Thread: Wts Passes

Community Member

Default Wts Passes

You need 100 favor to unlock Favored soul or Veteran status II ? Here you can find what you want!
    Accepting also payment with greater essence; value 250pp each.

-- Suspended --
    Last edited by Giorgwo; 11-20-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Community Member

Just a heads up I have been told by GMs in game that selling passes like this is a bannable offense. You may GIVE away a pass but if you are reported to admin for selling them you can get into trouble potentially.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    Just a heads up I have been told by GMs in game that selling passes like this is a bannable offense. You may GIVE away a pass but if you are reported to admin for selling them you can get into trouble potentially.
    So, it's perfectly fine to sell TP codes for plat/in-game items, and you can sell the companion pets for plat/in-game items, but you can't sell guest passes? Some of these random policies really confuse me.

Community Member

Ty for the info, the sellings is suspended till I've asked a GM.

I have thought long and hard about this particular scenario, and have a suggestion.

Giorgwo, there seems to be an honest way to get around the issue with the EULA:

1) Rephrase such that payment is not for the guest pass.
    2) State that payment is for the time it takes for you to party up with the person, buy the guest pass, and then activate it.
    3) State that payment for your time is expected in advance.

So then, you are not accepting compensation for the pass, but rather for your personal time. After all, it is not against the EULA for someone to spend in-game resources to "hire" someone else for something. It is only against the EULA to spend in-game resources on store items. By charging for your time, you are avoiding the entire grey area of "buying point codes."

The only gotcha I saw was the variable pricing if you did it this way, because it's implied that there is a price tier per guest pass, which further implies that you're sticking to your old pay-for-store-gear model. To avoid this potential pitfall:

4) Charge a flat rate.

The only solution I thought of was to establish an above-average fixed cost per customer so that you cover your expenses no matter which guest pass the customer selects.

Comments are welcome. Does this approach hold water?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alaunra2010 View Post
    I have thought long and hard about this particular scenario, and have a suggestion.

Giorgwo, there seems to be an honest way to get around the issue with the EULA:

1) Rephrase such that payment is not for the guest pass.
    2) State that payment is for the time it takes for you to party up with the person, buy the guest pass, and then activate it.
    3) State that payment for your time is expected in advance.

So then, you are not accepting compensation for the pass, but rather for your personal time. After all, it is not against the EULA for someone to spend in-game resources to "hire" someone else for something. It is only against the EULA to spend in-game resources on store items. By charging for your time, you are avoiding the entire grey area of "buying point codes."

The only gotcha I saw was the variable pricing if you did it this way, because it's implied that there is a price tier per guest pass, which further implies that you're sticking to your old pay-for-store-gear model. To avoid this potential pitfall:

4) Charge a flat rate.

The only solution I thought of was to establish an above-average fixed cost per customer so that you cover your expenses no matter which guest pass the customer selects.

Comments are welcome. Does this approach hold water?
    This still begs the question of why is it ok to sell the companion certificates for plat, but not the guest passes?

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    So, it's perfectly fine to sell TP codes for plat/in-game items, and you can sell the companion pets for plat/in-game items, but you can't sell guest passes? Some of these random policies really confuse me.
    Well, TP sales, and other newer store items have never officially been addressed. Technically, they are almost certainly against the rules but Turbine appears to be turning a very deliberate blind eye.

People HAVE in the past been suspended from the game for selling guest passes so its probably not a good idea to risk it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Well, TP sales, and other newer store items have never officially been addressed. Technically, they are almost certainly against the rules but Turbine appears to be turning a very deliberate blind eye.

People HAVE in the past been suspended from the game for selling guest passes so its probably not a good idea to risk it.
    With all of the publicity that selling TP codes has received over the past few months, Turbine not making a statement is effectively the same as saying that is ok. All they are doing is leaving themselves a cheesy loophole in case they change their minds somewhere down the line. I am not saying that selling guest passes, pets, or TP codes is ok, or even with the bounds of the rules, but if they are going to ban people for offense, then look the other way for what amounts to the exact same offense, how are we to have any respect for their rules or their rule enforcement?

...if they are going to ban people for offense, then look the other way for what amounts to the exact same offense, how are we to have any respect for their rules or their rule enforcement?
    Would you quit playing the game if this did happen?
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

With all of the publicity that selling TP codes has received over the past few months, Turbine not making a statement is effectively the same as saying that is ok. All they are doing is leaving themselves a cheesy loophole in case they change their minds somewhere down the line. I am not saying that selling guest passes, pets, or TP codes is ok, or even with the bounds of the rules, but if they are going to ban people for offense, then look the other way for what amounts to the exact same offense, how are we to have any respect for their rules or their rule enforcement?
    Exactly, that what I meant by blind eye. But since they took a very deliberate stand against guest pass sales in the past (the only thing they actually came out and said would get you banned and for which they did ban people), that might still be one to avoid, just to be safe.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Would you quit playing the game if this did happen?
    Personally, no, because this specific issue has little actual bearing on me. I would however be quite skeptical of future additions to the game that would fall under similar questionable circumstances. If an issue like this were to directly affect me, then yes, I probably would quit playing this game, and any other turbine product.

From that response, then I believe Turbine probably doesn't care what people think if they ever ban someone for this, because it obviously is not going to affect enough people on a personal level to have any real detriment to their income.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

This still begs the question of why is it ok to sell the companion certificates for plat, but not the guest passes?
    Hello shadereaper33,

If that's the question I beg, then I communicated very poorly. I think I should re-assert my position:

If we would simply shift the focus of the sale from a good to a service, we may escape the EULA's net.

Even now, folks are sort of going back-and-forth on whether something is in the EULA or not... how we would react to an enforcement action against someone else for violating the EULA on these grounds... that discussion could go on ad infinitum. Until an official from Turbine decides to finally throw down a "YES YOU CAN" or "NO YOU CAN'T," there will always be enough wiggle room to argue either side.

But that's just it! I'm not arguing whether it's OK to sell a certificate but not a guest pass. I'm saying that a seller doesn't have to put herself in a position where she's selling either one, and even then, she can still manage to transfer these items from herself to others who desire them.

Community Member

Odd that guest passes would be frowned upon when raid bypass timers are specifically made to be tradeable and auctionable.