Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Dance With Flowers

Does this still currently only work while unarmed? Or is it working with Ki weapons as you would expect it to?
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

I asked this quesion a while back and did not receive an answer so I ask again, does a dance with flowers currently only work with unarmed or have they fixed it to work with ki weapons while centered as well?

Although it doesn't show up on the Inventory bar or examination panel. Yes. It does increase the damage done by Ki weapons.

Have fun.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 16 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 8)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Incidentally, if anyone is also wondering, that the Dancing with Flames damage boost also boosts damage from Ki weapons whilst centered. Including whilst in Fire Stance. Meaning a currently + 3.0[W] + 3 damage for your Ki weapon if using this as well as Dance of Flowers.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 16 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 8)
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

For those interested:

---
    Damage Observation (not a full exhaustive test)

Celestia (2.5[1d10])

Improved Martial Arts only: +0.5
    Strength: 11 modifier
    Shintao: +2
    Fabricator: +2

24 min
    46 max

---

Improved Martial Arts: +0.5
    Strength: 11 Modifier
    Destiny: +1.5

32 min
    59 max

---

Improved Martial Arts: +0.5
    Destiny: +1.5
    Stance: +1.5, +3 Damage
    Strength: 12 modifier

40 min
    77 max

---

Not 100% certain that Improved Martial Arts is adding, but the Destiny certainly is adding to the base damage.

But yes, those thinking about it. Celestia now can reach 2.5 base + 0.5 Improved Martial Arts feat + 1.5 Dance of Flowers + 1.5 Dancing with Flames (Fire Stance) + 1.0 Deadly Weapons. 7.0[1d10] base damage.

Another weapon of note that would do a bit of damage with these mods would be Tesyus (4d[1d8]) becoming 8.5[1d8] base damage. A shame it can't be used anywhere else but in that one quest.

J1NG

Community Member

J1ng,

Any chance you could double check bows, staves and kama for us?

I won't be back in game until another hour roughly. But if no one else has tested. Sure, I can go test them as well.

J1NG

Does stunning fist also works with Ki weapons? shortswords (with pre) Kamas, quarterstaffs, etc?

Good to know, the Qstaffs users out there getting a nice twist ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaragum View Post
    Does stunning fist also works with Ki weapons? shortswords (with pre) Kamas, quarterstaffs, etc?

Good to know, the Qstaffs users out there getting a nice twist ED.
    No, stunning fist ONLY works with unarmed. Touch of Death also only works unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Although it doesn't show up on the Inventory bar or examination panel. Yes. It does increase the damage done by Ki weapons.

Have fun.

J1NG
    Thanks J1NG. My acro/monk split is going to love this =-D

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    Thanks J1NG. My acro/monk split is going to love this =-D
    Well, don't thank me just yet. For all we know only certain weapon types are working with the Destiny boosts. I hope not, but let me double check each Ki weapon type to confirm first.

Guaranteed Ki weapons that work (personally tested): (As of Update 16, Patch 1, Hotfix 1)
    Longsword
    Short sword
    Unarmed

J1NG

:: edit ::

Guaranteed Ki weapons that work (personally tested): (As of Update 16, Patch 1, Hotfix 1)
    Longsword
    Short sword
    Kama
    Quarterstaff
    Unarmed
    Last edited by J1NG; 12-26-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Updated test

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    No, stunning fist ONLY works with unarmed. Touch of Death also only works unarmed.
    for those who are keeping track, i believe quivering palm also only works with unarmed.

Final update:

Longsword
    Short sword
    Kama
    Quarterstaff
    Unarmed

Weapons that still do not work with A Dance of Flowers or Dancing with Flames: (As of Update 16, Patch 1, Hotfix 1)
    Longbows
    Short bows

I have not tested Shuriken as the base damage is so low in the first place. Even at 6.0[1d2] I don't think we'd see much point to it.

However... If there is a demand for it...

But yeah, all melee weapons (and maybe the Shuriken, dunno about that one) will work with A Dance of Flowers and Dancing with Flames. However, all bows currently do not work with it. (Tests show they produce exactly the same damage as of the test version listed above)

J1NG

:: edit ::

Never mind, I got bored. Shruikens also are not affected by the Destiny. So all ranged have issues. All melee are working fine.

Final update (no really, it is this time ):

Longsword
    Short sword
    Kama
    Quarterstaff
    Unarmed
    Weapons that still do not work with A Dance of Flowers or Dancing with Flames: (As of Update 16, Patch 1, Hotfix 1)

Longbows
    Short bows
    Shuriken
    Last edited by J1NG; 12-26-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Tested Shruiken as well

pretty sure dancing with flame only adds .75[w] at rank 3 o_O
    don't forget to add in improved power attack
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    pretty sure dancing with flame only adds .75[w] at rank 3 o_O
    don't forget to add in improved power attack
    Description error, or not WAI.

I don't know which as I'm not a Dev, I'm only reporting what I have tested.

That +1.5 from Dancing with Flames was discovered via Unarmed. Try it yourself.

J1NG

Curious about Midnight's Greetings. I have a rogue who uses an epic pair of these, and has leveled the GMoF destiny.

Unfortunately I'm too lazy to test

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Curious about Midnight's Greetings. I have a rogue who uses an epic pair of these, and has leveled the GMoF destiny.

Unfortunately I'm too lazy to test
    You posted that just to get me curious enough to go pick up a Midnight Greetings and then go test it didn't you?

Although, I'm going to guess it will work as it's a melee weapon.

Those curious, I HAVE tested that an Epic Sword of Shadows doesn't get boosted as you become uncentered. So don't bother trying that.

J1NG

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Description error, or not WAI.

I don't know which as I'm not a Dev, I'm only reporting what I have tested.

That +1.5 from Dancing with Flames was discovered via Unarmed. Try it yourself.

J1NG
    interesting
    if it's meant to be 1.5[w] bonus, then woot~! XD
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Thank you for the trouble and time you took finding it out

Midnight Greetings does get boosted as well.

Yes, I just went and grabbed one to test.

J1NG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast