Community Member

Default Restless Isles making me...restless

Since I'm still learning my way around as a VIP, I had gone to Menechturun and only recently found out that I missed the Restless Isles. Found out about it from the main quest line in the Harbor (Hiding in Plain Sight I think?). Anyway, usually I really enjoy the "wilerness areas", and love filling in the map as I go.

Unless my game is messing up, Restless Isles does NOT work this way, and its bugging me. Is there a map to speak of at all? It seems that more than half the time I'm underground, and lost. Frankly, it all looks the same to me, and yet I'm supposed to be able to navigate this place. There are also enemies dropping things that I have no idea what they are for.

Still having 5 explorer locations to find in the huge world of "Sands", these "Isles" are obviously not what I was expecting. I assume that I have to do something here to advance the man story line? Do folks have any advice regarding how to navigate this place? Should I just map it?

I know that on the Wiki there are maps, but I like to play the game full screen and not have to be switching in and out all the time.

I remember years ago from Everquest that there was an atlas that you could purchase. Is there a DDO atlas for sale somewhere? I've looked online and can't seem to find one, which surprised me. As a wizard it is most helpful for me to know where the shrines are.

Thanks for your advice.

Yeah, DDO Wiki maps is the only option http://ddowiki.com/page/Map_of_The_Restless_Isles. Just print it so you don't have to swap. You need to pay attention to which direction you're going. Note: one explorer/rare is NOT ATTAINABLE without the Horrid Golden Figurine http://ddowiki.com/page/Horrid_Golden_Figurine (found in a gold pile at the end of Slavers of the Shrieking Mine). Worse is you have to use a new one each time you try for the rare (ugh).
    Last edited by madmaxhunter; 11-20-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Community Member

there is a great london underground style map on the wiki i like to use (meaning its not to scale but instead focuses on what joins up with what).

DDO has a fundamental flaw that it cant show us a map for both the inside and outside areas of a quest. most notable in tempest spine and the restless isle, everywhere else its less of a rabbit warren ergo less of a headache

you could try to map it out by hand, but it's going to be headache inducing.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

What's your level/server? If Sarlona and within level range, I can take you to all the rares/explorers in Sands in less than an hour (and still working on that last dang rare in Restless).
    Last edited by madmaxhunter; 11-20-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

The Hatchery

Even without the map it is manageable. just take only left turns to begin with for example. the area isn't that big as it seams. one explorer or is i a rare you can only get with the figurine out of shrieking mines.

it is one of the underestimated areas. give it a chance, it's worth it.
    Beste
    Titus

TitusOvid | Bruder | Upload

If you want to look at wiki without alt+tabbing out, you can link ddo wiki through the in game myddo page (ctrl+D).

-you can use the myddo browser to display any page you want right in the game without alt-tabbing. Including but not limited to youtube links of people showing how to speedrun a quest for example. *hint*
    To do so, open myddo ingame, click admin --> links and add new ones. They will display on your myddo home in a separate links tab.
    You could also load up wiki in your browser and play in windowed mode (alt+enter), then just click the tab at the bottom to switch between ddowiki and the game.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

I like the Restless Isles personally. Its hard at level. Its hard to find your way around. Lots of people say game is too easy then complain that Restless Isles is too hard. I do think they should give it a serious revamp though and bump it to level 14 - 17 as there is no shortage of xp at lvl 10 but almost a barren wasteland at 14 - 17. They could add a couple more quests and redo the loot. All the long time players who own it would get a free bonus and more people would be interested in buying it overhauled I think. Total win win all they way in my book.

Community Member

Yeah if you use the map on the wiki page it helps a lot. Would be nice to see this area go epic someday, Titan needs some love.
    Thelanis - Active Toons -> Gyversix, Lootforge, Reyvhin, Darkmeat, Yukka, Raypac

Leader of Solid