Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We're happier with the changes currently in compared to before. The system running today isn't expected to be final. Further changes aren't yet imminent.
    This is good to know - I am going to cross my fingers, and hope that 'further changes aren't yet imminent' means for now, we'll be keeping this system while you monitor it.

I wish you guys weren't so unclear sometimes; we'd really like to know if we can get some new blood into our guild; we're looking to invite some new players, get some new faces in, and have some fun!

But we're scared you're going to revert and then we'll be worse off than before

Based on this statement though, I'm going to suggest to my guild that it might be time to open the doors, and assign us some recruiters to find 'our type of player' and give them a home.....

Still think you are arguing over scraps.

The exp buff is good but that means you have to do any adventure in less than an hour and not die. If you are a zerger or an old hand thats not an issue most likely but I like to take time and get every bonus I can with me and my guild of local mates. We quite often dont get that buff anyway.

The resist shrines are ok but with everyone insisting on all dungeons being elite, if you walk into a trap you are just as dead with the resist as without. At higher levels its like wearing a paper suit to a radiation spill.

I'd much prefer an xp buff that is continuous but depends on how many guild members logon. 0% for less than 10%, 1% for 10-19%, 2% for 20-39% etc... at least it will always be there and its still a tiny bonus so hardly game breaking.

I have a toon in a level 76 and the rest in a 42 guild. I'm as underwhelmed in both tbh.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Just make it you must have 20 Accounts to gain Guild levels over 25.
    Don't think this would work. All the current small guilds that have under 20 accounts like mine ( LVL 46 ) would lose 21 levels that we've worked for for a couple of years. Would have been something to think about if it was implemented before any guilds formed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tictman View Post
    So then it's ok for your large guild to benefit from the new system and not a small 1 like mine? No I'm sure this isn't what you mean, so why don't we just do away with renown decay? Would that not be a better solution? I'd trade the bonuses that you think I don't deserve for not losing renown daily. Even though these bonuses really do not help us as much as you seem to think.
    Coming from the perspective of a 6 person guild, I am just fine with the larger guilds being able to advance faster than the smaller guilds, as there are more people there putting in the "work" to gather renown in the larger guilds. Those larger guilds also carry some drawbacks that my smaller guild doesn't have to deal with, such as excessive drama over stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhawk6 View Post
    Still think you are arguing over scraps.

The exp buff is good but that means you have to do any adventure in less than an hour and not die. If you are a zerger or an old hand thats not an issue most likely but I like to take time and get every bonus I can with me and my guild of local mates. We quite often dont get that buff anyway.

The resist shrines are ok but with everyone insisting on all dungeons being elite, if you walk into a trap you are just as dead with the resist as without. At higher levels its like wearing a paper suit to a radiation spill.

I'd much prefer an xp buff that is continuous but depends on how many guild members logon. 0% for less than 10%, 1% for 10-19%, 2% for 20-39% etc... at least it will always be there and its still a tiny bonus so hardly game breaking.

I have a toon in a level 76 and the rest in a 42 guild. I'm as underwhelmed in both tbh.
    XP buff affects slayers and optionals too. You get +5% xp while you're running to the quest, and for every optional you happen to do (since you like those). Even if you don't manage to finish the quest in under 1 hour due to the sweet smell of the flowers on the sidewalk, that's still a sizeable amount of XP.

On resist shrines: Why would you walk into an elite trap, resists notwithstanding? Resists are great for damage mitigation, especially for archers, and are godly at low levels. Try running elite proof at level 6 with and without ship buffs and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybernetic View Post
    I have a ONE person guild (me) of level 56.9 (approx).
    If I don't log in for 1 day, it's 2600+ loss.
    It's not really fun to fight the decay day by day.
    And yes, I'm not going to join a large guild after investing 1.5 year of work in my guild.
    2600 is really nothing.
    I ran 2 new quests on EE yesterday and got 8000+ reknown, with only a medium guild bonus.

I then went and joined a Normal Citw and got another 2000 reknown all together...which is low for me on this raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Such755 View Post

Also notice how all level 85+ guilds are small?
    This is not true, simply look at Sarlona, many of them are medium guilds.
    Last edited by moops; 11-21-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Coming from the perspective of a 6 person guild, I am just fine with the larger guilds being able to advance faster than the smaller guilds, as there are more people there putting in the "work" to gather renown in the larger guilds. Those larger guilds also carry some drawbacks that my smaller guild doesn't have to deal with, such as excessive drama over stupid stuff.
    100% thank god for the lack of drama in our guild.
    An old man playing the electronic version of the game he has loved for thirty years.
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Proudly receiving negative feed back for having ethics and standing on Principle.
    Rangers Lead the Way

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Just make it you must have 20 Accounts to gain Guild levels over 25.
    ummmm....NO just cause someone only has 5 or 6 people in their guild is no reason to restrict them. I have 2 Guilds one is fairly large which is CLAW on Thelanis the other is my friends and family guild with around 15 accounts give or take...why do you think my F&F guild should be penalized?

The best way would be to make multiple safety nets like Lvl 25 so like 25,30,40,50,60.70,80 and maybe 90...not 100 though decay works as normal but you cant go from 100 all the way to 25 because your guild decided to stop playing for a little bit...which with smaller guilds is quite easy to happen or even bigger guilds that decide to try out another MMO together.

Honestly most of the people I know only play MMOs because their friends do so IMO small guild or large both are just as important and its not you place to say otherwise
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 11-21-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Yes - I do feel its okay - we have 10-12 players online at any time of day - and WAY more in the evenings and weekends - we engage our players, we plan raids; we group up. We chat. We have more people online at any given second of the day than some of these 'tiny' guilds will EVER have online in their entire life of their guild. We deserve to be rewarded for this.

I feel its FINALLY time a large guild that helps to keep this game running, helps to keep those customers coming back.... gets what it deserves.

All you have to do, is make friends, invite a few, and suddenly, you are no longer being 'persecuted'. I feel that if you do this, you will also help to improve the game, and then you should also receive the same benefits.

You asked. Go recruit; make some friends!
    So my small guild of family and friends never group up, never chat, and never plan events?

Your large guild is the thing that keeps this game running really? You and your large guild are the only ones that pay the bills for Turbine Really? If it was not for your large guild Turbine would have no customers, they would all leave the game and never come back? Wow!

[QUOTE=eris2323;4779015]
    I wish you guys weren't so unclear sometimes; we'd really like to know if we can get some new blood into our guild; we're looking to invite some new players, get some new faces in, and have some fun!

QUOTE]

Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that maybe, just maybe, small guilds are worried about this exact same thing? Probably not because you too busy bragging about how much better your large guild is over smaller guilds and you are also telling us to do the exact same thing that you are afraid of doing. In case you think I'm making this up, here i'll repost it for you:

Yes - I do feel its okay - we have 10-12 players online at any time of day - and WAY more in the evenings and weekends - we engage our players, we plan raids; we group up. We chat. We have more people online at any given second of the day than some of these 'tiny' guilds will EVER have online in their entire life of their guild. We deserve to be rewarded for this.

I feel its FINALLY time a large guild that helps to keep this game running, helps to keep those customers coming back.... gets what it deserves.

All you have to do, is make friends, invite a few, and suddenly, you are no longer being 'persecuted'. I feel that if you do this, you will also help to improve the game, and then you should also receive the same benefits.

You asked. Go recruit; make some friends!

So please, stop spewing gibberish all over these forums.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tictman View Post
    So my small guild of family and friends never group up, never chat, and never plan events?

Your large guild is the thing that keeps this game running really? You and your large guild are the only ones that pay the bills for Turbine Really? If it was not for your large guild Turbine would have no customers, they would all leave the game and never come back? Wow!
    I feel that your 'small guild' already has exactly the amount of compensation it needs, in the form of small guild bonus - and needs no more.

Community Member

[QUOTE=jhadden30;4779090]

QUOTE]

Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that maybe, just maybe, small guilds are worried about this exact same thing? Probably not because you too busy bragging about how much better your large guild is over smaller guilds and you are also telling us to do the exact same thing that you are afraid of doing. In case you think I'm making this up, here i'll repost it for you:

I'm sorry you misunderstood.

We'd like to be able to recruit again, openly, without fear of the old system coming back.

If you have a problem with how fast your guild is levelling, all you need to do is recruit more.

This is WITH the caveat that system stays as is.

Two seperate thoughts... if you need more clarification, just let me know.

I'll post what I want, when I want - you have no power to make me stop, so stop trying to be a bully and telling me to stop posting, as I am taking offence to your rudeness.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

If you have a problem with how fast your guild is levelling, all you need to do is recruit more.
    So, it's ok to force size change on small guilds, but not large? I don't understand that.
    It's definitely an N-word.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

I'll post what I want, when I want - you have no power to make me stop, so stop trying to be a bully and telling me to stop posting, as I am taking offence to your rudeness.
    Well reporting you helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

a large guild that helps to keep this game running, helps to keep those customers coming back.... !
    No you said this. Notice the quote box with your name on it!

Community Member

[QUOTE=Dandonk;4779102]

So, it's ok to force size change on small guilds, but not large? I don't understand that.
    Nothing is forced on anyone - guild decay and guild size bonus didn't change for small guilds.

They are exactly the same as they were 3 weeks ago.

They get a renown bonus to make up for being small.

Where's anyone being forced?

[QUOTE=eris2323;4779096]
    Quote Originally Posted by jhadden30 View Post

I'm sorry you misunderstood.

We'd like to be able to recruit again, openly, without fear of the old system coming back.

This is WITH the caveat that system stays as is.

Two seperate thoughts... if you need more clarification, just let me know.

It's right there in black and white, I'm just waiting for an answer to my question. What makes you think that small guilds aren't afraid of doing the same thing? I'm just stating facts about what you are posting.

[QUOTE=jhadden30;4779090]

QUOTE]

But why worry about it? My guild doesn't...and we have had no problem. Oh wait, we play to have fun.

Honestly, I could care less about reknown, and pretty much hate ship buffs as they tend to slow things down when in pugs. I follow these threads to try and be some kind of voice of reason, so people don't get so worked up over something that doesn't even matter. I play end game EE without buffs all the time.

And if you are thinking that lvl is some kind of prestige that gets you something--many of the best players on my server only play in one man guilds--would experienced people really do this if lvl mattered? If it was affecting their group experience? If they could not solo without a super high guild lvl?

No matter which system I see proposed, my guild is still going to lvl faster than most guilds, other guilds are still going to lvl faster than us. Who cares?

This game isn't even built around 1 pt of AC or 1 DC or extra intim mattering anymore, etc. 30 resist pots are falling like crazy as well. Even when these things mattered., There really was no reason to get so worked up. Now it's just plain silly.
    Last edited by moops; 11-21-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Well reporting you helps
    Yeah. For what, did I do now?

This is childish and you know what - yeah. Let the devs sort this out.

You DDO forum bullies sure do know your stuff, I'll go away now.

Just because you don't like my opinion does not give any of you the right to report me, if I have done nothing wrong.

I'll let you people cool down a little. You really, really need it.

Might I suggest getting in-game, and recruiting more?

Community Member

[QUOTE=jhadden30;4779110]

It's right there in black and white, I'm just waiting for an answer to my question. What makes you think that small guilds aren't afraid of doing the same thing? I'm just stating facts about what you are posting.
    No, I'm done with this childish back and forth - it is only resulting in neg rep from people who don't agree with me, and childish threats of being reported.

Good luck to all of you. I'm going to go enjoy the new guild rules that the devs have decided to bless all of us with.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast