Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member whitehawk74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gondwana.
    Posts
    851

    Question How do I deactivate my Lammania account?

    I would like to cancel/deactivate my Lammania account.
    I dont need or want it. I got it for buying the MOTU pack early and I dropped in a couple of times.

    It gets in the way of logging in.
    So, how to i get rid of it ?
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Isn't the Lammania client completely separate from the DDO client? It should be in a different folder on your computer. How is it in the way when you are logging in?

  3. #3
    Community Member Garix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WielderofGigantus View Post
    Isn't the Lammania client completely separate from the DDO client? It should be in a different folder on your computer. How is it in the way when you are logging in?
    It is a totally separate install.

    OP just uninstall Lama-land.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

  4. #4
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WielderofGigantus View Post
    Isn't the Lammania client completely separate from the DDO client? It should be in a different folder on your computer. How is it in the way when you are logging in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    It is a totally separate install.

    OP just uninstall Lama-land.
    Actually if you got access to the MOtU beta using a beta key you had a separate account added to your main so whenever you try to log in you enter your user name and password then you have to choose which of the two accounts you want. (At least this is how it worked for my brother)

    OP, I would guess that you need to contact account support to have them remove/deactivate the second account.

  5. #5
    Community Member chance2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    347

    Default As a long time lam user

    When you downloaded the client for lam.
    It told you to put it in a different folder so this would not happen.
    Now at times when I switch from lam to the main servers I see the lam thing still up.
    When it connects it really goes to the only server I play on.
    I have shortcuts to both on my desktop.
    So if you did not put it in a different folder you may have to uninstall DDO and then reinstall it.
    Then just do not re download Lam.
    If you did put it in a different folder you should be able to open that folder and uninstall it from there.
    For me all I would have to do is right click on the shortcut click properties open file location and scroll down to the uninstall.
    Hope that helps
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

  6. #6
    Hatchery Founder Glenalth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A mountain fortress.
    Posts
    4,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Actually if you got access to the MOtU beta using a beta key you had a separate account added to your main so whenever you try to log in you enter your user name and password then you have to choose which of the two accounts you want. (At least this is how it worked for my brother)

    OP, I would guess that you need to contact account support to have them remove/deactivate the second account.
    Before you do this, go to the accounts page and rename one something obvious like DELETEME to save some possible trouble.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

  7. #7
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chance2000 View Post
    When you downloaded the client for lam.
    It told you to put it in a different folder so this would not happen.
    Now at times when I switch from lam to the main servers I see the lam thing still up.
    When it connects it really goes to the only server I play on.
    I have shortcuts to both on my desktop.
    So if you did not put it in a different folder you may have to uninstall DDO and then reinstall it.
    Then just do not re download Lam.
    If you did put it in a different folder you should be able to open that folder and uninstall it from there.
    For me all I would have to do is right click on the shortcut click properties open file location and scroll down to the uninstall.
    Hope that helps
    Because of technical problems on Turbine's end, many people were given a seperate beta account for Lama which shows up when logging in to either the regular or lama client. This is a Turbine problem, not something they did worng in the download.

  8. #8
    Community Member chance2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    347

    Default Why neg rep for this?

    Why would anyone give neg rep for this?
    Makes me want to stop with the forums.
    Anyone can download lam and the instructions indicate to put it in a different folder why the neg rep?
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

  9. #9
    Hatchery Founder Glenalth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A mountain fortress.
    Posts
    4,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chance2000 View Post
    Why would anyone give neg rep for this?
    Makes me want to stop with the forums.
    Anyone can download lam and the instructions indicate to put it in a different folder why the neg rep?
    It's true that anyone can, but that's not what this thread is about.

    This thread is about having 2 accounts tied to the same login. If you have it set up in that way, you get an extra screen asking which account you want to use each time. The OP is just asking for a way to get rid of that extra delay.

    Personally, I just used the extra account for loot storage.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

  10. #10
    Community Member chance2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    347

    Thumbs down I have 2 accounts

    I have 2 accounts and it doesn't effect lam what so ever.
    As for the person giving me neg rep I have reported the issue when I did nothing to get a negative rep.
    I have 2 accounts on live and lam both are VIP.
    I will not go into this anymore until I hear back from a Moderator I am done with attempting to help on the community forums. Giving a person neg rep when all I did was try to explain how I can remove the program from my systems is wrong. I do mean systems DDO is on 4 of the 8 computers in my house.
    Not all who wander are lost. I am not lost, I am just exploring.
    Smigit F25 (Leg Dread 5), Xappit w20 (tr), Tamix C20,Smigitjr Tmp R 22, Tamik 14 P (3rd life,) , Xsong bard 20, Smigit5 arti 21, Xappet 20 AA, Smigit6 D22 (fw2), Tamok Fvs 20 Smoxfeat monk 16 Taggem Wf Pally 14 others. Leader Circle of Destruction Argonnessen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload