Default Do heroic quests give epic XP after lvl 20?

My main is lvl 18, with 19 banked, and I am a couple of bubbles away from 20. This is my first character. My question is this: When I hit 20, do I have to run epic quests to get epic xp? Or can I run high-end (18-20) heroic quests and get xp towards epic levels?

On another note, do my questions make sense? I am a little confused about how the epic vs heroic xp works past 20. Thanks in advance!

I found the answer to my own question:

"Characters earn "Epic Experience points" from any experience gain, but Epic dungeons will usually give you more experience than Heroic dungeons. A character that reaches Heroic level 20 will automatically begin to accumulate Epic Experience, progressing through Epic levels 21 through 25. XP required to level is identical for all characters, regardless of number of TR's."

Source: http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_levels

Community Member

If I recall correctly, the heroic quest level has to be level 20 or higher for you to gain xp on your epic levels and destinies. I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting xp from running shroud, even on elite which makes it level 19 quest. So any lvl 18 quest ran on elite should work, or any level 19 quest on hard/elite should work as well. I might be wrong but like I said I don't recall getting epic xp running shroud.
    Thelanis - Active Toons -> Gyversix, Lootforge, Reyvhin, Darkmeat, Yukka, Raypac

Leader of Solid

Quote Originally Posted by KingofDiamondz View Post
    If I recall correctly, the heroic quest level has to be level 20 or higher for you to gain xp on your epic levels and destinies. I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting xp from running shroud, even on elite which makes it level 19 quest. So any lvl 18 quest ran on elite should work, or any level 19 quest on hard/elite should work as well. I might be wrong but like I said I don't recall getting epic xp running shroud.

thats probably because of the level range difference and/or repeatpenalties. I ran it on a Level 24 character last night (first time on Elite) and got about 17k when it was all said and done.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

You get heroic xp applied to your epic levels, yes, but the thing to remember is that epic quests give 3x the xp of heroic quests. So while your typical epic quest is giving you 40k, a heroic quest will give you like 10k.

I think (and I may be remembering this from the testing) that heroic XP won't advance your Destiny however.

So in order to advance that you need to be running Epic content.

I could have that wrong though, I haven't personally checked to see if that is what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    I think (and I may be remembering this from the testing) that heroic XP won't advance your Destiny however.
    It will. Xp is xp.

There is no difference,its all xp and all goes to your destinies and epic lvls.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    There is no difference,its all xp and all goes to your destinies and epic lvls.
    ^

Yup I've finished off an ED level from farming high lvl heroics for gear.

Community Member TheHolyDarkness's Avatar

Its all xp.

Typical xp amounts at high heroic levels is in the neighborhood of 10k-15k.

Thing is, Epic levels require x3 the xp to advance. Thus they give typical amounts in the 30k-35k range.

If you're epic level and you do a heroic quest, you'll still get your 10k. But percentage wise, it won't feel like you've advanced very far.

Imagine if you were level 19 and they allowed you to farm waterworks without penalty. Sure you got "full" xp, but...1-3k just doesn't quite fill you up anymore.

~Out~
    Last edited by TheHolyDarkness; 11-23-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    "A man can remake the entire world, if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."