Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    The Hatchery whomhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    652

    Default

    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the THF feats don't work properly with qstaff. I also notice that you don't take that line on any of your builds here. I take this as indication that my memory is correct, but just wanted to double check.

    Thanks for posting these builds!

  2. #22
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whomhead View Post
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the THF feats don't work properly with qstaff. I also notice that you don't take that line on any of your builds here. I take this as indication that my memory is correct, but just wanted to double check.
    Actually it's mostly due to the feat shortage. Improved Feint is an important part of this build's toolkit; and sneak atks will proc on Cleave atks but not glancing blows, which made Cleave/GC (plus Lay Waste & Momentum Swing) more important. Bottom line: of all the possible feats I could squeeze onto this build, my hunch was the THF feats added the least DPS.

    But hey, if glancing blows are bugged with staves, I'm totally willing to pretend I factored that into my builds if it makes me look moar smarter! And I could probably still find a way to squeeze them in if someone convinces me they add enough DPS to be worth it.

    If I got really into grinding out EDs, I might experiment with FotW just to see how Unbridled Fury mixes with staves, since it provides the THF feats free.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  3. #23
    Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Western Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,157

    Default Need help with epic gear on the horcobat in this thread(post #2)

    Need help with epic gear on the horcobat in this thread(post #2).

    Preferably commends stuff for now I'm rank 92 should cap in the next day or so.

    Epic shinys you can list but won't be acquiring them as fast as the commends/raid other gears.

    Was thinking pdk helm/gloves, clerics necklace, villagers bracers, cannith boots, treads, epic stalker ring, epic spyglass.

    Ninja jammies, shade bracers, all I can think of off the top of my head. Weapons, have Rahl's might & drow qstaff 4 now. Oh the villagers qstaff natch.

    http://ddocrafting.info/index.php?se...kup%21&p=myddo
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

    DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

  4. #24
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    I rolled up the horcobat couple days ago super fun! But I am worried about IF WAI?

    Can anyone confirm before I get this 1st life vet status 2 toon up to the higher levels that IF is WAI? Please & tyvm!

    This persons post here is very concerning:

    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=402128



    Cheers Good luck/loots!
    I played around a bit with a HORC staff build before Druids were introduced. one of the 13/6/1 rogue/fighter/monk variations. he was fun but has been shelved for a bit due to my altitis. this thread caught my eye and I may have to dust him off.

    I really like the OP's concept with IF and could see swapping out the fighter levels I took for more monk and the druid level. but not if IF is confirmed as not working.

    if it's not working, would you stick with the rogue/monk/druid split and just rearrange some feats and enhancements? or would you go an entirely different route?

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Hey unbongwah, I wanna start your second version posted in this thread, could you plz tell me your leveling-order?
    Tyvm!
    Cannith - Blutwurst / Knackwurst

  6. #26
    Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Western Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flotterjohnny View Post
    Hey unbongwah, I wanna start your second version posted in this thread, could you plz tell me your leveling-order?
    Tyvm!
    ??!!? It's posted in the layout?? RMMRMMRDMMRRRRRRRRRR

    Here's mine: http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/orien/gomapleleafs/

    Imp. Feint not working as intended. Other then that the build rocks! It is really awesome!

    I am holding 18 for 2 weeks now promised someone run them thru coal chamber on elite, otherwise I would have taken 20 & started

    working on LD ED. As well as farming commends for gear.
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

    DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

  7. #27
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,037

    Default in place of IF?

    assuming they don't successfully fix IF in the next update, what would folks suggest you take in its place?

    was leaning towards precision

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    ??!!? It's posted in the layout?? RMMRMMRDMMRRRRRRRRRR

    Here's mine: http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/orien/gomapleleafs/

    Imp. Feint not working as intended. Other then that the build rocks! It is really awesome!

    I am holding 18 for 2 weeks now promised someone run them thru coal chamber on elite, otherwise I would have taken 20 & started

    working on LD ED. As well as farming commends for gear.

    oops sry, my fault. tyvm!
    Cannith - Blutwurst / Knackwurst

  9. #29
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    assuming they don't successfully fix IF in the next update, what would folks suggest you take in its place?
    If you don't plan on taking IF, then you don't need Combat Expertise, in which case you don't need to hit INT 13, which radically changes the direction of this build. Precision is one option (just remember you have to be in Power Atk to use Lay Waste & Momentum Swing); so is Imp Trip (presuming still have CE) as placeholder until IF is fixed.

