Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Cyron View Post
    What's the difference between being helpful and being an elitist?
    I was having a conversation with my dog about this tonight. I asked him about the concept of conceptual continuity. Well he told me right there, it should be easy to see, the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Y'know, I've gotta say... I'd love to get kicked from a party based solely on my HP. Chances are, they're doing me a favor because I wouldn't have enjoyed that kind of elitist ******baggery in the group anyway, and I bloody well *know* that they'd be zerging.

HP isn't the be-all and end-all to survivability. Yes, it's nice, but I'd rather have a more well-rounded character than one who specced for HP because "big numbers look good" and totally gimped other aspects. I've seen fighters with twice as much HP as my tempest ranger die three times more often, even though I'm in the middle of things just as much as they are... because they built for the high HP and were constantly being held or tripped while my more-well-rounded ranger, with moderate saves, was able to resist the holds and evade the trips.

(Granted, I've also had my gimpy hagglebard crafterbot, who's pretty much DESIGNED gimp, die more often than Heystack 'cause she's squishier than an overripe tomato... but i tend not to take her into elites.)
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

I stopped complaining on other ppls HP when I met lvl20 290HP cleric, who outlived 2 other 600+ hP clerics in elite Shroud. He was the one who did the most healing, through blades and all.

Having low HP doesn't make a toon squishy.

I do check outer ppl HP and ask if they are confident with it. Eventhough it might take longer I never kick anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Onetunge View Post

Well.....I can see low HP being made up by great playing to an extent........but there are certain places where low HP's is going to make it really hard for you to survive....no matter how good you are.

I wouldn't kick people over HP either....but I have certainly had people leave when I let someone with low HP join and stay.

A lot of players with high HP get reckless and careless........a good player with low or moderate HP pretty much has to stay on top of things if they want to survive.
    Last edited by vVvAiaynAvVv; 12-10-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Scratt for president!!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onetunge View Post
    I stopped complaining on other ppls HP when I met lvl20 290HP cleric, who outlived 2 other 600+ hP clerics in elite Shroud. He was the one who did the most healing, through blades and all.

I do check outer ppl HP and ask if they are confident with it. Eventhough it might take longer I never kick anybody.
    Woot!

Amaizing!

Respect.

Pyreal af Templar

Lord Cyron, did you state your opinion that the character did not need to reroll, and that he/she would be just fine with a couple feat/enhancement tweaks and some upgraded gear? Or did you just sit back and let the elitists tear the poor newbie apart?

Default Being Helpful *is* Elitist

Let people figure it out on their own or through the ridicule of others.

Being helpful hurts the gene pool in the long run.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Cyron View Post
    What's the difference between being helpful and being an elitist?
    Drunken state of self awareness combined with pride.
    Pyreal af Templar

Community Member

Anytime I am asked for build advice(help) I first ask myself if I know anything about that class or build.If not I will refer them to someone who does or direct them to wiki.If I do know something then I follow up with questions about their play style and what exactly do they expect to get out of said toon.So all in all I say,find somebody who has done what you want to do and has done it successfully,but don't just randomly ask the entire community what you should do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123