Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 152
  1. #121
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Spent 8 years on several (German) forums now.
    Never saw one with that negative reputation thing.

    Dont think you need it. If Trolls arise, report them, warn them. Then ban.
    Skar the Satai. Always remains on ship a little longer.
    Visit his epic tradepost on Wayfinder: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4698661

  2. #122
    Community Member donfilibuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    Didn't read either thread in full, will just say to be careful when making a build assumption and using it to disagree with the topic.
    In this case, that rogues are not going to have enough spot, while it might be hard to do for the avg. rogue it may not be absolute.
    Some people may have problem when giving this kind of advice because it may affect new players.
    I'll agree it'd be better for everyone to post a reply instead of leaving neg rep. that only the poster will see.

  3. #123
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I just neg repped myself on accident because I didnt believe I could actually neg rep myself! Doh!
    I had no idea you could do that.. and I am tempted to test, but I don't want to have to try to explain to a mod I neg repped myself just to see if I could.

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I had no idea you could do that.. and I am tempted to test, but I don't want to have to try to explain to a mod I neg repped myself just to see if I could.
    rest assured.. It was just a joke. Its not really possible.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  5. #125
    Community Member stainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    sixty-sixth layer of the Abyss
    Posts
    4,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    rest assured.. It was just a joke. Its not really possible.
    You got me.

  6. #126
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    rest assured.. It was just a joke. Its not really possible.
    Well played sir.. well played, I just hit the rep icon on my own post. First time everything I guess.

  7. #127
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mastikator View Post
    Disagreeing with people with 1000+ rep is a dangerous thing.
    I wish there was a way to contest negative rep, instead of being discouraged from making good but unpopular arguments :/
    There is a way. We have been told to report our own post and in the comment say that you feel the post was unjustly given negative rep. If they agree, they will remove the neg rep that was given.

  8. #128
    Community Member Ushurak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    However, you can only reach her navel ... which is fine, I guess. If one is into that.
    I like mountain climbing
    Argo server:
    Deadbot-Sorcerer Warforged // Weetawted - Wizard AM Warforged // Rattletrap - Light Monk Warforged // Baloons - Artificer Warforged // Mormorromrom - Favored Soul Human Evoker/Healer

  9. #129
    Community Member goodspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I'm just outside that door to your left.
    Posts
    3,564

    Default

    bah don't be ruled by the man!

    Rep was placed there as a way to make the little person feel some kind of importance as if they had a voice to compare to your declaration that some view of theirs was foolhardy at best.

    Join the grey and quench their meek squeak of a voice. Join the grey and forever chastise the convictions of everyone!

    No matter how hard I tried I could never be red. So the grey was made my home so the green could never shine.

  10. #130
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    bah don't be ruled by the man!

    Rep was placed there as a way to make the little person feel some kind of importance as if they had a voice to compare to your declaration that some view of theirs was foolhardy at best.

    Join the grey and quench their meek squeak of a voice. Join the grey and forever chastise the convictions of everyone!

    No matter how hard I tried I could never be red. So the grey was made my home so the green could never shine.
    Except grey doesn't remove you from the game. They still get to neg and pos rep you, that still effects your total rep score, the only difference is only you can see it.

  11. #131
    Community Member Dysmetria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    If you don't tell the person what was wrong in some fashion, a private message at the least, what do you expect to accomplish?

    Think about your goal in giving negative rep when you do so. If its not being used as a tool to help someone be a better member of the forum, well, then you are doing it wrong.

    Thanks.
    There is no rule stating one must do this as far as I can see.

    I'd never give negative rep for any reason, I can defend my point of view just fine by posting in the thread itself, but from my understanding people can give anyone negative rep for any reason they want to, and don't have to try to justify it afterwards in a PM or post.

  12. #132
    Community Member ThePrisoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Some of the people I respect least in these forums have a ton of positive rep. In fact, there are absolute trolls in these forums that have quite a few green boxes. That tells me that the system is broken, useless, and can be easily exploited. I not only boycott the reputation system, I completely ignore it.

    I judge posts based on the content, and I've seen little to no correlation between the number of green boxes and the intelligence of the poster. It's a useless system, valued only by those that either aim to please or cheat to win.
    Last edited by ThePrisoner; 11-26-2012 at 06:51 PM.

