Default Natural Armor shard bug (prefix vs. suffix)

I think there's something broken with this crafting shard. Natural Armor is a suffix (shard of Natural Armor), however, when I try to add the shard to an item that has a prefix, I get the error "item already has a suffix" (which it doesn't) and I'm unable to add the Natural Armor. If I add the Natural Armor shard first, it's added as a suffix (as it's supposed to) and I'm then able to add the prefix no problem.

I've search the forums and someone mentioned something similar in another thread, but I thought I'd point it out here in case it wasn't picked up.

Anyway, this isn't a huge deal, but I hope the devs are aware of it.

Community Member

Had the same thing happen to me, messed up my slot planning.

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

Exclamation

The natural armor shards are bugged in the way you described. Proof against Poison has the same problem. It can't be added as the second enchantment shard to an item, but if you add it as the first shard to an item it works fine.

Of course, this means that you can't make an item with both Natural Armor and Proof against Poison on it since one of those shards has to be added last. They can't both be the first shard on the item.

As far as I've seen, those are the only two shards that have this bug.
    Last edited by changelingamuck; 11-18-2012 at 10:34 AM.

I ran into this myself this weekend. I'm not sure what the status of this one is, but will look into it next week. Thanks!

Anyone seeing examples of this outside of Proof Against Poison and Natural Armor? If so, lemme know.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post
    The natural armor shards are bugged in the way you described. Proof against Poison has the same problem. It can't be added as the second enchantment shard to an item, but if you add it as the first shard to an item it works fine.

Of course, this means that you can't make an item with both Natural Armor and Proof against Poison on it since one of those shards has to be added last. They can't both be the first shard on the item.

As far as I've seen, those are only only two shards that have this bug.
    So does this mean that we can actually still make a Nat Armour of Prot item so long as we do Nat Armour first?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I ran into this myself this weekend. I'm not sure what the status of this one is, but will look into it next week. Thanks!

Anyone seeing examples of this outside of Proof Against Poison and Natural Armor? If so, lemme know.
    Thank you for responding directly to a forum issue post, it does a heart a lot of good to know that you folks are listening, and acting.

I would hope that you could follow-up, if only to let us know that the status is "defer".

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    So does this mean that we can actually still make a Nat Armour of Prot item so long as we do Nat Armour first?
    1: We do not talk about Craft Club.
    2: see 1.
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    No, because Natural Armor was changed to a suffix and you can't put two suffixes on a single item.

Tried yesterday - Nat Armour first {Prot not accepted}.

Prot has always been a suffix!
    Nat is still a prefix on random loot yet has been made a suffix in Cannith Crafting.

One Question Devs - Why is it OP to have Nat Armor +1 of Prot +1 Ring at lvl 3 But NOT OP to have nothing of Prot 2 at the same Level?

I constantly find myself wondering what Prefix to put on an item while crafting as most Prefixes are caster statted!
    The opposite for Suffixes on my casters! - Only suffix I can see is Lore.

Glad I kept my old nat/prot in bank lol

ok listen good. there is a bug\wai with the natural armor and some other shards. BUT it is not as bad as you think. actually it is better then you think!

the natural armor (and maybe the protection vs poison ) IS a sufix power. BUT it is a bit bugged.
    thing is... if you craft in a right order not only does it not stop you from crafting. but you can also have 3 power in the item, where the natural armor is the bonus one!!!

try this one for size. get a ring with +6 potential to crafting(use a +6 pot shard on it). place a +10% melee\range alac shard on it. then place the +3 natural shard on it (might need to be flexible for ring. you can do this on a trinket with no flex). then add a prefix to it. say my fev mobility ( +4 ac when tumble. +2 to dodge. even when u max your dex per armor dodge ) ... it will read something like mobile ring of natural armor+3 BUT it will have all 3 powers on.

i have posted this a few times in the forum. also this has happened after the flexible shards and after the release notes stating that : "new crafting recipes are out there,go and find them out" . so i took this as a hint that it is not an exploit .

(even if it is.. well +3 to natural armor.. gee what a hex.its not like any level 21+ don't already have a +6 X ring of natural armor +6 on them ).

be happy smile and take what is given is what i say .
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP