Default Trinket crafting bugged

Hi
    I deconstructed a shard of power (from shroud) and tried to combine with a Dex shard. The recipe was there until I put both ingredients in the window. Then it said no recipe. Tried with striding shard, same result. Then I bought a trinket for crafting from the DDO store and tried to combine with each of the shards. Same result - recipe present when ingredients in my bag disappeared when I put ing. in window. WT???

Oh ya, tried to report bug in Help and that sent me to a generic forum page, so here I am.
    Why not invite your spouse to play?

Community Member

are you sure that you can put those shards on a trinket? I haven't looked at what you can craft on trinkets in a long time, but it sounds like the shard you are trying to use cannot be put onto a trinket.

So, I just looked it up, and dexterity can only be put on ring, gloves and boots, and striding can only go on ring and boots. So, that explains why you can't put it on a trinket. unless you are trying to use a flexible shard, but since you didn't specify that, I am assuming not.

Community Member

Have you tried deconstructing the trinket?

The trinket says "craftable+5" but it's bugged since the very beginning, you need to deconstruct it once anyway. You can only apply shards of potential, but no other shards.

Try deconstructing it first.

You can apply a Flexible Dex or Flexible Striding shard to a trinket, but the non-flexible kinds can only be applied to rings and boots (and hats for the Dex).

[Edit: reading fail on my part: someone already explained this.]
    Last edited by Dhalgren; 11-18-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Default thanks

Ahh didn't see the flexible requirement. Thanks
    Why not invite your spouse to play?

Community Member

On the Item machine, if you type in the name of a shard or put the shard in the machine and mouse-over the item icon it will give you a list of items that shard can be applied to.