Community Member

Default What quests do you have a 2box opener for?

Was wondering what quests the efficient TR'ers have 2box openers for to speed things up?

Tangleroot runs to the gate (there is 2 of them though i think) springs to mind, part 4 of deleras
    The final crypt quests in necro (although you can simply switch toon to an opener,what i currently do)
    I also heard there was a good one people do in sorrowdusk but never been in a party that farmed so dont know which part that is.

Would you be so kind to list the quests you have an opener for (particularily mid chain ones) so I have an idea how to set up a toon on 2box, packs to buy, how many parts of chain i need to complete

thanks very much

Shadow crypt is basically all you need.

Tangle root isn't needed, just run the quests for bravery until you get to the farming part. It's good XP.

Sorrowdusk isn't really worth the run out. It's only decent, but there are too many great quests around that level.

Perhaps an opener for STK part 3, but low levels go by fast so again, it may not even be worth it.

All 3 crypts

Deleras part 2 and 4

Co6 part 4 and 6 (tho these are not used very often)
    Some people are like Slinkies
    They don't really have a purpose
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down the stairs

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I just have one character with shadow crypt, haven't bothered with anything else.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

What about elite opening? Im thinking of droping vip sub so maybe i should get a 2box that has alot of stuff on elite or do ppl tend to manage finding an elite opener?

Finding an elite opener is pretty easy, a lot of characters are 36pt builds these days. If you go on elite BB streaks then you're almost guaranteed to have at least 1 36pt build character.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

None, since afaik this is a violation of Turbine's ToS/CoC.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    it is not.

infact, cordovan has even gone so far as to congratulate zonix for soloing his guild to level 100, 6boxing with multiple accounts.

I use my opener for

stealthy repossession
    bloody crypt
    shadow crypt
    cursed crypt
    ghost of a chance
    stk 3
    delara 4
    co6 part 1
    claw of vulkoor
    fathom the depths.
    blockade buster
    all necro iv quests
    gh flagging quests
    reavers refuge
    sane assylum
    mind sunder
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 11-26-2012 at 12:39 PM.

There is such a ridiculous amount of xp in L8 and 9 quests, I don't do a huge amount of repetition of shadow crypt anymore. Nowadays I just do the whole series on E, H, N and then maybe an extra run or two of shadow knight and SC. It's still worth repeating, I just prefer moving on to elite streaking other quests just for the sake of variety. Repeating SC is probably still the fastest from an xp/min perspective though.

Anyway, if you're just doing it for TR purposes, SC is the only one I would bother with having an opener.

Possibly delera's 2 and 4 also especially if you are running with 1 or 2 other TRs to speed things up.

Bloody crypt, I wouldn't bother unless you are sure you will be in a group, grouping with a few people basically multiplies your xp/min in that quest by 3 or 4 if you split up. Solo, it is only decent xp/min as it takes quite a while to finish alone.

Co6, I wouldn't bother, I still elite streak the whole chain because I like the quests and most of them are good xp/min elite streaking, but I don't repeat any of them anymore. Really, you could skip the whole Co6 chain and do other L8/9 quests instead though, I just do Co6 because I like it.

Cursed Crypt, probably worth it, but I hate the prequests so much that I doubt I will ever bother to make an opener. I do Blighted E, H, N and that's all I do from necro III. On the other hand, it would be really nice to have an opener so I would never have to do the prequests again...I'm probably too lazy to ever do it though and there is a lot of xp from other L12 quests anyway, I haven't done Cursed Crypt in at least a year.

Community Member

Many thanks, especially the last 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Multi-boxing is allowed as long as you control the characters. I was running 4 accounts on 1 pc a while back.

T.
    Last edited by THAC0; 11-28-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo...

Have an opener for all three Crypt quests; Bloody, Shadow & Cursed. I have 2-box characters (Casters) at appropriate levels to make running these quests easier. I even have a level 4, 3 wiz/1 barb with sprint boost for quick Stealthy Repo runs.
    Last edited by Vengenance; 11-28-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Charater Names: Jeryle, Jerforged, Gerforged, Raybur, Rayber, Raibur, Marreth, Merreth
    Classes Played: Thief Acrobat, Ftr, Barbarian, Cleric, FVS, Caster, Bard, & Monk
    Member of Synergia