Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finally Running w/ the Devils Elite made challenging

So I have ran into quests that have been a challenge at level, taking on Enter the Kobold elite as a fire savant, Kobolds new ringleader without access to the proper bugbear killing equipment, heck I have even completed Epic elite CITW w/ Cetuss, but this was the hardest by far. I mean 200 pt. Searing lights, comet falls and constant dispelling and extremely high spell resistance these are marginal obstacles to overcome, however the new once a Djinn goes into spin cycle they chase u thru the entire quest knocking u down at the most unfortunate of times. By far the best was when dropping the gate before the stairs and getting tossed into the center of the room, where the eladrin surrounded me and paused as if shocked at what just happened before killing me. I give turbine 2 thumbs up for this new added challenge to the quest!
    Landos Completionist PM 23/23 lives-Landolf FVS 10/10 lives-Landando 10/10 lives- Sorc Landdeuce Cleric 12/12 lives-Household 6/6 lives Fighter-Landoa Barb 3/3 lives, Landbando 2nd life Bard, Landona 2nd life Pally, Landoc 2nd life EIN Cleric, Wreckt 2nd life Arti
    HELLO!!...You play to win THE Game

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Am glad to hear you like it :-) This quest can be very painful in my opinion. Getting to the end fight is harder than the bosses themselves :-)

Quote Originally Posted by landona54 View Post
    So I have ran into quests that have been a challenge at level, taking on Enter the Kobold elite as a fire savant, Kobolds new ringleader without access to the proper bugbear killing equipment, heck I have even completed Epic elite CITW w/ Cetuss, but this was the hardest by far. I mean 200 pt. Searing lights, comet falls and constant dispelling and extremely high spell resistance these are marginal obstacles to overcome, however the new once a Djinn goes into spin cycle they chase u thru the entire quest knocking u down at the most unfortunate of times. By far the best was when dropping the gate before the stairs and getting tossed into the center of the room, where the eladrin surrounded me and paused as if shocked at what just happened before killing me. I give turbine 2 thumbs up for this new added challenge to the quest!
    Yes, I also give them two thumbs up for it. I'll leave it for you to decide where those thumbs are located....
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Bugbears are orders of magnitude more challenging than that cakewalk of a run we call EE devils.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

however the new once a Djinn goes into spin cycle they chase u thru the entire quest knocking u down at the most unfortunate of times.

Sounds like the only obstacle to overcome is your impatience.
    Para

Proud Co-Leader of <o>

Quote Originally Posted by Rapthorn View Post
    Sounds like the only obstacle to overcome is your impatience.
    Lol, yep the never stopped spinning part....definate impatience.....
    Landos Completionist PM 23/23 lives-Landolf FVS 10/10 lives-Landando 10/10 lives- Sorc Landdeuce Cleric 12/12 lives-Household 6/6 lives Fighter-Landoa Barb 3/3 lives, Landbando 2nd life Bard, Landona 2nd life Pally, Landoc 2nd life EIN Cleric, Wreckt 2nd life Arti

Lol, yep the never stopped spinning part....definate impatience.....
    News to me... perhaps you should have added the "never" part to your op. Just saying...
    Para

Proud Co-Leader of <o>

.... however the new once a Djinn goes into spin cycle they chase u thru the entire quest knocking u down at the most unfortunate of times.
    Yet at no point did I say the Djinn stopped spinning either, that is the incorrect assumption you made

Yet at no point did I say the Djinn stopped spinning either, that is the incorrect assumption you made
    Heh yea, its interesting how they make the djinni's turn into an impervious-to-everything air elemental to stalk you throughout the entire quest.

You don't think that its a good mechanic when the Epic Lord of Blades and Lolth take damage, but these guys don't huh? lol
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

... but this was the hardest by far. I mean 200 pt. Searing lights, comet falls and constant dispelling and extremely high spell resistance these are marginal obstacles to overcome (...) I give turbine 2 thumbs up for this new added challenge to the quest!
    Try it with Shroud of the vampire it'll teach you a new definition of pain.
    Succubus pretty ... too bad she try to kill us
    Lewela FvS (5th life)-Aezechiel Sorc (3rd life)-Usuldur Monk (5th life)-Larsenkarden Cleric (2nd life)-Punkcanard Eva-Artie (2nd life)-Kakophonyc Virtuoso/Fighter
    Le Dernier Chapitre ///// Argonnessen

YES! You have made it to the next level of Turbine play. No more "Epic Elite" we now have "Heroic Ultra!" Only the very very best can kill the invincible. When you do, you will have won DDO! I suggest maybe a few more TR lives and maybe you too can handle this challenge

All kidding aside, if you could somehow dupe plat by doing this, it would have been fixed before you could have made the post.
    Kitraine ~ Degenerate Matter
    Completionist / Epic Completionist - 15 Druid / 4 Favored Soul / 1 Sorcerer
    Triple past lives Sorcerer/Wizard/Cleric/Favored Soul/Druid/Morninglord

Other Main Capped Characters
    Krestal Sorcerer Azlix Cleric Talonaise Rogue Assassin

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talonaise View Post
    YES! You have made it to the next level of Turbine play. No more "Epic Elite" we now have "Heroic Ultra!" Only the very very best can kill the invincible. When you do, you will have won DDO! I suggest maybe a few more TR lives and maybe you too can handle this challenge

All kidding aside, if you could somehow dupe plat by doing this, it would have been fixed before you could have made the post.
    What do you mean IF?

Haven't you tried this? My chars are all plat capped now due to this bug...

For three short installments of 4 million plat, I can provide an EE devils completion for YOU!

Do it?

Warning: Strong Language will invariably be used at some point during the run.
    YouTube Channel HERE

I don't give them two thumbs up. I give them two fingers up.

The difficulty of this quest is totally out of balance with all other quests of a similar level.

Careful Lando that's a 'Proud Co-Leader' you're talking to there, that's one up from Subway Sandwich Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonaise View Post
    Naaa, the last time we were able to dupe plat they waited weeks to change it then told us it was intended.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post

The difficulty of this quest is totally out of balance with all other quests of a similar level.
    I think Acute Delirium @ level is harder, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraiser View Post
    I think Acute Delirium @ level is harder, but whatever.
    Agreed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post

Can't take a challenge? It is elite after all... and plenty of groups have still made it, just need the right people. PUGs do make it nigh impossible though.

I was in here yesterday with 2 people getting hit with searing light for 100ish light damage that can't even be stopped by the pale lav (I tried and it didn't work) but figured more people would do went in there with 5 people getting shot by searing light for 160ish light damage after failing, I just figured i'd solo it later and use 10 pots to get it done.
    Couchpotatoe, Dreadlite, Aegyle, Jukeboxx, Captaiin, and many more.

Officer of NOTHING PERSONAL of Argonnessen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast