Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Vale: No healer? No problem!

I've seen a lot of posts lately about clerics and favored souls, and their multitude of healing spells. Well, this evening, I needed to do Running with the devils on my 3rd life monk to flag for the shroud. I put up a group, got 4 others to join, and then got a 5th request, but with no cleric or favored soul in the group yet, and the 6th not being one. I then decided that I would attempt to scroll heal this run, instead of waiting what would probably be hours for a cleric or fvs to come along. 37 heal scroll, 2 raise dead scrolls, and about 180 charges of cure critical wounds wands later, this is the result:

Since I have not asked the others in my group about whether they mind their names being up, I covered them. This to me was a big achievement though, so putting it up there.

Gratz mate, well done. From here you may push yourself even more! Maybe next life you will shortman the Vale. Maybe the life after that you will solo those quests and so on.

I remember a time when the thought of running vale without a healer was just out of the question.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by the613 View Post
    I've seen a lot of posts lately about clerics and favored souls, and their multitude of healing spells. Well, this evening, I needed to do Running with the devils on my 3rd life monk to flag for the shroud. I put up a group, got 4 others to join, and then got a 5th request, but with no cleric or favored soul in the group yet, and the 6th not being one. I then decided that I would attempt to scroll heal this run, instead of waiting what would probably be hours for a cleric or fvs to come along. 37 heal scroll, 2 raise dead scrolls, and about 180 charges of cure critical wounds wands later, this is the result:

Since I have not asked the others in my group about whether they mind their names being up, I covered them. This to me was a big achievement though, so putting it up there.
    very good job... though i wonder.... who did the most killing and how long did it take o.o

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottmike0 View Post
    very good job... though i wonder.... who did the most killing and how long did it take o.o
    I don't think it took any longer then usual, in fact I thought it went a bit faster. I do know I wasn't killing anything, pretty much sitting back and watching health bars with either a wand or scroll in my hand. It felt that the party as a whole was working together really well, and I think that helped out a lot.

I remember leveling my bard life, being in a group doing this quest...

I didn't volunteer to heal, the party leader just filled the party with me as really the only healer.

Then everyone just zerged their asses off...that was some intense healing but we actually got it done pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    I remember leveling my bard life, being in a group doing this quest...

I didn't volunteer to heal, the party leader just filled the party with me as really the only healer.

Then everyone just zerged their asses off...that was some intense healing but we actually got it done pretty well.
    i somehow managed to pull it off on my monk..... with a full group of ppl... there were very little healing ppl... there was a bard but that was quite it.... not sure how it worked.... but it was fun at the end..

then when i was on my caster warforge it went pretty smoth... 25 spell pen appears to be the magic number in that quest. thus i had the most kills thus.... i did not need to bring a healer

Quote Originally Posted by scottmike0 View Post
    i somehow managed to pull it off on my monk..... with a full group of ppl... there were very little healing ppl... there was a bard but that was quite it.... not sure how it worked.... but it was fun at the end..

then when i was on my caster warforge it went pretty smoth... 25 spell pen appears to be the magic number in that quest. thus i had the most kills thus.... i did not need to bring a healer
    Yeah, with a good insta-killer...with a strong Necro DC and good spell Pen this quest is straight forward...and of course DoT's coupled with burst damage for that Paladin at the end.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

I'm more impressed that on a level 16 Monk, you only have 3 Hotbars!
    Teach me your secrets, oh wise one.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Well, it would probably be more accurate to say I have 4 hotbars. hotbar 20 holds stuff I rarely use or that are only touched when I log in (Power attack, precision, raise dead scrolls, fire stance). Things will change a lot when I hit 18 though, and I will probably add another hot bar then.

I agree I too am more impressed he makes do with 3-4 hotbars at his level. All my toons have between 10-14 bars (umd-less pure barb included), and I think even that is too little! Only reason I don't have more up is due to my screen resolution limiting it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Innara View Post
    I agree I too am more impressed he makes do with 3-4 hotbars at his level. All my toons have between 10-14 bars (umd-less pure barb included), and I think even that is too little! Only reason I don't have more up is due to my screen resolution limiting it.
    I have no clue how you play with that many hotbars, though I will say that my graphics card sucks, and I therefore am pretty limited in the amount of hotbars I use. I usually end up with between 6 and 8 hotbars at 20. Also, considering level 18 brings a lot of neat stuff to this build, my hotbar count will probably jump then.

I have no clue how you play with that many hotbars, though I will say that my graphics card sucks, and I therefore am pretty limited in the amount of hotbars I use. I usually end up with between 6 and 8 hotbars at 20. Also, considering level 18 brings a lot of neat stuff to this build, my hotbar count will probably jump then.
    Dont stress about hotbars mate. You did a good job solo healing a tough quest and thats all that matters. Having more hotbars on your screen doesnt make you a better player. If you have everything you need on the three you have up then your all good.

Good Job OP.

As far as the topic of hotbars goes....

I run a Cleric at level 25... Since Level 20 I've had 20 hotbars on him. Now that I'm at level 25 I feel I need more than 20 hotbars.

I'd guess I use one hotbar for every character level. How is beyond me, but somehow I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Well, it would probably be more accurate to say I have 4 hotbars. hotbar 20 holds stuff I rarely use or that are only touched when I log in (Power attack, precision, raise dead scrolls, fire stance). Things will change a lot when I hit 18 though, and I will probably add another hot bar then.
    my lvl 11 monk has 8 hot bars lol cant understand

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    my lvl 11 monk has 8 hot bars lol cant understand
    personal play style I guess.

I think on my Main, pure Ranger AA, I have somewhere in the area of 15 Hotbars? I only keep 9 of them on the screen at all times though, the rest being items/abilities I rarely use(Quivers, ing bags, destiny ability swaps) and I have almost as much on my monk.

Hell I have 4 bars of nothing but KI moves, and tactical feats. lol

Community Member

I want to say that the group I was in was really good. I'm pretty sure at least one of the rangers was using wands, and I think, maybe it was due to not having a divine, not sure though, we were all taking it pretty carefully. As much as this is an achievement for me, I also look at it as another reason to feel that a divine isn't absolutely necessary for healing.

I've seen those threads discussing how "divines aren't healers" and "clerics need to stay back and heal" and this is part of my feeling "why does the divine have to heal?" I don't want to resurrect those threads (they were like nightmares), but this just shows me that if people don't act like zerging idiots (not saying everyone does), healing out of raids can mean just a couple of heal scrolls and a couple of wands.
    Last edited by the613; 11-28-2012 at 07:27 AM.

but this just shows me that if people don't act like zerging idiots (not saying everyone does), healing out of raids can mean just a couple of heal scrolls and a couple of wands.
    If the dungeon is cleared by a zerger while you are still at the start sorting through your scrolls and wands, you wouldnt have to heal anyone right?

And I was just starting to like you!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    If the dungeon is cleared by a zerger while you are still at the start sorting through your scrolls and wands, you wouldnt have to heal anyone right?

And I was just starting to like you!
    well, if the zerger was able to clear the dungeon, he's obviously not an idiot, and therefore doesn't fall under the term "zerging idiot" which I used. Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but I was pretty much using that to mean someone who is reckless, running around getting hit without thinking about where their hp is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast