Default Solo EE End Of The Road. Melee

Every aspect of the quest was tough. The mobs never got the memo about to-hit and armor class! They just dont care what AC you have they will beat you up with every swing. As anyone who has run the quest on EE knows the boss is a beast. I felt like a fly playing chicken with a Mac truck. Probably the hardest part of the end fight was when the fire reavers spawned. I hit them with EIN and EVERY one of them saved! Not sure whats up with that but took me about five minutes of running around fighting and healing to take them out.
    Main stratergy against the boss was to keep my HP full and keep damage on him as much as possible. My reflex save was high enough to be no fail on the spikes when he reverse gravity so that wasnt a big deal.
    Not the toughest solo I've done but was lotsa fun.
    Last edited by Knight_slayer; 11-17-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Community Member

Gratz, very nice. Still yet, that shows how powerful EiN is.

Tried it myself with my sorc, no way I could do the end fight solo. Those spikes hit for ~480 dmg on a failed save. Too many dretches coupled with that Glabrezu kicked my @ss.

But 80 mobs killed? Did you kill mobs on the way? Invisibility, abundant step (or not, it just makes it quicker) and skip everything till the "castle". Then kill all the mobs in the building (they are not even required but it's hard to skip past those) and then drop down in the boss fight. ~5 mins, 30~ mobs IIRC and then end fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Did you kill mobs on the way? Invisibility, abundant step (or not, it just makes it quicker) and skip everything till the "castle".
    I killed the first mobs at the start and then the first spawn of spiders past the fallen tree over the road as they see invis. Then sneak + abundant step past the mobs all the way to fort. You have to kill all the mobs in the fort because the boss calls them or something and if they are not dead you get red dungeon. There are alot of mobs there but they are all spread out and can be body pulled to keep from spawning to many at a time.

Still yet, that shows how powerful EiN is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    I hit them with EIN and EVERY one of them saved!
    Didnt feel very powerful at the time let me assure you.

/bows
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

Member of Captains Crew Ghallanda

Gratz, very nice. Still yet, that shows how powerful EiN is.

Sorry, what? He just said EiN didnt help him at all in the end fight.

I think its funny how most of the forum seems to think that having EiN means you can solo every EE with ease. Anyone who has ever played a monk will know that its not just about spending 5 minutes to charge, kill 5 mobs then repeat

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    I killed the first mobs at the start and then the first spawn of spiders past the fallen tree over the road as they see invis. Then sneak + abundant step past the mobs all the way to fort. You have to kill all the mobs in the fort because the boss calls them or something and if they are not dead you get red dungeon. There are alot of mobs there but they are all spread out and can be body pulled to keep from spawning to many at a time.
    When I did it, the boss called noone at the end fight. Just dretches and Reavers. They came later, when I DDoor'ed and tried to stand where shrines are to kill boss

You could have avoided spiders too, go swim around the castle and they will follow you underwater and will go back to their place. Still not that important, just a bit quicker. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpinelli View Post
    Sorry, what? He just said EiN didnt help him at all in the end fight.

I think its funny how most of the forum seems to think that having EiN means you can solo every EE with ease. Anyone who has ever played a monk will know that its not just about spending 5 minutes to charge, kill 5 mobs then repeat
    Whatever, I missread him. And, not 5 mobs at the time. Anyone who has ever played a monk will know that you can kill up to 30 if you are good enough to gather them.

Also, he could have used EiN for dretches, then 5min boss-beatdown, run while charging EiN and then use it again on Reavers. What were you saying again?

Its funny how most of the forum jumps to conclusion and starts to argue after a single comment missunderstood. Keep going.

The spiders and fire reavers in the quest give the "immune" feedback when hit with EiN. Very strange seeing how it works on EVERYTHING else in the game but rednames.

Not sure if its wai.
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

Quote Originally Posted by giggiddy View Post
    The spiders and fire reavers in the quest give the "immune" feedback when hit with EiN. Very strange seeing how it works on EVERYTHING else in the game but rednames.

Not sure if its wai.
    I didn't get immune in there on the reavers. They all jsut saved, and took the 1000 damage

on hard the ein worked but have not done it on elite on my monk yet, the monk in party said he got the "immune" above them so it was heresay perhaps.

I have since been back on elite and tried it again on the reavers with the same result. They all froze in place, as they do when they save and then took the 1000 damage as they came back. As they have about 30000 hp (guessing) I hardley noticed their hp bars move.
    They dont have huge fort saves because I can stun them but they seem to be immune to the insta kill part of the EIN. Strange as they are just regular trash. It does make for a very interesting fight when your solo. With 8 or 9 of them smacking you and the boss doing his thing I had some very close calls at that part of the quest.

lol I bet dude