Community Member

Default Purchasing advertized MotU expansion for pre-existing account?

Greetings, all. I've been playing DDO F2P for a few months now and have been considering buying something small, primarily for the Premium status. Yesterday, I saw an ad in the game loader for 75% off the MotU expansion (, and, looking over the Standard version, it seems like an outstanding deal in addition to getting Premium status.

Here's my problem: When going through the checkout process, I am prompted to create a new account. Is there any way to purchase this for the account I've been using for months, or will I have to restart to take advantage of this deal?

Thanks in advance.

If you are doing this in game disregard...

You are not creating a new are getting sent a code that you then have to go to my account and activate under your account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post

I seem to remember something about creating a new account when i was checking out too. I think you may be creating an account with digital river to make the payment. I just used an easy to remember name and password for this. Once you complete that you are sent a code which you then activate on whatever actual ddo account you want it on.

I just did this while purchasing the massive deal on MotU. You're creating an account with the DDO Market, which is seperate from both the forum accounts, and your game account.

Once you've completed the purchase, your sale screen should show a code which you then have to log into your game account to apply. As long as you make sure to apply the code to the proper GAME account, you should be fine.
    What might we accomplish, if we never feared defeat?