Default Intel Rq'd Presents: Turkey Day Give Away! More info inside

Hello, Orien!

Saturday, November, 24, Intel Rq'd will be hosting a Turkey Day Give Away event. This idea originally belongs to the guild High Rollers, Canith, that has been doing a similar event for over a couple years now. The idea is very simple. If you have good items collecting dust in your TR caches and/or in your shared bank why not to give it away to other players on your server that can put them to good use!

Here is how it is going to happen. On Saturday morning around noon you will see a post on lfm by Intel Rq'd guild members that will say something like: "Turkey Day Give Away: Rules Inside". This will be a raid group (12 people) and anyone is welcome to join them (though we would prefer new players over old veterans or players from unknown small guild over big and established guilds). There will be several groups posted at different times that will differ by lvl range of the items that will be offered for roll (for example at 4pm we can roll lvl 1-10 items and then an hour later we will roll lvl 11-20 items or something like that). When the group is full, items will be linked into party chat (one by one) and people will be offered to roll on them.The items then will be traded or sent by mail to the highest rollers. We will have a strict 2 item limit per person and once someone has 2 items, we will request that they drop group to allow others to join. Items that will be given away will include useful random lootgen items, sets of +1 and +2 tomes, rare items, plat, consumables, collectables etc. We will try to give away things that hopefully will be useful to people.

Some of these rules may change as we will get closer to Saturday. I will keep you updated

If you would like to contribute to the Turkey Day Give Away (by contributing some of your items for roll or giving us a hand in organizing the event), please contact Simralin (or any other toons of mine though I will be mostly on Sim this week), Kharyzma or Dynomight in game.

Looking forward seeing you all in the game and of course, happy hunting!
    Last edited by laniza; 11-24-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    “DDO Tip #321 : Wait till the Beholder blinks"

Community Member

Help newbs AND clear out my inventory/TR cache/bank of clutter? Oh my. This sounds wonderful! Good on ya folks, I'll be mailing you tons of stuff when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Varashad View Post
    Help newbs AND clear out my inventory/TR cache/bank of clutter? Oh my. This sounds wonderful! Good on ya folks, I'll be mailing you tons of stuff when I get the chance.
    I know, right? ^^

Also mailing stuff to me may become an issue quite soon as I am slowly running out of space..... If you will not be able to mail all you have, find me in game (ill be mostly on Simralin) and ill hook you up with my storage toon

And thanks again to everyone who has contacted me so far. We already have collected over 100 items including bunch of +2 tomes, tod boots sets, shroud mats, major pots and even BTCOE U16 items and its only Tuesday.....

I'll keep everyone updated and happy hunting all

This sounds really interesting, I am looking forward to participating!
    I went outside once. The graphics were amazing but the gameplay and storyline were terrible.

We decided to push event a bit later and will start at 4 PM EAST instead.

Hope to see you there and happy hunting.

Community Member

Thank you guys for my kobold shaman pet, but even bigger thanks for organizing this nice and heartwarming event.

Axemage
    Last edited by Axemage; 11-24-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Wow, that was one hell of event! We started at 4 PM East and barely finished at 8.30. All these 4 hours were spent on rolling different items, trading them to people, rolling them again......^^

Thank you very much everyone for coming. A lot of nice items were given away including +3 heart of wood, red scales, EH versions of wall of wood, leaves of the forest and other U14 and U16 items, large devil scales, pets certificates, lots of +2 tomes and much much more

Our special thanks go to our generous donors: Simralin (IR), Dynomight (IR), Alcena (IR), Elmarn (IR), Trap (IR), Chirpy (IR), Ssnake (IR), Drykill (IR), Demara (IR), Pheron (IR), Locomeck (IR), Intimitank (IR), Llegolas (Myth Adventurers), Soyoucalled (Bard's Tale), Vvork (Matrix), Zeffie (OR), Wolfiey (Naughty Desires), and Olathural (Forever Knights).

And special special thanks to Dyno, Chirpy and Ola that helped to keep groups going for all 4 hours

Here some screenshots:

This was a lot of fun. We will surely will be doing it again sometime in the future
    Last edited by laniza; 11-24-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laniza View Post

Our special thanks go to our generous donors: Simralin (IR), Dynomight (IR), Alcena (IR), Elmarn (IR), Trap (IR), Chirpy (IR), Ssnake (IR), Drykill (IR), Demara (IR), Pheron (IR), Locomeck (IR), Intimitank (IR), Llegolas (Myth Adventurers), Soyoucalled (Bard's Tale), Vvork (Matrix), Zeffie (OR), Wolfiey (Naughty Desires), and Olathural (Forever Knights).
    What one of you dirt bags hacked my account and gave my loots away???? I will find out who it was and we will have words!!!

J/K awesome job folks.

Trap

~Icon~, ~Darkblight~, ~Blaklotus~, ~Trappedn~ and Trapnhaggle

Quote Originally Posted by M0NKEYB0Y View Post
    What one of you dirt bags hacked my account and gave my loots away???? I will find out who it was and we will have words!!!

J/K awesome job folks.

Trap
    Go away Trap no one loves you <3

This was a very fun and interesting event.. I'm glad to have been both a donor and helper for it ^-^ My Bags are a lot lighter now XD.. Just want to also add... after this event.. I ran Abbot 3x in a row.. and on my first run, got Litany.. second run Quiver.. Third run.. nuffin XD This even brought great karma upon myself and those who helped with either donations or rolling off the items

Community Member

Just wanted to add my thanks for the great event!

Sorry I missed it. I didn't see this thread until the chronicle came out today... 4 days late.

I'm glad you had a great time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    Sorry I missed it. I didn't see this thread until the chronicle came out today... 4 days late.

I'm glad you had a great time with it.
    Wow I did not even know they will mention us: http://my.ddo.com/turbinecommunity/2...ber-23rd-2012/

Anyways, I am sorry you missed it, it was a lot of fun and there were a lot of nice items rolled that hopefully people are using right now And just as heads up, we will be doing something similar in the future; so far it looks like it is going to happen on Fools Day and the rules will be altered a little to add an element of surprise to it I am looking forward to see you there then