    I haven't played my HOrcrobat in a while, in part because Turbine (re)broke IF (also got distracted by some druid alts); kinda on hold until U17 hits in the hopes they (re)fix it (knock on wood).
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  10. #30
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    If you don't plan on taking IF, then you don't need Combat Expertise, in which case you don't need to hit INT 13, which radically changes the direction of this build. Precision is one option (just remember you have to be in Power Atk to use Lay Waste & Momentum Swing); so is Imp Trip (presuming still have CE) as placeholder until IF is fixed.

    I haven't played my HOrcrobat in a while, in part because Turbine (re)broke IF (also got distracted by some druid alts); kinda on hold until U17 hits in the hopes they (re)fix it (knock on wood).
    would still keep Intel reasonably high for other reasons, like skill points, and the hope that IF will be changed to work the way we think it should. Imp Trip was another thought but not sure if we would have the DC to make it work at higher levels. STR isn't too bad with this build, so may give that a shot.

    fingers crossed that they fix IF because that is definitely an important part of this build concept

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    43

    Default

    With the low WIS, on the Monk build would you recommend sticking to jammies the entire levelling process after lvl 2, or would light armor also do the trick until decent gear can be achieved?

    I assume the first build would stick to Light armor?
    Last edited by oldweasel; 02-09-2013 at 03:52 PM.

  12. #32
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldweasel View Post
    With the low WIS, on the Monk build would you recommend sticking to jammies the entire levelling process after lvl 2, or would light armor also do the trick until decent gear can be achieved?
    If the monk version wears armor, it can't use Wind II stance, monk strikes, or Shadow Fade - all of which are important. So stick with robes. Its AC isn't great, so it relies on Shadow Fade and Dodge to avoid being hit. Plus as a mostly-rogue build, you want to avoid aggro anyway to get your sneak atks.
    I assume the first build would stick to Light armor?
    Correct.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  13. #33
    Community Member NovaNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Aotearoa, New Zealand
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Hail Unbongwah. Nice stuff as always!!

    Rest was bad post - have started own post under Specialist.

    My bad Unbongwah.

    Z
    Last edited by NovaNZ; 02-17-2013 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnofEntropy View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

  14. #34
    Community Member ThePrincipal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    831

    Default

    why not stay pure rogue? surely the no splash can provide more dps than a capped rogue's SA.

  15. #35
    Hero nibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePrincipal View Post
    why not stay pure rogue? surely the no splash can provide more dps than a capped rogue's SA.
    On the OP Kensai build is mostly because of the extra feats. It is hard to fit greater cleave + improved feaint without a lot of feats. Fighter 7 and Rogue 14 don't add anything to the build, so he had a free level to use anything else. Cue barbarian (for being a F2P 28 pts build, otherwise I believe monk/druid would be better).

    On the OP Horc builds, it is mostly because Shadow Fade, 9% Dodge and +5% Doublestrike (and 2 extra feats) from Monk 6 is much better than anything you could get staying pure rogue. And since Rogue 14 don't give anything important, you have a free level to splash.

    On NovaNZ's build, I really would like to know too. The bard level don't seems to add much (Barbarian already provides martial proficiencies), and +4d6 sneak from capstone is clearly better than a level 1 rage.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma


    I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

  16. #36
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,893

    Default

    Has anyone tried Improved Feint on Lama yet to see if its been fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  17. #37
    Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Western Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,157

    Default Ugh, maybe tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Has anyone tried Improved Feint on Lama yet to see if its been fixed?
    Ugh, maybe tomorrow. 8am class, must go 2 bed noaw!! >><< :P!: )!

    I do have gomapleleafs copied over on lama(he is based on unbongwah's horcobat in the 2nd? post in this thread).

    http://ddocrafting.info/myddo/orien/gomapleleafs/

    I am done class at noon tomorrow though, so I will endeavor 2 log on to Lama & try to test/verify that 4 us stick/qstaff users/builds/toons.

    Cheers! :P! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

    DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

  18. #38
    Community Member NovaNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Aotearoa, New Zealand
    Posts
    475

    Default

    sorry bad post.
    Last edited by NovaNZ; 02-17-2013 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnofEntropy View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

  19. #39
    Community Member Dulcimerist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Default

    What would this build look like in today's DDO environment? This build looks quite fun, and is worthy of a necro.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

  20. #40
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    26,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    What would this build look like in today's DDO environment? This build looks quite fun, and is worthy of a necro.
    I'd be interested in seeing some updated work with stick builds. I was loving the "Big F'n Stick" build back when it was current, and have a few stick wielding Horcs standing around holding their sticks waiting for me to get back to them.
    (They blame the Arties for my distraction)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload