Community Member

Default How does spell power buffs affects passive damage procs?

Hello readers! Well, this is a question I carry with me since a longtime ago, not sure if someone already tested this, not sure if someone can test this. The question is:

Q: "How does metamagics(Empower and Maximize)/potency/enchantments affects Shiradi Champions passive damage procs (Fey Power, Prism, Rainbow, Double Rainbow)?"

Q1: Does they affect? If yes, which of them?
    Q2: If metamgics affect, I just need to leave it turned on or it must be within the spell I cast? (Example: I have Maximize turned on, but I just select it to affect one of my spells. I have a magic missile that cost 4sp and one that cost 4+25sp, their proc is the same?)
    Q3: How does metamagics affect bow/throwing weapons users?

Please, if you going to answer, answer Q1, Q2 or/and Q3!

Thanks for reading, Shyrius.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Spellpower & crit chance effect them (including force enhancements boosting the damage from Wild Shots), but metamagics don't appear to from what i've seen - though i haven't tested it properly.

My general tactic for my evocation archmage shiradi is to use SLAs with full metamagics (because why wouldn't i?), then have non-meta'ed magic missle, chain missile, sonic blast, acid arrow etc. & use them for most of my casting - every DoT tick, every individual missile etc. has a chance to proc the special effects & extra damage so it's generally more efficient to rely on the procs for the majority of the damage & just maximise the number of chances for them to occur than use high-damage single spells.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Spellpower & crit chance effect them (including force enhancements boosting the damage from Wild Shots), but metamagics don't appear to from what i've seen - though i haven't tested it properly.

My general tactic for my evocation archmage shiradi is to use SLAs with full metamagics (because why wouldn't i?), then have non-meta'ed magic missle, chain missile, sonic blast, acid arrow etc. & use them for most of my casting - every DoT tick, every individual missile etc. has a chance to proc the special effects & extra damage so it's generally more efficient to rely on the procs for the majority of the damage & just maximise the number of chances for them to occur than use high-damage single spells.
    *pst* you there, yeah you... Meteor swarm!
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrargh View Post
    *pst* you there, yeah you... Meteor swarm!
    Well naturally.. also acid fog, acid rain, incendiary cloud & ice storm when more stationary & against groups... anything with lots of procs & low cost is effective. If i ever get around to grinding out the other destinies (unlikely for me tbh), twisting in stormrage from primal avatar would be a nice addition too - i have a feeling that those lightning damage procs would likely also proc shiradi effects... once i get primal high enough will twist in stay frosty & check it out. As it is, my only twists on that guy at the moment are boulder toss & rejuvenation coccoon.
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 11-19-2012 at 04:37 AM.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.