Default Official petition: Offer real customer support and stop beta testing on live servers

I've made a petition addressing the lack of customer support and bug-ridden updates that seem to have become the status quo. I realize that this will likely not change anything, but perhaps if Turbine sees a united front in response to their lack of respect for their paying customers, someone higher up will move to improve the situation. I post on these forums because I enjoy the game, and I spent the time to write this up because I care about the direction it is heading. Please read the petition and sign if you agree. Thanks.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ddo_u16_petition/

P.S., there is an option to sign anonymously if you don't want to give out your information.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I've made a petition addressing the lack of customer support and bug-ridden updates that seem to have become the status quo.
    Many of the complaints in these forums about a lack of customer support are from people who are not subscribed and have not made a purchase recently, so their account is not entitled to any support.

Sadly, I think the problems within Turbine have become far too institutionalized and habitual for anything to overcome. The problems have lingered for too long, and are likely going to remain - as it would require a sea change within Turbine in order to correct them.

It's slowly crept in, taken years to entrench itself, but it's my honest belief that the rather ugly status quo within Turbine is now a permanent fixture. We players can gnash our teeth, we can fume, we can make all sorts of gestures of frustration ranging from petitions to cancelling our VIPs and refusing to spend another dime on DDO... but I don't think it's going to make a lick of difference anymore.

***edit*
    I signed it, none the less. What's one more windmill?
    Last edited by Memnir; 11-24-2012 at 01:18 AM.

How is it official if it's not run by Turbine?

Many of the complaints in these forums about a lack of customer support are from people who are not subscribed and have not made a purchase recently, so their account is not entitled to any support.
    True. Also many of the complaints about GM's closing tickets are players expecting GM's to fix bugs. GM's cannot fix bugs, they are not programmers.

Default Really

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    Really Really ..........cause I waited 20 min yesterday for a GM to unstuck me from inside a wall (having used my /stuck command already for the day when stuck in a boulder) and am current stuck between two blocks in ADQ (having used my / stuck command already for the day when I got stuck in a wall earlier).

I am VIP where is my customer service ..............................

If you ask me all the people moaning about the slack GMs caused them all to be fired in the last round of redundancies and now there is no one left.

Default Another 20 min and another no response

I hope the GMs are telling the developers that there code is **** and are really handing it out to QA about their poor performance.

I really feel for the front line people who wear the frustrations of the players yet have nothing to do with creating the issue

The issue with getting stuck all the time was not acceptable to release to live no matter what you say Maj.
    Last edited by LightInDark; 11-24-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Community Member

Default entitlement

Although i dont think a petition will make a difference (only money talks), the idea that ftp people arent entitled to customer support is funny, why? Read the tos, noone is entitled to customer support, lol, were paying for whatever they happen to give us contractually.

Now of course NOT giving decent customer support is an incrediby poor business decision, to vip or ftp, because ****ing off your paying customers is a bad idea, and ****ing off potential customers is even worse.

There is another option than effective support to keep people happy, thats a mostly bug free game, lol.

Dont see that happening anytime soon.

Just an observation, you might want to change your thread title so it doesn't get closed, I'm not sure if we are still allowed to use the term 'official' or not, if its not from Turbine.

I did sign this and comment.

Thanks for taking the time to put it together. I hope to see more signatures and a response forthcoming.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Do you have any substantial, factual information to support this claim?
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

VIP since 2006-
    Filed a ticket for missing mob which was keeping us from completing quest weds night--3 hrs later a GM contacted me--I had forgotten even putting the help ticket in, and was liek, "what is this funny green text?"

With this experience, today when the same thing happened, only with a missing boss, we just recalled and didn't get the last chest or xp.

*in the first case after using auras and AOEs for 15 mins we finally found the mob. In the second case we never found the boss.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Servers already gone live? I thought we are playing on beta servers with lammania being an alpha server.

Community Member

Sure, I'll sign. It's not overtly hostile, or asking for anything outrageous.

Everything gets judged and ranked. Businesses can and do get away with a lot, and while we do agree and sign away certain rights when we click on the Terms and Conditions, we still are the main providers of their income. A petition is just the kind of voice we can have, aside from bug reports and forum discussion.

If enough people join their concerns in numbers with something like this, that can get attention. Any businesses dealing with customers and cash can get a audit and check in if big enough news catches wind.

I am willing to put up with a lot. But basic quality in some areas should not really slack so much for so long, especially when similar games offer polished design (though nowhere near as fun or unique as DDO)

I love this game. I'd love for quality and over all polished appearance with few bugs to become the normal. It's possible. Just because it's been so and so or such a way for so long does not mean things cannot change, and change in a peaceful manner without mud slinging.

As for the GM responses, while I appreciate being contacted by one I can vouch for what many say....

GM's take far too long to respond, only to normally have to say, for whatever reason "restart the quest" something we normally do anyway without putting in a ticket to wait a long time. I don't blame them for not having the tools, or the long wait, lots of factors beyond their control could make it rather difficult.

But I'm VIP, and I kid not, a GM got back to me hours after the fact so it makes no difference. No more than two hours, and it was very late, I didn't really expect a response at all. But still. I appreciate the response, but not everyone has the patience. I've been lucky enough to play bug free and not need a GM for the last two days. But not everyone is fortunate enough to slide by without bugs and can unfairly get hit every few quests.
    Last edited by coldblade000; 11-24-2012 at 05:06 AM.