Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Actually, we keep getting told it is NOT a test server, it is a preview server. Just quoting Turbine's often reiterated position on this - unless they've changed?
    They did in fact change their tune on that last year or year before, and stated they were attempting to shift it from a preview to a test server. How well they've done on that is... debatable, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    They did in fact change their tune on that last year or year before, and stated they were attempting to shift it from a preview to a test server. How well they've done on that is... debatable, I suppose.
    OHHHH! Then I stand corrected!

see? I'm standing over here... corrected

Question

I wonder about those that rag about there not being a wipe when they want it. Squeaks said there would be a wipe soon. To me those that rag about no wipe do seem selfish imo maybe not idk. But you do give that impression when you rag about it and make other demands to the Devs. Or are you just to impatintent to wait?? I spend a lot of time on Lamannia when it is up and yes I do only have a F2P account atm due to the fact that what money i do have gose on hospital and doctor bills for treatment of cancer. I use to want things done now and could not wait to get what i wanted. But that changed, WHen i am on lamannia i file a bug report when i find a bug weither it be a small minor thing or something that may cause the quest to be uncompleteable. I have characters that i could copy but won't because i find it more interesting to build and test something new a different. As far as the bugs getting to live servers from here I have noticed that most were not on the preview server before going live imo i feel it is due to the large number of players on live as aposed to the preview server maybe not idk.
    So to rag and demand about not getting it when you want is is selfish and kind of childish the devs are doing the best they can this is not blizzard, sony or ea where they have tons of devs all mmo games have bugs.

And last To the Devs and staff of Turbine and DDO THANK YOU for doing a great job

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    OHHHH! Then I stand corrected!

see? I'm standing over here... corrected
    Little clearer now why I'm constantly pushing for release notes, release candidate builds up here prior to being pushed live, and clearer statements of intent in terms of desired functionality from a given game alteration? Isn't just to be a jackwagon. (That after all, comes naturally, according to my ex. ) It's also why I generally support wipes, so it's easier to do a side-by-side comparison.
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-28-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by irnimnode View Post
    I wonder about those that rag about there not being a wipe when they want it. Squeaks said there would be a wipe soon. To me those that rag about no wipe do seem selfish imo maybe not idk. But you do give that impression when you rag about it and make other demands to the Devs. Or are you just to impatintent to wait?? I spend a lot of time on Lamannia when it is up and yes I do only have a F2P account atm due to the fact that what money i do have gose on hospital and doctor bills for treatment of cancer. I use to want things done now and could not wait to get what i wanted. But that changed, WHen i am on lamannia i file a bug report when i find a bug weither it be a small minor thing or something that may cause the quest to be uncompleteable. I have characters that i could copy but won't because i find it more interesting to build and test something new a different. As far as the bugs getting to live servers from here I have noticed that most were not on the preview server before going live imo i feel it is due to the large number of players on live as aposed to the preview server maybe not idk.
    So to rag and demand about not getting it when you want is is selfish and kind of childish the devs are doing the best they can this is not blizzard, sony or ea where they have tons of devs all mmo games have bugs.

And last To the Devs and staff of Turbine and DDO THANK YOU for doing a great job
    This is an absolute non-sense wall of text.

Impatient to wait? I play on live, not like you and many others living on Lama. When I want to play, I log my account on the live server, where I bought everything and enjoy the whole game.

So you are admitting you have a F2P account (not premium) but enjoying the whole game without spending a cent? That's exactly my point and why there should be even more wipes.

You enjoy to test something different? And why would a wipe prevent you from doing that? I'll answer to my own question: it doesn't. it just prevents others to play on lama.

I'm not the selfish one here, be careful.

Oh and just cause: neg-repped me also

I for one am not worried about a wipe if it happens it happens no big deal. As far as my f2p account i have leveled my characters up the hard way just as you have done with your premium account /or vip and as i stated i add things to my account when i have the money to do so and i do not spend all my time on the preview server i play live as often as i can so what if it takes me longer to lvl up then most. But to demand a wipe when you want it just because you pay to play?? Is that not being selfish? Life dose not work that way we don't get what we want when we want it simply because we pay big bucks for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by irnimnode View Post
    I for one am not worried about a wipe if it happens it happens no big deal. As far as my f2p account i have leveled my characters up the hard way just as you have done with your premium account /or vip and as i stated i add things to my account when i have the money to do so and i do not spend all my time on the preview server i play live as often as i can so what if it takes me longer to lvl up then most. But to demand a wipe when you want it just because you pay to play?? Is that not being selfish? Life dose not work that way we don't get what we want when we want it simply because we pay big bucks for it.
    I'm not demanding anything firstly.

Second, I'm not asking it because I pay. I'm asking it because there is no reason not to ask for it. I and many others can't play on Lama because of this and if they wipe it, then we could ALL play and test.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Wink

I for one am happy that squeak didn't wipe I love previewing content on lamainia and I have friends over there that I cannot stand being away from so... Thank you squeaks!!!
    Last edited by Buttkierownsmade; 11-28-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Hello! I just want to give you a quick update on a couple of things:

1) I will not do a character wipe for U16p1. I need you to have pre-existing Lamannia characters for this patch.

2) There are still some things that need ironing out before we can open Lamannia. I promise I'll let you know as soon as I can!

Smiles,
    Squeak
    Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Hello! I just want to give you a quick update on a couple of things:

1) I will not do a character wipe for U16p1. I need you to have pre-existing Lamannia characters for this patch.

2) There are still some things that need ironing out before we can open Lamannia. I promise I'll let you know as soon as I can!

Smiles,
    Squeak
    Again, I can't participate in the preview as my Lama characters are in fairly unplayable states.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Exclamation

C'mon squeak, will you please open up lammainia tomorrow for me? i have friends that i cannot stand to be away from. Im dying here. :'(
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

I am a VIP that would love to see Lamannia back up also and am glad that there has been no wipe.
    I have 22 toons on Lamannia and 97 on live servers (I play alot) If character copy did actually work right I would still have 17 toons to recreate on Lama. My lowest at the moment is a 3rd life lvl 25 and highest is 6th life lvl 25 (which would be hard to recreate was hard getting them there)
    Dont get me wrong I have some really good toons on live I could copy over to Lama if they were to wipe but sadly can only copy 5 of them (again if character copy worked)
    Also I just wonder if it would be like the last wipe when the day after they wiped you had people asking for another wipe and have had since because there toon did not copy. Just a little thought for those of you crying for a wipe when if you had created a toon then you would have a nice one to run on Lama now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    He did Moms
    And I was almost right apparently, if it weren't for things that needed ironing out. but the 'or soon after' might still hold true

Squeek's statement of needing us to have pre-existing characters means, in my mind, that there is something in the patch meant to fix something on characters that are already on the server, and they need to see if that 'fix' works or not on Lammania. Of course, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by MrkGrismer; 11-29-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

so when is Lamannia going to open up?

Default Very, very desperate and needy :/

c'mon! plz open lama tomorrow plz? ?

edit: what's going on??? lama should've been up already....
    Last edited by Buttkierownsmade; 11-30-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    c'mon! plz open lama tomorrow plz? ?

edit: what's going on??? lama should've been up already....
    I'm guessing something 'bad' is going on with the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Talking

it is open i just did log in

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Yup! Lamannia is now Open again! I have started a new thread. Release Notes and Known Issues have been updated!
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 11-30-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234