Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default **Get to 25 Fast**

I will be putting together some guides for fast leveling to hit level 25 after you've hit 20 or finally decided to stop TR'ing. This is the first video of many with a suggested quest to farm for epic xp that's quick, easy, and soloable.

Click HERE for the video of Impossible Demands
    Click HERE for the video of Lords of Dust

Read the description in the video for other suggestions on quick epic leveling.

More videos to come, hope this helps a few folks.

Thanks
    Last edited by HolyAlliance; 11-25-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    ~Juggles~

Noone should ever run Impossible Demands more than twice before hitting level 25 (or having enough XP to be eligible to take 25).

This is a quest you absolutely, positively do not want any repetition penalties on when you are level capped.

Others in this category:

House of Rusted Blades
    House of Death Undone
    Don't Drink the Water (not a fast quest but a lot of people ransack it weekly for FGDS, may as well get 150k XP each ransack)

These should be run either once on Hard and once on Normal as you level, or if you are going for 375 favor this life, once on Elite (and optionally once on Hard).
    Last edited by sirgog; 11-20-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

This is good for hitting 25 as fast as possible, but farming out any epic quest before you hit 25 could potentially hurt you later if your goal is to max out all destinies, since the repeats don't go away. The alternative strategy is to run every quest you can once on EH, then once on EN.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Noone should ever run Impossible Demands more than twice before hitting level 25 (or having enough XP to be eligible to take 25).

This is a quest you absolutely, positively do not want any repetition penalties on when you are level capped.

Others in this category:

House of Rusted Blades
    House of Death Undone
    Don't Drink the Water (not a fast quest but a lot of people ransack it weekly for FGDS, may as well get 150k XP each ransack)

These should be run either once on Hard and once on Normal as you level, or if you are going for 375 favor this life, once on Elite (and optionally once on Hard).
    100% Incorrect. You want to farm this quest out to gain towards 25. Just don't farm Rusted Blades or Death Undone. There is ZERO reason to keep 5+ more quests off repitition if you just need Rusted Blades to farm your Epic Destiny XP. Impossible Demands is fine to farm all the way down before hitting 25. Just keep Blades available.
    ~Juggles~

Others in this category:

House of Rusted Blades
    House of Death Undone

100% Incorrect. My sig has rainbow colors and yours doesn't. You want to use as many colors as possible when writing one word. Just don't throw one or two together. There is ZERO reason for lack of color variety if you're just looking for an average, well balanced signature. Rainbows are fine in game forum signatures. Keep them available for deployment at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Ravensguard is a funloving bunch of friendly gentlemen and lady. Please send Eez an ingame tell and he'll gladly invite you into the guild. If he doesn't invite you in right away, just keep trying. He loves meeting new people.

Community Member

Personally i'd keep Impossible demands, its about 3 mins to solo on a decked out first life FvS on norm and 4-5 mins on hard. On a melee bard without hireling add a min to each diff (no aoe instakills slows it down a bit, neither is the bard very well equipped either).

To solo Rusted blades or death undone norm is about 4/5 mins on a FvS respectively for about 1k more xp. Duoing the xp/min shoots through the roof and you can complete death undone or blades in about 2 or 3 mins on hard (never really tried duoing on norm but i expect the time wont decrease by much). To solo Rusted on my bard took about 5 mins, Death undone took too long and too much of a pain to do repeatedly (about 7 mins).

So IMO, while Numot is generalising a bit, whether one keeps Demands off xp ransack or not depends on largely your playstyle; solo alot for whatever reasons, save it, always have a grinding partner or happy to LFM it all the time, burn it to the ground. Now while i haven't solo'd them much on a pure melee, i reckon with a hireling healbot you'd probably be looking at a time a few mins faster than my bard.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlliance View Post
    100% Incorrect. You want to farm this quest out to gain towards 25. Just don't farm Rusted Blades or Death Undone. There is ZERO reason to keep 5+ more quests off repitition if you just need Rusted Blades to farm your Epic Destiny XP. Impossible Demands is fine to farm all the way down before hitting 25. Just keep Blades available.
    Roldon - L16 Whirling tempest of gimp.. now TR3'd for extra super double gimp : Lauralis - L22 FvS: Roldocron - L20 ArchFail : Roldobot - L20 LotB FvS: Roldyn - L21 Rogbarian, i can has disable.. after i find trap with face... : Roldyne - L20 Bardouge, i can has disable... after someone else finds trap with face... Proud gimp of BeiberLu.. i mean Wanderlust

Others in this category:

House of Rusted Blades
    House of Death Undone

100% Incorrect. You don't want to so much as far as to in the same boat. Do you even know what time is it? What is love.

House of rusted blades is 2 min 20 secs with 2 toons with 1 having ddoor + 20 seconds recall and reenter time.

With wings and/or sprint boost this time can be brought down.
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

Community Member

Default depends on what you want to do

This of course assumes you want to cap your ED through mindless grind of these quests. Of course there are many situations where someone could run it to xp death at lvl 21 (like I just did):

1. Your EDs are already maxed
    2. Your EDs are already where you want them to be and you don't plan on the mindless grind farm to "max them all".
    3. You plan on TR'ing immediately at 25 and not grinding out ED this life
    4. You have done the math, and you will cap your ED with your remaining 2 lives or whatever you have planned on your build.

I'm sure there are other situations, where it is advantageous to run these XP generous quests while leveling which I quite enjoyed this life as I was able to say "done with it' after that 11th run
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Hi,

I found The Deal and the Demon was very useful for capping my EDs efficiently.

It's a very quick run if you only fight when necessary. Unless something about it has changed recently, keeping it for farming could be very handy.

Also got a lot of XP out of Lords of Dust and VoN3.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Keep it off repitition @ 25 farm this quest casual kill her before she ports away

15k exp in 30 seconds
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

I agree with Sirgog,

Well sort of, do you plan on capping all ED this life? In that case you want to save as many good xp quests as possible. If not then just save rusted blades/house of death. If you are planning on capping all EDs then you may as well farm different quests thus ransacking all of them for a bit of loot as well in the process.

Also one other thing you can repeat each quest twice (not once only on hard) before you get xp penalty. This also means that it is pretty easy to get to level 25 (from 20) without having too many repeat penalties accumulated. Any quest you plan on farming (for loot or xp) you should avoid getting the repeat penalty for). Also the explorers in the 20+ areas give nice xp and aren't too hard to do. Plus with U16 its now even easier to hit 25.
    "Focus on Adventure Not Grind"

Haha flame fest over virtually nothing. <3 it. Either way, I find Death Undone and House of Rusted Blades to be better quests for farming ED's. This is a quick easy quest to do for farming xp, whether you use it for capping your ED's or not. Nothing you can really argue about there :/

So you would personally like to use that rather than Rusted Blades to farm your ED xp? gfy.

Either way, pick one you want to use for ED farming and keep THAT one off repetition, there is no need to keep multiple quests off repetition like Sirgog was suggesting, especially these quick easy ones to help you get to 25 that much faster.
    ~Juggles~

I think I was doing rusted blades on my barb with a sorc in like 1 min 40 sec,from start till completion.
    EH

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlliance View Post
    Thing with ID is that it is the fastest solo quest. HoRB is the fastest duo, and HoDU is the fastest full-group. So you want all three to have no penalty. Also you want any quest with high-end loot (especially bound items but even ones with unbound goodies) off XP ransack penalties too.

These factors are why the general consensus among players aiming to get close to max Twists is to get from 20-25 by doing everything twice maximum. 20-25 is fast anyway even if you don't optimize levelling while going from 3m Destiny XP to 20.9m Destiny XP (or wherever you wish to stop) takes a long time.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

hehe yeah, once I ransack the chest in any farming quest I usually move on to the next, this means I can usually earn a significant amount of plat very quickly from farming xp and that combined with raiding usually takes up all my play time. Of course if xp/minute is your only concern then Szind/rusted blades should be fine.

Nonetheless thanks OP for making the videos, minor disagreement but appreciate that your helping
    Last edited by Xezrak; 11-20-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    "Focus on Adventure Not Grind"

you only need rusted blades or house of death undone or both for flexibility, impossible demands doesn't need to be saved because its worse xp/min. my usual path to 25 is just to actually do all the quests because if I'm trying to get to 25 I'm probably not planning on TRing and will want to flag for everything.

also are first time 5 star challenges still giving like 100k xp first time on level 21+? that should be mentioned if so
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

+1 for a well produced and informative video.

We all have times when we need quick XP, but I'd also encourage new players to enjoy the ride.

I imagine with wings/sprint boost, fathom the depths isn't bad.

2-3minutes for ~25k.

I agree that you should probably not touch the top 4-5 quests...not just the top ONE...you hit ransack QUICK when farming destinies, and if you friends are doing the #3 xp/min quest that you farmed out like a chump...what you gonna say?

Default Video song?

Hi there m8s, srry for the off topic question, but what's the song in the video? It's very cool :-)

Thanks,

Gyga

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast