Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 770
  1. #41
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Neither would it be WAI by hitting the plateau and never being able to move past it.

    I'll take small amount of advancement over none at all any day.

    There will never be a fair decay system for all but what we have now is a step in the right direction by removing the account based multiplier.
    I wouldn't know about hitting a plateau and never being able to move past it. But i would like to be able to have my guild gain a level every week or every other week, rather than every other month (or longer).


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  2. #42
    Community Member theslimshady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    I wouldn't know about hitting a plateau and never being able to move past it. But i would like to be able to have my guild gain a level every week or every other week, rather than every other month (or longer).
    lol try losing 3 levels in all of last year and being where you was at this same point last year and only because they tweeked the system you are still pretty much the same size have the same core officers but lost 3 levels in a whole year then listen to peeps tell you the system is broke cause they dont get as much renown as you now its becomes a very humorous debate at that point

  3. #43
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybernetic View Post
    I have a ONE person guild (me) of level 56.9 (approx).
    If I don't log in for 1 day, it's 2600+ loss.
    It's not really fun to fight the decay day by day.
    And yes, I'm not going to join a large guild after investing 1.5 year of work in my guild.
    And to solve that, all you'd have to do is make some friends, and invite them.

    Your pug... sorry, guild seems like it needs more people!

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    And to solve that, all you'd have to do is make some friends, and invite them.

    Your pug... sorry, guild seems like it needs more people!
    I simply don't want to.
    I want to be in my own guild alone. See it as an achievement.
    I just can't go a little casual because of the system.

    There was an idea before: If a person earns 5 million renown alone, he should stop contributing to XP loss. Problem solved. It rewards hard work and lets the player have a little life sometimes. (I'm over 9 million)

  5. #45
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Your pug... sorry, guild seems like it needs more people!
    So, it's OK to force guild size change on small guilds, but not large ones?

    IMO, neither guild should be forced to do anything with regards to size that they don't want to.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  6. #46
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    So, it's OK to force guild size change on small guilds, but not large ones?

    IMO, neither guild should be forced to do anything with regards to size that they don't want to.
    I'm sorry, that is not a 'small guild' that is by DDO defintion, a TINY guild.

    In their words.

    In my words, a guild of one isn't a guild.

    If the gentleman wants his 1 person guild to get to level 100, I'm sure it's possible, he'll just have to work hard.

    And he should HAVE to work hard.

  7. #47
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    I'm sorry, that is not a 'small guild' that is by DDO defintion, a TINY guild.

    In their words.

    In my words, a guild of one isn't a guild.

    If the gentleman wants his 1 person guild to get to level 100, I'm sure it's possible, he'll just have to work hard.

    And he should HAVE to work hard.
    He already has to work hard. To level up, he needs to pull a LOT more renown/account than a large guild. You seem to want to punish him with a much, much larger decay/account, too.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  8. #48
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    I wouldn't know about hitting a plateau and never being able to move past it. But i would like to be able to have my guild gain a level every week or every other week, rather than every other month (or longer).
    I do know about the plateau. It happens far to often for larger Guilds.

    IMO, gaining a level every week, or every other (based on Guild size) is a bit unrealistic.

    Lower level Guilds, sure, very possible and easy to do. Higher level, not so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  9. #49
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    I'm sorry, that is not a 'small guild' that is by DDO defintion, a TINY guild.

    In their words.

    In my words, a guild of one isn't a guild.

    If the gentleman wants his 1 person guild to get to level 100, I'm sure it's possible, he'll just have to work hard.

    And he should HAVE to work hard.
    I don't want a level 100 guild. I want a fairly good guild that doesn't go backward.
    I very rarely select items as reward, only the guild renown items. (been doing this for 1.5 years)
    I think this could be called hard work...

  10. #50
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    And to solve that, all you'd have to do is make some friends, and invite them.

    Your pug... sorry, guild seems like it needs more people!
    Or, just pull a Legendary and your decay is covered for that day. Everything pulled over that is all gain.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  11. #51
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    He already has to work hard. To level up, he needs to pull a LOT more renown/account than a large guild. You seem to want to punish him with a much, much larger decay/account, too.
    But how much of a very small guild bonus is applied to each and every pull of renown?

    To advance a solo guild, one just needs to play and take advantage of the very small guild bonus.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  12. #52
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    He already has to work hard. To level up, he needs to pull a LOT more renown/account than a large guild. You seem to want to punish him with a much, much larger decay/account, too.
    And he should continue to have to work hard; I do not support any more hand-holding or unfair advantages given to 'very small' guilds. Especially 1 player and 2 player 'guilds' - it is an insult and a slap in the face to all GUILDS who actually DO have to work hard to gain levels. 1 Guy given bonuses that allow them to outshine 10 guys? or 100 guys? Not fair to the rest of us.

    Need a system that doesn't encourage the game world splitting up into 124614651435145145145145 guilds of 2 players each.

  13. #53
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default that was based on the old system

    Quote Originally Posted by Such755 View Post
    Also notice how all level 85+ guilds are small?
    This was due to the overwhelming decay in the old system. To get that high you almost had to keep your member numbers low.

    I'm not saying the old system was fair, but 6 highly active members was a large advantage.

    Now small guild members have to work way harder than large guild members to advance.

    Regardless of what large guild members say they now have a huge advantage. Then again I can't blame for not wanting to go back to the old system.

    Not sure what the solution to this is. Maybe do away with the decay system all together? Seems that would be the only logical solution. No one would have any advantage. Like a large guild fine, like a small guild great, but both would keep the renown that they've earned.

  14. #54
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    But how much of a very small guild bonus is applied to each and every pull of renown?

    To advance a solo guild, one just needs to play and take advantage of the very small guild bonus.
    The highest bonus is x4. So a 6-man guild would pull for 24 people (if those were in a large 50+ account guild).

    A one-man guild gets a 150% bonus, so pulls for 2.5 people. And he gets the decay of a 20 multipier. I don't think he has it easy, at all.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  15. #55
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    And he should continue to have to work hard; I do not support any more hand-holding or unfair advantages given to 'very small' guilds. Especially 1 player and 2 player 'guilds' - it is an insult and a slap in the face to all GUILDS who actually DO have to work hard to gain levels. 1 Guy given bonuses that allow them to outshine 10 guys? or 100 guys? Not fair to the rest of us.

    Need a system that doesn't encourage the game world splitting up into 124614651435145145145145 guilds of 2 players each.
    Below 6 players have always been suboptimal, getting low guid size renown bonus, and still getting a 20 multiplier decay. Those solo or duo guilds always hard it hard.

    It isn't fair? What's fair about small guilds being punished for having casuals, while large guilds aren't?
    It's definitely an N-word.

  16. #56
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I don't think "hand-holding' and "unfair advantages" are properly chosen words here...

  17. #57
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I do know about the plateau. It happens far to often for larger Guilds.

    IMO, gaining a level every week, or every other (based on Guild size) is a bit unrealistic.

    Lower level Guilds, sure, very possible and easy to do. Higher level, not so much.
    I don't think it is unrealistic to want your guild to be higher than 32nd level after being worked on for years.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  18. #58
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Maybe not to you... but to me, those are the perfect words.

    "help, my two person guild isn't competitive, and doesn't gain levels as fast as large guilds with 200 players, please, please, throw us a bone, we deserve to level just as fast, or else we'll quit and go play star wars'

    getting sick of all this.

    Turbine changed the guild system to, in the end, help their social game. To stop people from being kicked.

    Small guilds aren't getting hurt. They're just not playing the proper game any more.

    Your solution is simple: (choose one)

    1) join a larger guild. It doesn't have to be huge, just enough that your contribution matters.

    2) recruit some friends

    3) quit game for star wars


    To me, it seems all those power gamers who left the large stagnating guilds are now just whining up a storm, because they CHOSE to leave large guilds in favor of a small guilds advantages... because they wanted guild levels.

    Now the rules change; so rejoin some large guilds, me boyos... some of us will reinvite you back, if you left us.

    A 6 person power-gamer guild is no longer the optimum setup. Deal with it.

    Make friends. Invite friends. Enrich your game. maybe even, I dunno, invite some real life friends, who may, or may not enjoy the game... but be happy in the fact that at least those people can now TRY the game, including TRYING large guilds, without totally destroying those large guilds.

    And this is why the system is better.

  19. #59
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    The obvious failure in your numbers assume that in those large guild you have every member online every single day playing and opening chests. Fact is, that is no where near how it is. Not even close.
    Its funny you mention that. Yesterday my small guild had 2/6 members log in. We moved backwards in renown. If you want to make a reasonable comparison comparison a small guild to a large guild who on an average day both have 1/3 of its members log in. The old decay system effected them both a lot more evenly then the new.

    I think a bigger reason why most super active guilds tend to be on the smaller side, as in the 6-25 range, has more to do with the fact that the largest group you ever need is 12 people. If a guild consistently has enough people on to raid every night what incentive do they have to get much bigger at that point. That's why a lot of said guilds have actual recruiting criteria, they can afford to be picky because they don't need more people, but its always nice more players that can meet your criteria, whatever that may be.

    Please explain to me how being in a small guild somehow means I'm more likely to log in every day? I work, I take college courses, I have friends, family, a dog, and other hobbies. None of that changes just because I'm in a small guild.

  20. #60
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Maybe not to you... but to me, those are the perfect words.

    "help, my two person guild isn't competitive, and doesn't gain levels as fast as large guilds with 200 players, please, please, throw us a bone, we deserve to level just as fast, or else we'll quit and go play star wars'

    getting sick of all this.

    Turbine changed the guild system to, in the end, help their social game. To stop people from being kicked.

    Small guilds aren't getting hurt. They're just not playing the proper game any more.

    Your solution is simple: (choose one)

    1) join a larger guild. It doesn't have to be huge, just enough that your contribution matters.

    2) recruit some friends

    3) quit game for star wars


    To me, it seems all those power gamers who left the large stagnating guilds are now just whining up a storm, because they CHOSE to leave large guilds in favor of a small guilds advantages... because they wanted guild levels.

    Now the rules change; so rejoin some large guilds, me boyos... some of us will reinvite you back, if you left us.

    A 6 person power-gamer guild is no longer the optimum setup. Deal with it.

    Make friends. Invite friends. Enrich your game. maybe even, I dunno, invite some real life friends, who may, or may not enjoy the game... but be happy in the fact that at least those people can now TRY the game, including TRYING large guilds, without totally destroying those large guilds.

    And this is why the system is better.
    Can I just ask you, if the intent of the guild system to be designed to basically funnel everyone into a large guild, why did the small guild bonuses ever exist to begin with?

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload