Default Solo EE Offering of Blood, 15 min, No pots.

I failed a month ago on a slightly different build. I came back, finished it in 15 minutes without pots. The winning factors are simple: you must kill fast and you must keep moving. This quest is designed for zerging, and that's where my build shines.
    It's one of those rare occasions where the Epic robe of dissonance is golden, and where you need quick fingers, the sonic damage dealt by the scorpions at the end is insane.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

gratz sith!, we all miss you over at khyber!

-wujoh
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

Very nice.

Which build overall do you find better, the GMF monk splash or the LD fighter splash?

I did the GMF monk splash build on my FVS, well my version of it anyway and I found on EE I didnt have enough defense to keep up with the damage when fighting melee in mobs of more than three.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Very nice.

Which build overall do you find better, the GMF monk splash or the LD fighter splash?

I did the GMF monk splash build on my FVS, well my version of it anyway and I found on EE I didnt have enough defense to keep up with the damage when fighting melee in mobs of more than three.
    The GMF monk splash has better saves, all in mid 40's and will in low 50's. It also has a lot more options than the LD. You can CC (cometfall, Stunning fist, Drifting lotus, symbol of stunning), nuke (firestorm/flame strike), kite (BB), and more importantly instakill soft targets with low SR (Implosion, situationally use necro spells and EIN).

A little note on the stunning fist: you can stun twice as often with that build and it is a lot more reliable than stunning blow (plus you lose a valuable item slot for it on the LD fighter splash). Showed 66 SF DC but I'm not really sure it is that high.

From a self sufficiency and ability to react to any situation, the GMF monk is a lot better. But.. EIN just gets boring as it takes away a lot of the challenge.
    However, the DPS of the LD fighter splash is insane, he has a TON of AOE damage, the ability to do some minor CC with Lay Waste (not as good as Fury CC but still decent), and there's but one way to play it: Blitz through the entire quest and keep it at 10 charges. The Blitz is very zerger friendly and works pretty well while soloing.

For the GMF, I had no trouble fighting more than 3 mobs at a time. First, I have displace on myself at all times (many clickies), then this combo works well : Symbol of stunning, Drifting lotus, Stunning Fist, Cometfall, stunning fist, and so on. And stunned mobs are dealt with really fast with dual boosts going on.

While the LD fighter splash doesn't have evasion and not-so-great-saves, it's got some PRR potential (usually around 20% dmge mitigation with heavy armor).

All in all, the LD fighter is a really simple build to play, works really well with zerging and soloing, can get some decent damage mitigation through PRR but also through displacement clickies, and has very high DPS. The GMF has evasion, high saves, and most importantly can react to any situation as it has CC, nuking, kiting and instakilling options.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Community Member

gz sith, rock on

/heals

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Nice Sith
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    The GMF monk splash has better. Showed 66 SF DC but I'm not really sure it is that high.

For the GMF, I had no trouble fighting more than 3 mobs at a time. First, I have displace on myself at all times
    I also was perma displaced while melee on similar build but found it wasnt enough. Was thinking about trying to get dodge to 20% and using a ghostly item for incorperal miss chance! not sure if the dodge is possible without gimping other aspects of the build though.

What I did like about it was I still had awesome casting DC's, in fact DC's all round were good. My stunning fist DC showed 74 and EIN 68. Spell pen was an issue but I crafted alchemical wraps with 3rd tier earth mystical which helped a bit.

What I found was on EE I was basicly playing the toon as a caster and not doing much melee so in the end I LR'd back to pure FVS evoker. Not given up on the build yet as I saw the potential for an extremely powerful toon but am now searching for a way to make it all work.

Grats nice run.
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.