Community Member

Default Drow Rogue build?

I want to create a drow rogue that can put out decent dps while simultaneously being able to do all the traps in end game. Any advice and/or builds would be welcome :-)
    Thank you all
    Last edited by Tarios; 11-23-2012 at 11:27 AM.

On my tablet but my drow rogue

Started with 14 con 16 int some dex and str she can get any trap and as long as she is in a group she does great dps I took percison instead of power attack she does fair dps when not sneak attacking

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

My ranger-rogue multiclass started with 10 INT and can get any trap in the game too. It's mostly about the gear and buffs.
    More INT is mostly for assassinate DCs, not skills.

You will want the two weapon fighting chain, so you need at least 15 DEX if you have a +2 DEX tome, 16 DEX if you have a +1 DEX tome or 17 DEX if no tomes at all, but a +1 DEX tome should be fairly affordable, I think they're about 20-30k plat in the AH.

As much STR and CON as you can get.

Some INT for assassinate.

For example, you could get 16/16/14/12/8/10 STR/DEX/CON/INT/WIS/CHA

The feats are, in more or less random order:
    Toughness,
    Power Attack
    TWF,
    ITWF,
    GTWF,
    Improved Critical: something,

And that leaves you one normal feat and two epic ones to customize.
    Maybe sap, improved destruction and cleave. Or maybe precision, or something.

Skills, you'll get a ton, so max these:
    Disable Device,
    Search,
    UMD

Give lots of consideration to these:
    Balance
    Bluff
    Open Lock
    Spot
    Move Silently
    Hide

Put one point into Tumble to unlock tumbling.
    You may want to put a couple points into Jump, but with the bonus from STR, and jump spell you don't need much.
    Druids have a fundamental right to bear arms.

"No more patterns" - Shroud puzzles guide.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCake View Post
    My ranger-rogue multiclass started with 10 INT and can get any trap in the game too. It's mostly about the gear and buffs.
    More INT is mostly for assassinate DCs, not skills.

You will want the two weapon fighting chain, so you need at least 15 DEX if you have a +2 DEX tome, 16 DEX if you have a +1 DEX tome or 17 DEX if no tomes at all, but a +1 DEX tome should be fairly affordable, I think they're about 20-30k plat in the AH.

As much STR and CON as you can get.

Some INT for assassinate.

For example, you could get 16/16/14/12/8/10 STR/DEX/CON/INT/WIS/CHA

The feats are, in more or less random order:
    Toughness,
    Power Attack
    TWF,
    ITWF,
    GTWF,
    Improved Critical: something,

And that leaves you one normal feat and two epic ones to customize.
    Maybe sap, improved destruction and cleave. Or maybe precision, or something.

Skills, you'll get a ton, so max these:
    Disable Device,
    Search,
    UMD

Give lots of consideration to these:
    Balance
    Bluff
    Open Lock
    Spot
    Move Silently
    Hide

Put one point into Tumble to unlock tumbling.
    You may want to put a couple points into Jump, but with the bonus from STR, and jump spell you don't need much.
    If your going assassin str isnt as required since your going to be able to have other options for damage bonus and with more int you also get more skill points and if assassin I would say you could easily forget power attack persison is more useful for a drow assassin. and I forget the name right now but there is a better choice for an epic feat. improved sneak attack or something.

also I would argue for pure rogue over ranger/rogue
    Last edited by Uska; 11-24-2012 at 07:33 AM.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Improved Sneak Attack is +3d6 sneak damage. The cost for this fantastic benefit is 21 base Dex. I would start with...

14 Str
    16 Dex
    12 Con
    16 Int

That's 24 points spent at 1:1 on a drow. These 4 stats are all very important for a rogue, the last two have their moments but aren't that big a deal. We have 4 build points left and 6 level-ups, and we would like to get to 21 Dex but that's not for a long long time so let's assume at least a +2 Dex tome. That means we need 3 more Dex combined from build and level, and I would put the rest in Strength. Assassinate is great, but DPS is great too, and the Dex/Int damage weapons don't make for great boss beaters. So let's do...

15 Str + 4 level-ups
    17 Dex + 2 level-ups
    12 Con
    16 Int

The biggest problem with Precision is that it gets less valuable the better your group is, because there is a wide variety of ways for DDO characters to reduce enemy fortification. My advice to you is to get both. With the 6 traditional and ISA, you still have 2 spots on a drow rogue.