  13. #133
    Hero LOOON375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Argo
    Posts
    1,692

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    I just neg repped myself for being dumb enough to actually sit and read this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I just neg repped myself on accident because I didnt believe I could actually neg rep myself! Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by illusion28 View Post
    Can you? lol, didn't know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    You can't. Or shoudn't be able to anyway. I just tried repping myself and it just told me that I had no rep on that post and it gave me my total rep count.

    Maybe the mods don't like you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I had no idea you could do that.. and I am tempted to test, but I don't want to have to try to explain to a mod I neg repped myself just to see if I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    rest assured.. It was just a joke. Its not really possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    You got me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Well played sir.. well played, I just hit the rep icon on my own post. First time everything I guess.
    Now see what I started. This deserves it's own thread. hahahahaha And it made it worth going back and reading through my evil plan.

    And yes, it was in jest. lol
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

  14. #134
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Suggesting you have to be childish to give neg rep is your first mistake.

    Suggesting that anyone who gives neg rep will not give it to you because you have a gray box is your second mistake.
    I have the feeling that he doesnt care, just saying....

  15. #135
    Community Member goodspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I'm just outside that door to your left.
    Posts
    3,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Suggesting you have to be childish to give neg rep is your first mistake.

    Suggesting that anyone who gives neg rep will not give it to you because you have a gray box is your second mistake.
    Theirs no mistakes. And of course their not childish. They're just stuck. Rep is just a chain. Kind of like the law.

    People can do whatever they'd like. But they're actions have no weight. Not the overzealous neg repper, nor even the forum troll.

    Like this post right here. The one your reading, scrutinizing,... maybe even sneering at? It doesn't mean jack. Nothing. Hell i'd actually forgotten about my original post in here until I miss clicked. It's a moments thought and nothing more.

    But, no matter what, no action will ever have weight. Aside from the all mighty...well whichever sect watches over the general forums, which I have a feeling most interest in near any thread posted in general has died off long ago, their is no reaction. Nothing, nada. It's indifference at it's prime.

    But I do like conversing when I remember the old posts haha. Hell ive stumbled across year old youtube comments and picked it back up months, years later. Usually it's cause some weirdo actually sends an email or something ranting like a madman. Half of em I couldn't even begin to guess the hell they were going on about lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    I have the feeling that he doesnt care, just saying....
    That's not true. I love conversing with other people when it's interesting. For instance take the nice telemarketing people. I very VERY much enjoy chatting with them. bwahahah. Ah god I love human beings. Cmere Gkar gimme a hug ya big old grouchy teddy bear.

    Here I even found a picture for the kodak moment. http://essentiallyangela.com/wp-cont...3939155729.jpg
    Last edited by goodspeed; 11-26-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

  16. #136
    Community Member shores11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNova View Post
    I scored a neg for this: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=27 - for no apparent reason other than someone disagreed with me. That was pretty fascinating.
    I read your post you linked and I see no reason why someone would negative rep. you on that. I do disagree with your post because I do think spot is a viable skill to invest in. All 3 of my rogues and my artificer can spot any trap in the game and are very strong in all other areas. You DO NOT have to sacrifice spot to ensure something else is strong.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

  17. #137

    Default

    You guys should go read the forums for vBulletin. (The creators of the software that runs this forum.) In their experience, the only time the reputation system has been a “positive” thing for a forum is when the moderators turn the positive rep system on and leave the negative rep system off.

    As for neg rep, just take the time to realize that someone actually read your post.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

  18. #138
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNova View Post
    I scored a neg for this: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=27 - for no apparent reason other than someone disagreed with me. That was pretty fascinating.

    I get those a LOT. now, those where I take a swipe at someone - totally deserved (and expected, frankly); but just 'cause someone disagrees with me? silly. I just leave them there - it all balances out in the end.

  19. #139
    Community Member gordgray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    City of Gray Hawk
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    If you don't tell the person what was wrong in some fashion, a private message at the least, what do you expect to accomplish?

    Think about your goal in giving negative rep when you do so. If its not being used as a tool to help someone be a better member of the forum, well, then you are doing it wrong.

    Thanks.
    I get that all the time its no big deal I DON'T CARE!!!!!
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

  20. #140
    Community Member redoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    If you get neg rep for a post it's usually pretty easy to figure why
    So... with that in mind... any ideas why I have gotten more neg rep for this thread than I have gotten total since rep came out?

    I don't believe I was rude, disruptive, mean, trolling etc. But I'm here with an open mind to listen if there is an explaination. Thanks.
    /sigh

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload