Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has anyone ever gotten actual help from posting a Trouble Ticket?

Could in game help be more worthless? Over my DDO career I've posted for help personally 4 times. Here they are and here are the net results:

1. Me (11/18/2012): In Caverns of Korromar. Did quest and killed beholder to see "Restore the Flame of Turian": 1 Left" shoing up. There are not any mephets floating aroudn and I'm pretty sure we couldn't advance if they didnt all die. Need them retriggered or quest compleated please. Also as a side bar, while fighting in a different dig site i would sucked into a wall, and deposited into the tavern in house D!! Never experianced anything liek that before. So reentered and contued. Unrelated issue to what has us stuck now.

Result: The issue you have described is either not a currently known issue that the In-Game Support team can assist with, or cannot be resolved with the information you have provided. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://forums.ddo.com/new_bug.php?. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.

2. Me (8/26/2012): Used a Greater Heart +3 to adapt my Completionist character Varr from his temporary 18/2 Lich/Rogue to my end build.....a 18/1/1 Lich/Rogue/Monk. Because of the levels in epic (24) at the moment, when I get to level 18/1 and am ready to switch my second level of rogue to Monk, Thealeh Auryath will not allow me to do so stating that it will be a 4th class and I must surly be wrong. I would be extactic if this can be functonally fixed so I can play Varr the way I would like, but if not possible would like to get a returned +3 Greater Heart to use when the system is fixed enough to allow my adaptation. Can I either get this fixed so I can take Level 20 as my third class, Monk...........or get a temporary fix, a returned Greater Heart so I can play this mix down the road once the leveler is fixed?

Result: Your report indicates a known issue. This issue is being investigated by our development team. Unfortunately the In-Game Support team does not have any additional information about this issue and cannot provide you with a resolution at this time. All of our known issues can be found at http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=150534. Checking the forums frequently will keep you up to date with official information and announcements about the game. - +xxxxxx+
    08/26/12 08:11 PM Waited 20 min, then relogged and tried again, same results. Took second level of Rogue again.........significanlty weakend my spell casting to enhance the punching monk melee that I don't have. If this can be fixed and a heart sent to me, I can gimp along for a week and do it in 7 days. I did pay TP to change from TN to LN for the Monk level. Any help would be apprecaited.

3. Me (11/26/2011): Second maze of Tome of the tormented, rat is not moving up the ramp to allow us to the third maze room. We have run the rat back and forth to the location that should triger the rat to accend. We have also tried a second rat to the end or maze 2.

Result: The issue you have described is either not a currently known issue that the In-Game Support team can assist with, or cannot be resolved with the information you have provided. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://forums.ddo.com/new_bug.php?. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.

4. Me (7/17/2010): My Tr res bank is not opening, I have purchased a 4th and 5th slot and know there is a problem currenlty that requires a Senior gm to fix. Please address this for me, Varr of Cannith.

Result: The issue you have reported requires additional research and is being escalated for further review. We will contact you if we need additional information to investigate the problem, or if new details can be provided about this issue. At times, research can take several days as the In-Game Support team often works with other departments to find the appropriate resolution to your issue. Please be patient while we work to resolve this issue for you.

I know...........of course no one else has gotten actual help as well. Sarcastic post, generated due to frustration. The featuer ought to be disabled as is worse than unproductive, it is hope dashing as offering the hint of false promise.
    Varr's all over. Sarlona Varrr getting the love currently.

Community Member

Nope, I'm personally 0/2

First ticket, solved the puzzle in monastery of scorpion and nothing happened, then sanyassi killed us all. In game support said "you took too long to solve it" then failed to comprehend we solved it in ~30 seconds.

Second ticket was yesterday: fire giant boss in stealer of souls (in the fire room) got stuck in a wall, couldn't kill him..waited 25 minutes for a response, then got booted from the quest and literally 30 seconds after being booted from the instance "hi, how can I help you? .....i see you are no longer in the instance, there is nothing I can do to help you. Goodbye"

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have. I had a vampire stuck in a wall in Temple of Vol, and the gm kindly shoved him back out to where I could get him to advance the quest. We had a key fall through the floor in Chains of Flames, and when he was unable to get the thing out of the floor, he removed the door so we could continue onward. That key was stubborn.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I have a few times.

Doing Von 2 the boss spawned inside the steps and couldn't be reached, gm answered in about 5 min, moved her out while half the party was afk, and she made short work of them, but we completed.

Another time in delirium someone ran into the boss room by himself, got killed and the door would not open for the rest of us, gm responded in about 7 min and opened the door, or reset the encounter, not sure which.
    Last edited by Lonnbeimnech; 11-18-2012 at 12:09 PM.

I had a golem stuck in the optional in fleshmakers lab once. Guy respawned it for me so I could get complete and get the chest. All done in about 15 minutes.

Also my sorc died because she fell in lava in Tempest Spine fighting Fire. Her stone fell to the bottom, but then while dead, she couldn't get though the surface of the lava to jump out to be rezzed. Ticket, actually a few tickets because I had to afk a few times due to sick kid, and they moved my stone out of the lava. i asked them to teleport it closer to the group, but no go.

I'm sitting about 7/10 for my tickets and I've been playing 5 years.

One of the ones I remember they couldn't fix was one of those bank errors. I lagged and lost an item (just some named leather armor) and I felt it coming on, took a screenshot before the item disappeared and another after it was gone. They told me they couldn't do anything. Submitted a bug report and included the screenshots and detailed exactly what I did including /loc information. But end result was no leather armor which honestly I didn't care about in the first place... but figured it might be an opportunity to help out turbine a bit in discovering what this issue was/is.

I've posted ~5 and gotten no responses... usually wait anywhere from 5-20 min then give up because i cant even get gms to respond to my tickets
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

10/02/11

Posted:
    The General manager in Bargain of Blood epic stuck on the SE corner in the wall. not moving, intimi/bluff/pulling doesn't help.

half party opened ticket - no answer in about 30 minutes. we quit.

6 hours later...

Answer:
    Thank you for your request for assistance. Unfortunately we have to close this request as you were away, non-responsive or offline at the time we were able to assist you. The issue you are reporting cannot be resolved while you are offline. If you have a similar issue in the future, please submit a new help request.

10/08/11
    Posted:
    Screenshot tells everything: http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9...shot00005d.jpg no other comment. tried to check at other trainer. tried client restart. no change.

(as link is dead now: I couldn't reset enhancements, because it was showing like ~20.000 hours will need to pass until I'll be able to reset again).

GM showed up in about 10 minutes and resolved problem.

10/26/11
    Posted:
    My Hireling, (lvl 16 Cleric, Natasha Thorston) stuck in the quest Coalasence Chamber. Does not move, not reacting, not following.

Not sure when GM closed ticket, but I'm sure I wasn't there anymore (asked a guildy to help out if I remember well).

Answer:
    The issue you have described is either not a currently known issue that the In-Game Support team can assist with, or cannot be resolved with the information you have provided. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://forums.ddo.com/new_bug.php?. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.

11/20/11
    Posted:
    I have lost ALL bravery bonus after completing Necro 2 flag quests and taking the Shadow Crypt quest. I've done ALL quests so far on elite difficulty, except for Devil Assault on level 6, which does not break the streak.

Yeah I know, just screw it and move on, but at least a "we'll investigate or something would be appreciated.

Answer:
    The issue you have described is either not a currently known issue that the In-Game Support team can assist with, or cannot be resolved with the information you have provided. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://forums.ddo.com/new_bug.php?. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.

01/29/12
    Posted:
    Just upgraded my Treason (named Short Sword) in Gianthold, seal lost, item not changed. Please fix if you can, or give seal back.

Answer:
    We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately the In-Game Support team is unable to grant, replace or restore any in-game content or quest progression.

(which we all know is a lie - it depends solely on attitude of GM)

11/17/12
    Posted:
    Monster stucked in 'Caught in the Web' quest making it inclompleteable. Please assist asap!

We were in EH, 2 mobs stucked in the wall... Half the raid group opened ticket - no reply to any tickets in half an hour... :/ Fortunatly we could solve it with FVS archon + randomly throwing spells .

Mine was closed when I switched toon for completion (really ! Logut - login on other toon, 30 seconds !)
    Answer:
    Thank you for your request for assistance. Unfortunately we have to close this request as you were away, non-responsive or offline at the time we were able to assist you. The issue you are reporting cannot be resolved while you are offline. If you have a similar issue in the future, please submit a new help request.

Party members just replied 'lol' .

All in all - 6 tickets and 1 helpful act. I'd say in return I expect to pay 1 month of VIP and get it for 6 month ... '[/sarcasm]'
    -- CANNITH --
    -- Leader of Csodaszarvas --
    Hulligan / Hegyomlas / Shearnily / Ithril

I think it might be a good idea for someone at Turbine to list exactly what a GM CAN do so that we all know up front and don't waste time with tickets that get us nowhere. I say that in all seriousness. We have a GM system in place but nowhere to look for rules and guidelines on how it's supposed to be used so hundreds of tickets get filed each day with only a handful able to be resolved by GM support. A small FAQ attached to the ticket system that perhaps lists current known issues that are able and not able to be resolved could reduce useless ticket traffic. Why wait 40 minutes to be told there is nothing that can be done when a notice on the ticket window could list a bunch of common unresolvable problems to cut us off before we waste our own time and that of GM's and those players that have solvable problems as well. Win, win for everybody.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I've had good luck with the GMs in the past. Nothing but good experiences, really. However... I don't think I've filed a ticket in the last two or three years. From what I've heard, the quality and dependability of the GMs has tanked in about the same span of time.

The GMs have always been hit-or-miss since the game's launch. I know I've been pretty lucky with my tickets, when I used to bother filing them. I personally know of at least six people right now and not thinking hard about it who have been screwed over hard by GMs ranging in years '06 to '10. The GMs have always kinda sucked... but from what I hear they've been practically useless in the past couple of years.

Community Member

Every request I have posted has been resolved.

The latest was a couple of nights ago. We killed the Medusa in eyes of stone before talking to tollis. After a 10 minute wait a gm respawned him and we could complete. All others have been to remove monster from ceiling/walls.

Sometimes it takes a wee bit of time. But in my experience never more than twenty minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ashvsaod View Post
    Sometimes it takes a wee bit of time. But in my experience never more than twenty minutes.
    I have a different experience with it. I was in The Riddle quest in evening star everything went fine till I killed the boss hag at the end, I did not get the completion at that time because it said I needed to kill the hag which was already dead. I submitted a ticket waited for about 20 minutes. Guild was running Citw so I recalled from the quest to go do the raid with my guildies. A hour passed and then a gm finally responded to the ticket.

Other "funny" moment. We did Beyond the Rift to flag for eveningstar at 1 point in the quest you need to kill a named Draegloth. Same thing happened we killed it but objective didn't change. We continued the quest freed Ana from her prison but didn't completed because we needed to kill the Draegloth. 2 Persons submitted a ticket first one to get a response respawned the Draegloth after we killed it for the second time we still didn't complete the quest. The GM then said sorry can't help you anymore. At that time the other person gets a different GM and explains the problem again. The 2nd GM tells us to stay still and completes the quest for us. So same issue and 1 that doesn't want to help and the other just completes the quest for us.
    Cannith - ReizalRocks - Reizal - Reizals Cannonfodder - Reizala - Fortitude

I'm about 1 for 3. GMs tend to respond slowly most of the time. I do agree Turbine should post what GMs can and can not solve. Not only would players waste less time filing useless tickets, but the GMs could respond faster because they would have a smaller backlog of tickets.

Thumbs up

6 for 8.
    And 2 that weren't resolved? were bug report issues.

latest ones that stick out were prompt (within 5-10min?) responses to in-game prob in POP.
    and those were also in wee hours of le morn.

So quite satisfied.
    Sorry others are finding hard times with it.

Several submitted; only two were not resolved successfully and promptly and the GM was friendly and helpful in every case except for one of the unsuccessful ones. In the case of the other unsuccessful one, there was nothing the GM could do because someone needed to go to bed or something so we all bailed from the quest pretty much right away.

I started playing just under two years ago, so all of my successful tickets were within that time frame. The most recent that I recall was about a month ago; a Wisam got stuck in the invulnerable state in Running with the Devils and just chased us around beating on us. GM responded and killed it after about three-five minutes. That's actually pretty typical of my experiences with the tickets.

This may have something to do with my playtime late night/early morning North American time).
    Heatherx (Completionist--honest, no stones)
    Toryen Warchanter 24 ~ Treslyn Cleric 26 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 24 ~ Khenshii Monk 28

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

The only vital time where I ever needed In game support was when my friend's account got hacked. And I can say I was content on how they handled it.

I'm part of a little guild of real life friends. So when one of them (let's call him John) comes online, says nothing back to me, and isn't on skype. That aroused my suspicions. I gave John a phone call and sure enough, he was not the person on DDO. By this time the hacker got through several characters, emptying out his stuff, so I was in panic mode.

I immediately sent a ticket with an over emphasized "hacking in progress" in the subject. I explained which characters the hacker has gone through, and the one he's currently on. Turbine support came back a few minutes later and did what they are presumably very good at, they banned John's account. They then asked him to reactivate his account with customer support.

I couldn't be more pleased how quick Turbine was with the ban hammer. But the reason I say I was only content with how they handled it, was that customer support mentioned a compensation pack for John for what he lost. Months from this incident, he still waits for this pack. Not that he needed it of course, he recovered most of the stuff in the months that followed. But I could tell he didn't play as often, this hack with no compensation really demoralized his ambition to get good gear.

TL;DR Friend's account got hacked. Turbine banned account within minutes. Customer support took care of the rest. Happy ending after wound healed.

My first ticket went well. The "rainbow" in rainbow in the dark bugged and we couldn't solve it. Dunno what the GM did, but it worked. Response time ~2min.

The next 14 were a mixture of non-responses, 20-30minutes then can't help, asking to submit a bug report, telling us to reset instance (like that 1hr raid then boss bug was nothing? just...reset instance? coulda done that myself, thanks ), refusal to move/spawn mobs, just closing the ticket, overall rudeness, etc.

I don't bother anymore, just restart or log. Usually for a while.

Only 1 ticket filed, but it was successfully resolved.

Soloing The Bookbinder Rescue and the last NPC ran into a corner and wouldn't budge.

Filed ticket and got a response probably within 10 minutes. DM asked me to run to the NPC (I'm guessing to prove that I actually did find him and wasn't just being lazy) and then completed the quest for me.

YMMV
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Community Member

My characters were moved from various stuck spots inside walls and floors maybe 3 times so far. The GM's response was very fast on all occasions.

Don't remember the quest any more, but on one occasion a GM removed a shut door preventing entrance to the quest's boss encounter in a somewhat timely manner, thus enabling quest completion.

Recently I've had a bugged rare encounter in the King's Forest (the clerics trying to perform a ritual to cleanse the darkening) which the GM was able to fix within seconds after he responded to the ticket, which took like 20min or so. This was a positive experience for me because I was playing at odd hours I didn't even think they had any GM online whatsoever.

A GM cannot help with a lot of game bugs however, because those are obviously too complex even for the (senior) Devs to fix.

1/1 (kinda). Reversed into the lava off the bridge in the Fire section of Tempest Spine. My soulstone plummeted to the bottom and the lava formed an impenetrable ceiling. Got a GM to get my soulstone out so I could be ressed. It took a very long time, however, and by that time the quest was finished.

I also had a similar wall-sucking incident in DQ1 just days ago.

The GMs overall are horrible in DDO. That does not mean that ALL of them are horrible, but it does mean that you have a pretty good chance of waiting a preposterously long time only for a copy paste response amounting to you are SOL.

There are a few GMs who are actually very good at their job at Turbine, but sadly they are so vastly outnumbered by those who will not do anything to help, are super slow in responding, and/or do not even know the very basics of the game they are supporting so are just not trained well enough/incompetent that the overall service is really bad.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast