Community Member TheHolyDarkness's Avatar

Default Does Great Dexterity count towards the feat pre-req of Combat Archery?

I'm a bit at a lost on what to do with my old level 20 articifer as far as choosing new feats. She already has everything she wanted.

Naturally, I guess I'll get combat archery. Problem is it requires a natural dex of 21.

My dex:

16 Base + 3 Inherent. Could take +1 at level 24 = 20 Dex.

So I still fall short, causing me to be at a lost on what feats to shoot for. I don't see combat archery happening unless I either got a +4 dex tome...or...hmm...wait I minute.

I wonder if Great Dexterity counts as inherent, enabling me to take combat archery at level 24. Anyone out there know?

~Out~
    "A man can remake the entire world, if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyDarkness View Post
    I wonder if Great Dexterity counts as inherent, enabling me to take combat archery at level 24. Anyone out there know?
    Since it is a feat and can be swapped out, I doubt that it would count, but I don't know for sure. On the bright side, combat archery is currently broken and only applies the 2 dodge bonus.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Since it is a feat and can be swapped out, I doubt that it would count, but I don't know for sure. On the bright side, combat archery is currently broken and only applies the 2 dodge bonus.
    Fred won't let you swap out one feat that is a prerequisite for another feat that you already have. So if you could take Great Dexterity at level 21, you should be able to take Combat Archery at 24.

Community Member

But does it count as inherent is the question...

I wish I knew a definitive answer for you. Since it is a feat being used as a prerequisite for another feat, it should work. Enhancements would not, and neither would a bonus from an Epic Destiny, but a feat should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    I wish I knew a definitive answer for you. Since it is a feat being used as a prerequisite for another feat, it should work. Enhancements would not, and neither would a bonus from an Epic Destiny, but a feat should work.
    This. It SHOULD work, but I can't say for certain whether that is the reality of it.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Do we have any confirmation that the completionist feat acts as a stat prereq for other feats? That would basically be the same situation and could provide a precedent for whether or not the great ability feats work as well.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Community Member

Have you already used the free lesser reincarn on the arti? If not just up the dex to 17 (and put in one levelup point) or 18 and let your +3 tome do the rest.