Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I finally TR'd my chest blesser, but I'm also still interested in the details. I know the chance of failure is based on the blesser's CHA, so perhaps the +lvl is as well.

I have a feeling that the whole marks system is going to get an overhaul soon-ish though.
    Last edited by Draxis; 11-24-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Hopefully the devs have had their fill of Turkey and can dig us up this answer.... Welcome back devs.
    Blades / Roboto of Cannith
    Officer of Loot

Community Member

My chest blesser is up to level 18. I guess I can do a test looking at how many lootings until a chest is completely empty comparing:

1) Quest with no bonuses
    2) Quest and +1 loot gem
    3) Quest and +2 loot gem
    4) Quest and +blessing

I just need to find a chest where 1) & 2) above are the same and 3) is 1 more looting before empty, and see which of 2) & 3) is matched by 4).

The Greater Dragonmark of Finding increases a chest's relative treasure level by 1.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The Greater Dragonmark of Finding increases a chest's relative treasure level by 1.
    Can we bug report it until it gets changed to a +2? It is 3 feats after all.

noooooooooooooooooooooo
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

Quote Originally Posted by 7-day_Trial_Monkey View Post
    Can we bug report it until it gets changed to a +2? It is 3 feats after all.
    I'm currently experimenting with changing the dragonmark lines to one feat plus racial enhancements in the future system.

So does that make the explorer area chests in High Road level 23 (not the 24 of the area) or is this a bug?

IE +2 loot gem +2 global boost = +4 tome, +2 loot gem +1 dragonmark = +3 tome
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

I'm currently experimenting with changing the dragonmark lines to one feat plus racial enhancements in the future system.
    I actually suggested this 4ish years ago (when they first came out- my mind slips on the date) and some folks freaked out, as they wanted to spend more feats and less on enhancements- something I acknowledged even when I disagreed with them.

Three Feats has always seemed excessive to me.

With enhancements, you could actually build out Heir of Syberus Marks and Aberrant Marks as well.

Eberron has a great deal of flavor left to taste...

Regs,

muffinmark
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Community Member

well i hope then that you are relaxing a LOT of other things (enhancement costs), as many classes are so tight with enhancements as it is, that sometimes feats can be the only way to get it. Please dont destroy another build of mine.

Just wanted to comment: This is exactly the direction I think it needs to go.

Feats are at a premium, and with expanded support in the new enhancement overhaul taking a feat to be "Dragonmarked" could certainly be positive addition to the system.

It would also allow for people to select improvements to their dragonmarks in a more fluid manner, choosing between a few SLA type abilities, or selecting which bonuses they want to raise. Having some variety with which exact spell or bonus you want to scale up, and the different combos various builds could use, would bring a lot of flavor in. And, of course, hopefully support for race/mark specific Dragonmarked PrE lines.

So, I hope the work on that pans out into something we see alongside the other PrE changes. It would add a lot to the game with very little trade off, which is a good thing.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

This would be much better for folks who want to play around with Dragonmarks but are on feat-starved classes.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Will it include possbilites for more spell-like abilities instead of the pre-packed ones? EG, "mark of XXX" is the feat that gives the skill bonus and open the enhancement line. Enhancements in 3 tiers give 3 spell-like abilities, being the least one list of spells to choose, lesser another list of spells, and greater a third list of spells.

Sentinel, as an example, could give as the least mark Shield of Faith, Ablative Armor, Barkskin or Shield. The lesser mark gives Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, Protection from Energy, or Variable Resistance (yep, the magister ability). Greater mark gives Globe of Invulnerability, Stoneskin, or Spell Resistance.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Seeing as no one else has ...... Thanks very much for responding.

Someone needs to go correct the wiki now.
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

When you change how the dragon marks work, dont forget to make sure that chimera's fang and other items that work off of dragon marks still function as intended.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

This makes my heart flutter <3

It would be sooo fun to be a paladin or fighter tank with the dragonmark of sentinel, or an elven melee with the dragonmark of shadow~

Thank you very much!
    Love when developers reveal the game mechanics.
    That's how it should be.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    So does that make the explorer area chests in High Road level 23 (not the 24 of the area) or is this a bug?

IE +2 loot gem +2 global boost = +4 tome, +2 loot gem +1 dragonmark = +3 tome
    +2 global boost= +3 tome.

pulled a con tome during that. At least I think it was during that time period. Deff didn't have any dragon marks or loot gems active.

Community Member

Default Treasure finding

THREE feats AND charisma based, it should be special, more like +1 per feat. Base is one use per rest and enhancements to get more, so I think there is a lot of room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    This makes my heart flutter <3

It would be sooo fun to be a paladin or fighter tank with the dragonmark of sentinel
    I'm already playing one of these, and it's doing quite well.

Course I plan to TR out of it, but that is besides the point.

All in all good news and a welcomed change.

(Also please add all the other marks like Aberrant, etc.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast