tomorrow; Maintenence. I am sure the remaining worlds will go down before Sarlona comes back up.

Yessir. Orien saw the same giant freeze at around 6:45PM.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

moved east beside the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..

It was bad last night, at times.

I found a lil while ago it was returning as suddenly my casts just were'nt happening,
    so I paused for supper.
    Did not want to start a quest with it like that,
    glad I did, as I see it would have crashed midway.

Me thinks when the spectral doors open, we go *poof freeze city.
    Mystic Mountain DragonRiders
    pushing cart along marketplace shouting; " Fling out yer dead.. "

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidBear View Post
    It was bad last night, at times.

I found a lil while ago it was returning as suddenly my casts just were'nt happening,
    so I paused for supper.
    Did not want to start a quest with it like that,
    glad I did, as I see it would have crashed midway.

Me thinks when the spectral doors open, we go *poof freeze city.
    The two times I saw it on Thelanis yesterday were (respectively) about an hour before the doors opened and about 15 minutes after they opened; if that helps.

Community Member

yup, had a lot of "fun" healing my epic hard caught in the web with these lags.... 5min or more for last leg but it was fine after

Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

Haven't had any lag lately, until today.

Been having small delays all day on everything(0.5-1sec), making it quite annoying to play.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Last week and last night --- > LAG.

And since the new update my View point gets insta-Shifted to looking at the ground every15-20 seconds.

Way too annoying to play.

"Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

moved east beside the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    And since the new update my View point gets insta-Shifted to looking at the ground every15-20 seconds.

yes, have had this happening too..
    Mystic Mountain DragonRiders
    pushing cart along marketplace shouting; " Fling out yer dead.. "

Unplayable right now. I get the feeling the team is just trying to duct-tape the server together until the end of Mabar (tomorrow morning?) to spare the embarrassment of taking it down early again.

I was stuttering, 5 minutes on loads, and constantly losing connection to the chat server about 30 times in 2 minutes. I only showed a reconnection twice too, so I'm not sure why I kept losing the connection I didn't have in the first place.

I smell another crash coming.
    Sadcat // Funn // Algorithm // others
    The Order of Cygnus - Sarlona

Last night (11-26) we had huge lag on Khyber trying to do Caught in the Web. Over and over, any time we had more than about 10 monsters on the screen, the game would almost freeze up (unable to cast, moving straight forward results in jerks forwards, backwards and sideways, etc), several people would die, then as people slowly eliminated the monsters we could move again and recover.

The night before that, my wife had a Tower of Despair run fail because of lag. They lost half the party against the Judge & Jailer but slowly completed it (she died to 1022 lava damage on hard), then wiped on Nytherios when heals just could not be cast.

This is just the two most recent occurrences; it's been going on like this for days.

As always seems to be the case, your mileage may vary. Wife and I played last night on Sarlona for 3 or 4 hours (7ish to 11ish EST) and had no lag issues to report. Ran a Dragon (was in the EPIC instance) without much trouble around 10ish or so.

Then spent another hour or so checking inventory and existing items on boat loads of characters to see about using up motes etc to upgrade Mabar gear last night, since things seemed to be going pretty well server wise.

I've seen lag on a handful of occasions, and when it happens, it can suck big time.

Cable Modem link and in the same state as the servers (best as I can tell.)
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

It's back...

Sarlo just went FUBAR again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast