Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Petition: Make Eveningstar Challenge Ingriedents BTA!

I think Eveningstar Challenges would be ran more if the Ingredients were made BTA.

I have a few toons who are having issues with a few of the challenges and there are never any groups up for this. When groups are put up for these they never fill or my toons are not the right level or class.

Anyone else interested in making the ingredients BTA?
    Fist and Faith
    Musashi DragonClaw
    Thelanis Warclaws, DragonClaws, MusashiCLAW, Warsclaw
    www.C-L-A-W.org

/SIGNED

I run the Cannith challenges all the time on dozens of characters at various stages of their leveling careers when I only have a short time for play mostly for fun. I do this even if I'm not building anything specific because I know I will eventually use the ingredients on some character at some point.

I almost never run the Eveningstar challenges except on two characters who are dedicated to the gear. I'd love to run them on my sorcerer or paladin or monk a few times just for fun but if I'm not going to grind out the ingredients to get gear for those individual characters it is a HUGE disincentive for playing the challenges even once per character.

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

/SIGNED

Dont think any Devs have acknowledged the pleas for these ing to be BtA yet. If they have and you have a link please share.

I havent been able to come up with a solid reason as to why they were made this way.

DDO had a big win with the original cannith challenge system with ing bound to account.

DDO had a big fail with Eveningstar challenges mostly because of bugs<-seem to be sorted out now) but also due to ing being bound to character.

I enjoyed farming cannith ing with guildies when everyone jumped on their best toon for the job and got it done.

Eveningstar challenges require going in on non ideal toons....they would be farmed more regularly if peeps could take any of their toons and farm farm farm then drop the ing in the shared bank...

I believe if this change is made the challenges would be run more frequently, by more of the player base and everyone would be happy!!
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Community Member

/signed.

/signed!

Stoner81.

Community Member

/signed

/signed

/signed.

plain and simple.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Community Member

/signed

DDO has some real schizophrenia when it comes to things like this, with the rules all over the place.

Mabar - Raw ingredients (motes, lich, fangs) all open, scales (and keys if that matters) BTA, while all final stuff is BTC. This means that NO ONE can run this series with the idea of making stuff just in case for a new character for example. It also means that to really outfit a character you need to create 2 or 3 iterations of the same item for those 4 level bumps, a real disincentive for some (plus those take up storage/bank space).

Ice Festival stuff - recipes et all, that have some weirdo restrictions for no apparently good reason. I can mail them but I can't trade them? Buffs only on "generic" items, but it will be interesting to see if those still apply on the categories of items now.

Alchemetical Buffs are cool, but end up BTCing the item, which can put a real damper on using them for less than end game level stuff, unless it is more or less disposable.

Shroud drops - Can trade all sort of stuff (except for the power shards) including base GS until you craft the final item. Then it is BTC. Given that it was end game gear (at the time) it was acceptable, but now much of that gear can be surpassed by better items (much, not all).

Cannith crafting: Nicely done ingredients, and since the feature is there 24/7/365 (or least as often as the servers are up), you do not need to craft multiple version, but can wait until the character using the item is ready and decide if the next upgrade is worth it at that time. (Once I clear out all those old challenge tokens the new universal tokens are a very good replacement...)

Crystal Cove crafting: Gems and gear pretty much interchangeable on the account. Items all BTA which is good until you get to EPIC levels (and if they changed that, I missed it) where they became BTC. Again if making end game gear, fixing it to be BTC when the "grind" is pretty easy is not a big deal.

The new Eveningstar challenges and the certs being BTC are a pain. Its not like the certs are dropping like raindrops. Perhaps put a requirement in sort of like the Shroud, where you need to get a completed stone (from the 5 quests) and then you could use any BTA certs to get stuff. This would avoid total twinking of characters, but would allow some flexibility in which characters you play on repeated runs of those quests or areas. Having the gear you get being BTC is ok.

So meta rules should be:

Ingredients if trivial to get or are from limited run events should be "freely" tradeable (aka item drops in Mabar) or motes/recipes from Ice Festival.

Ingredients you can purchase in the store should be freely tradeable since they are also easy to get. ie shroud stuff

Ingredients like Cannith, or the Eveningstar should be at worst BTA.

Items you make should ALL be BTA after crafting them.

Exceptions would be for EPIC level items which could be BTC after crafting.

Having crafted items of less than ML20 being BTC is a pain and often a disincentive to run certain events more often. I know the current Mabar run is getting pretty thin at some levels since you cannot make any of the items "just in case" but they have to be for specific already existing characters. The ML20 and under stuff is often pretty good, but no longer head and shoulders better than many random drops can be these days.

Just some thought while the last of the turkey is running thru the system.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

/signed
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

These ingredients are more than likely never going to be BTA as long as they give away free tokens for access to this content. I am sure they learned their lesson in making the ingredients BTA in Cannith. It was easy to craft what you needed without buying the pack, just get the free tokens on multiple characters, farm it on these characters and then gather the ingredients to the character that needs them. Turbine never saw a dime.

They fixed this problem with the Eveningstar challenges, yes you can still do it, but it now will take longer to accomplish, and may need to be farmed on a character that is not the best for the task.

What they could do is make the ingredients BTA for people that have purchased the challenge pack though.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    *snip*
    Nice layout. +1

I agree; I would emphasize, imo, any sub level 20 ingredient should not have a BtC or BtA designation.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Ill go even further, ALL ingredients/collectables to be either unbound or bound to account.

preferably unbound.

Why not let me help a freind grind for an item they want?

any ways
    /signed.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    These ingredients are more than likely never going to be BTA as long as they give away free tokens for access to this content. I am sure they learned their lesson in making the ingredients BTA in Cannith. It was easy to craft what you needed without buying the pack, just get the free tokens on multiple characters, farm it on these characters and then gather the ingredients to the character that needs them. Turbine never saw a dime.

They fixed this problem with the Eveningstar challenges, yes you can still do it, but it now will take longer to accomplish, and may need to be farmed on a character that is not the best for the task.

What they could do is make the ingredients BTA for people that have purchased the challenge pack though.

Granted, but how about this as a way to address that problem.

Items created from Day X and moving onwards in the evening star (or Cannith) systems will be BtC, unless when the code checks, you Own the adventures, in which case the items will be BtA. All previously created items retain their old settings, just any NEW items take on those characteristics. This would be a nice incentive for some to up and purchase the expansion if this perk was given.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post

Yuo point out a legitimate issue here, The best solution I can see to this is X universal challenge tokens per ACCOUNT per day.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

I'll one up you here- All challenge ingredients should be UNBOUND and fully tradeable. they would make a nice addition to the game economy.

As far as the silliness about tokens etc it is easy- take them out of the game period. People don't get a token to run a free shroud once a month, and those ingredients are fully unbound. You can make a gs item without owning the pack at all. That is as it should be, IMO.

/signed
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

/signed
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    I'll one up you here- All challenge ingredients should be UNBOUND and fully tradeable. they would make a nice addition to the game economy.

As far as the silliness about tokens etc it is easy- take them out of the game period. People don't get a token to run a free shroud once a month, and those ingredients are fully unbound. You can make a gs item without owning the pack at all. That is as it should be, IMO.
    You still can't make a shroud item without running shroud (or a quest that drop shards). If all ingredients for making a challenge item are unbound then they would need to make the vendor exclusive to those who bought the pack.

The BTA/BTC status of items/ingredients is partially there to help sell the packs. This incentive needs to stay in some form or another.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast