Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If that's all they were hitting for then they dumbed that thing down.

Things used to nail you for 180 to 230 repeatedly like a Tommy gun. They were the first thing you dove for to stun, or freeze or stop them from acting in any way.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFantasy View Post
    I was in here yesterday with 2 people getting hit with searing light for 100ish light damage that can't even be stopped by the pale lav (I tried and it didn't work) but figured more people would do went in there with 5 people getting shot by searing light for 160ish light damage after failing, I just figured i'd solo it later and use 10 pots to get it done.
    And thus the marketing team at DDO cheers as they forecast their increased sales of DDO store supplies like pots and rez cakes.

Why fix an unbalanced quest or listen to the pleas of players that have been saying this quest is borked

This one is on my never pug list.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 12-17-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Default Just to clarify

In epic elite, you have the same CR on enemies as you do in elite.

Someone at turbine altered a decimal point in the wrong place.

Our experience sheet had some 190+ deaths tagged to it. we re entered at least 20 times. Sure we got it done, but it's NOT a good experience at all.

This quest IS bugged, it SHOULD be fixed. I like the challenge and all, but this just pushed it to a completely different place.

I should add, that I don't think this is different but it is on the Kyber server.
    The enemy's CR range from a minimum of 22 to a max of 28 in ELITE. Good luck getting that BB!

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    And thus the marketing team at DDO cheers as they forecast their increased sales of DDO store supplies like pots and rez cakes.

Why fix an unbalanced quest or listen to the pleas of players that have been saying this quest is borked

This one is on my never pug list.

Pugged it yesterday.Went fine.190 deaths..reroll!

sorry but that quest isn't that hard, just calibrates your patience and coordination (joke)

did it yesterday, 1 sorc with 300hp (me), 3 barbs, yes barbs, 1 bard and 1 druid(the healer, yes, healer)

first of all i told them to take banishing weapon, 2 barbs bought em in the AH, the other 3 players ignored me (the 2 barbs were 2nd and 3rd in kills, obviously)

the bard was buffing and trying to charm (useless, you have to discoball lol)
    the druid was spamming hots, repeat, spamming, sometimes my vigor didn't fade (you now there are 2 timers, i was in the first one) and i was receiving another one, i knew it cause you see the circle around you

i was: foding, banishing, discoballing, pulling mobs to discoball (yeah, cause i don't trust in barbs, no matter if they double my hp lol) then mass nuking

1 barb got 1 kill, amazing since he didn't buy a banishing weapons
    the other 2 learnt fast the routine, so when they saw me placing the discoball they started their "clicky routine" to start their 30 secs of glory (surrounded by dancing enemies aggroed by me, so i was nuking by front and barbs were hitting by back with the longest buffs bar you can imagine, they gave everything in every pull, using their abandoned clickies in rest of ddo, for every pull)

2 deads, both mine, both pulling back mobs to discoball (cause ppl saw some mob moving and didn't kite through the discoball... so i had to do it,too) it doesn't matter cause 80% of kills were mine XDDD with pale master also works but i wouldn't swap to undeade form to pull mobs, just a suggestion

ah true, PLIS doesn't work with searing light, seems like light damage isn't a harmful spell (but death aura is, quite interesting for a pale master for example), doesn't matter, my PLIS was drained to 0 when we were almost in the shrine, where i died by 2nd time

first time were 2 searing light of 220 (with 47 charges left in my PLIS, so yes, died 1 time in the ramp where mobs come down like mads, but i had placed 3 discoballs so mobs were dancing when i was getting my raise) and the 2nd time was quite stupid cause ppl was killing the named and left 1 ghaele and 1 bralani to me, 1 sorc with 45 sp left, not good idea i guess, 1 foded, the other one raped me -_-

repeat: it's not that hard (yes, elite, oh true, i'm lvl 17, actually, so i can't lie XD) just think about what you are doing, is like complaining end fight in enter the kobold is hard, of course it is if you step in w/o evasion ppl or with firesavants, or withou ooze puppet, the quest isn't hard, you are making it hard

every time you know/see there will be more than 1 mob(yes, that means 2 as example) place a discoball, quickened and heightened ofc XD mine was at 34 dc, and sometimes saved, just fod/banish the free guy/s first

manyshot+paralyzing is a nice combo in this quest, dunno cause i've not been ranger yet, but one time i was asking to ppl to get banishing weapons (i do everytime i want to complete the quest on elite) and the ranger told me that he had "linked paralyzing bow" and yeah, it worked too

i'm not sure if you noticed that but 200 damage /spell isn't that hard, so plis, don't nerf rwtd or reaver's refuge quests, they are quests where "nuke nuke, hjeal hjeal, hage hage" works, and it's nice, cause you are flagging for shroud

if want bb, and flag for shroud, plan better the strategy

PS: 1 sp pot, before reaching the first shrine, was quite impossible to reach there with my 2760 sp if i have to place 1 discoball everytime the pull consists on 2 or more mobs (yeah i placed it for 2 mobs, so don't cry cause you die, just do it lol)

if enemy overhelms you in ddo, isn't enemy's fault, is yours, of gear, build, party members,strategy, etc
    Last edited by psykopeta; 01-03-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Less is more psykopeta.

just wanted to add.......die lando.....that is all
    Ganjjie(completionist)~Ganjjiie(x3 wiz x3sorc)fvs~Lazeras~Lazeration~Lazoran~Milkcanz~Mal hiki~lullabyz

Quote Originally Posted by Ganjjaa View Post
    just wanted to add.......die lando.....that is all
    All just rumors and propaganda my friend, although the original thread might have been a result of that happening once or twice!
    Landos Completionist PM 23/23 lives-Landolf FVS 10/10 lives-Landando 10/10 lives- Sorc Landdeuce Cleric 12/12 lives-Household 6/6 lives Fighter-Landoa Barb 3/3 lives, Landbando 2nd life Bard, Landona 2nd life Pally, Landoc 2nd life EIN Cleric, Wreckt 2nd life Arti
    HELLO!!...You play to win THE Game

Default die cetusssssssss

Last edited by MarcusCole; 02-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Ishamiel ~Rhayak ~ Badhorse ~Kyode ~ Drhorrible ~ Hjealmeh
    ChaosKnights ~~~ Argonnessan
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    That's pretty awesome. Armor plated earslugs...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Step one, comment on forums.... step two, log into game.
    Kitraine ~ Degenerate Matter
    Completionist / Epic Completionist - 15 Druid / 4 Favored Soul / 1 Sorcerer
    Triple past lives Sorcerer/Wizard/Cleric/Favored Soul/Druid/Morninglord

Other Main Capped Characters
    Krestal Sorcerer Azlix Cleric Talonaise Rogue Assassin

step 3: /tell cetus die

???
    DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 - DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 w/ Gr Tome of Learning
    Divinejourny(Artificer Completionist- 21/21lives) - Dreamjourny(Sorc 4/13lives) - Deadlyjourny(Paladin T3) - Dancinjourny(Moncher T3) - Darkjourny(12Monk/7Fighter/1Arti T3) -a few other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Kareena View Post
    step 3: /tell cetus die

???
    Where have you been hiding?

Didn't know a rwtd thread was a "return of the MIA's" thread as well.
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

heh xD

I took a break for awhile. Family stuff.

May be returning soon... why- Miss me?
    DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 - DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 w/ Gr Tome of Learning
    Divinejourny(Artificer Completionist- 21/21lives) - Dreamjourny(Sorc 4/13lives) - Deadlyjourny(Paladin T3) - Dancinjourny(Moncher T3) - Darkjourny(12Monk/7Fighter/1Arti T3) -a few other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Kareena View Post
    heh xD

I took a break for awhile. Family stuff.

May be returning soon... why- Miss me?
    Immensely
    YouTube Channel HERE

Had to stop by to fix my link....
    Quote Originally Posted by Talonaise View Post
    Step one, comment on forums.... step two, log into game.
    My HD died over the summer so I don't have my vent info anymore (if you guys still even use vent ^_^ )
    Ishamiel ~Rhayak ~ Badhorse ~Kyode ~ Drhorrible ~ Hjealmeh
    ChaosKnights ~~~ Argonnessan
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    That's pretty awesome. Armor plated earslugs...

Community Member

Aaand back to topic

I kinda have to agree with psykopeta.
    This is surely not my favorite quest to run, and you certainly need a proper party, but a couple days ago I completed it on my first life haggle toon(!) with a mate that is first life paladin (probably one of the worse classes for that quest) and a random pug on level on elite...

Of course it's a tough quest, and if you try to bb kite casters it will certaily fail on elite...

And if you take aggro alone of course you go down quick, but if you have a somewhat organized party it's not that bad.

Having someone that can jump (air sav, fvs, monk, even cannith boots) it saves you much trouble and banishing weapons and/or a rogue or a good barb + a healer that isn't afk half the time makes it way easier...

Of course some stuff sucks, as e.g. that there is basically nothing that works against light dmg, but it's not like this quest is impossible to run.

The Djinn not coming out of form sounds suck, but it seems not like a regular bug to me, at least I've never seen it and as of now I got 64 Stones of Battle in my ingreds bag and more on other toons...

Default Only completed this one 2x on elite since change.

Had several shortmanned and solo Hard/Normal Farm Runs since change.

I don't bother with maintaining BB from 18-20 then pick back up a Hard streak for Epics. I save the level 16 quests RwTD, Servants of Overlord and Spinner of Shadows till last and run on Hard unless its a tight group of people I know or guildies then *might* give em a go knowing full well they are designed to kick your teeth in.

Had one successfull Elite Completion of RWTD last life with a *stars aligned* party. Felt like the good ole days.

This life 2 manned Elite with an experienced guildy playing a first life Horc Barb and me running a 1Ftr/2Rogue/15Bard TWF, Trapper, Spellsinger with FULL ranks in BLUFF to tactically single pull mobs. Finished with 3 or 4 minutes of ship buffs and one death (I let Bloodpuddings HP dip a little too low during one fight when I had to heal scroll myself and my Non-Meta'd, No Devotion Item'ed CSW+CMW wasn't enough to keep him up while Heal Scroll was on CD) A LOT can happen in 6 secs

Was challenging/frustrating and a real test of player skill and tactics....

But was also a a mutual funding, mellow feeling, merry elfing pain the lolth!
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12