Question Just hit 20... What now?!

Sup ladies & gents!

I capped my 7th toon, but every time I hit 20 on a toon it’s like I fall in this big black hole & one big question rises: ‘What Now?’

Even though I know there’s plenty of ‘work’ out there with all the epic content but I just wouldn’t know where to start. Does anyone have like a ‘plan’ or scedule what to run after 20?

Cheers!
    Server: Ghallanda
    Icecoldy - Powerboy - Djezus - Gymz - Painkillaz - Bullldozer - Crytmachine - Hytz - Xtreem - Byceps - Mydget -Powersurger - Pixsumlox - Musix

Smile Start with the easy stuff and work your way up.

I'd start out by doing the house P, house D, and Redfens epics. Start building up your epic destinies. Also, the Von series is a good starting point. Get some apropriate gear for your toons before starting if you dont have already. Greensteel is what I started out with, But now they have some pretty good drops in chests when running high level content. I would also goto Eveningstar and start the Purple dragon Knights Chain. And remember, there are 3 difficulties you can run epics on, so you may want to try normal at first and work your way through a couple quests to get a feel for it.
    Good luck and have some fun out there.

Brixlynn / Darkwin (SPC)
    Last edited by Mofus; 11-25-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Well with the statistical odds off getting an ace for 21 you most likely busted and if you're sitting at third base you ****ed off the rest of the table too.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Community Member

Well, you can always TR.

If you don't want to TR, there are three main objectives beyond level 20:

A. Level up to 25.
    B. Get the best gear to become überer.
    C. Gain epic destinies to become even more überer.

The manner in which you reach these goals depends largely on whether you're a casual player or an ebil powergamer and how much time you have to play.

1. Casual: Pick a character you want to develop and have a look at epic destinies either in game (hit Ctrl+E) or at http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies. Decide which one you want to level, there are some obvious choices for ordinary builds like Fighter = Legenedary Dreadnought, Rogue = Shadowdancer etc. Also look at the neighbouring destinies to see if you want to twist in any of their low-tier abilities. Then just proceed to leisurely level up doing your favourite quests (if you have no favourites, just hit P, sort them by level and go through level 21+ quests). You don't need to worry too much about what quests you do as long as you don't repeat them too much. On your way to level 25 you'll cap your main destiny and you can level some of the neighbouring ones to get the abilities you want to twist in.
    Equipment wise, focus on the Eveningstar commendation turn-ins and chest drops, some of which are quite powerful considering how easy to get they are.

2. Ebil powergamer: Pick a character you want to develop and have a look at epic destinies either in game (hit Ctrl+E) or at http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies. Decide which one will make you über and also explore all the other ones to see what stuff you want to twist in to become even überer and how many fate points you'll need. Then try to level to 25 relatively fast, either using a wide variety of quests and taking advantage of first time bonuses, or grind a few selected quests that you know you won't want to do later - the XP penalty for repeating quests will stop increasing each run once you cap and you don't want to accumulate too many repetitions in good XP/min quests before you start grinding epic destinies and fate points at cap.
    Equipment wise, figure out what gear will benefit your build best and grind the raids or quests where it drops until you get it. If you don't know what gear to go for, find a build similar to yours on the forums and see what items the build's author recommends. When you acquire all the gear you want, be content for a while, then get ****ed off when they release the next update with new loot that makes your current loot obsolete. Start farming the new, better loot. Repeat with each update.

And don't forget to have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Dragontouched armour from Reaver's Refuge? Pain to get but great armour if you build it right.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mofus View Post
    I'd start out by doing the house P, house D, and Redfens epics. Start building up your epic destinies. Also, the Von series is a good starting point. Get some apropriate gear for your toons before starting if you dont have already. Greensteel is what I started out with, But now they have some pretty good drops in chests when running high level content. I would also goto Eveningstar and start the Purple dragon Knights Chain. And remember, there are 3 difficulties you can run epics on, so you may want to try normal at first and work your way through a couple quests to get a feel for it.
    Good luck and have some fun out there.

Brixlynn / Darkwin (SPC)
    great advice, this is what i have done, i had one toon who needed to just tr, so run the snitch, von and time is money (house c challenge) for fast tokens for your heart, good luck and hope this helps
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

lvl 21.....

house P carnival and VON epics are rather easy with some decent equipment so i would start with them, have a link http://ddowiki.com/page/Named_epic_items just take a look at what you like and start running that chain

then moving onto eveningstar you have the flagging chain, the kings forest, sschindlryn and demon web for a total of 16 not including ones off the main chain. once you get all them done you should be a fair way into your first destiny.
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Default Yes Here is what to do

Delete your toon and start your own religion

Community Member

Thumbs up Go out to the Kings Forrest

NO really. Its a nice (big) area with a lot of easy xp and you can do a lot of side explorers and (mini?) quests. I found it a lot of fun and a nice change fromt he usual grind, grind, ding.