Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Nerf nerf nerf nerf, nerf nerf nerf nerf, nerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerf.

Every day, someone wantting to change everyone's game. Nerf it. Nerf us, nerf this, nerf that....blah and boo you.

Why dont you just put yourself on a timer and leave us to drink as we please.

Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    Store Mnemonics should be removed from the game. They're completely unbalancing and pay to win. I think that's a better long-term solution than a cooldown on mana pots.
    If buying them with TP is unbalancing, then buying them with plat is unbalancing. Either way you could have an unlimited supply. Especially since you could buy something with TP (or a TP code) and trade it for plat to buy the in-game pots.

Community Member adam1oftheround's Avatar

Talking Already exists

This feature already exists....

All you have to do is wait 60 seconds before chugging another pot and you have suck-sessfully implemented the one minute timer that you are asking the devs to spend their time on making.

Have a nice day.

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by gradeyshane View Post

Every day, someone wantting to change everyone's game. Nerf it. Nerf us, nerf this, nerf that....blah and boo you.

Thank you very much!
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by gradeyshane View Post

Bravo.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    If from in game... ok, but bloody fning annoying. Cryptic's CO had such timers and I bloody fning hated them.

But if I spend money on pots, there better damn well not be any timer on them other wise I not spending any money on them again.
    right there is a prime example of pay to win, infact store bought mana pots in general are.

That being said they are not yet developing content balanced around store purchased mana pots - they seem to have resisted this urge, and i am truly glad.

CITW... is coming a bit close for my liking but then again Id have to say thats proble because we havent mastered it yet - and greedy raid leaders dont help.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I disagree with this on the basis that there is no reason to take away players choices.

If you want the extra challenge, you can from groups with these rules, just like permadeath groups do, without forcing this on players who don't enjoy playing in this style. Give it a catchy name of some sort like permadeath and recruit players who either don't mind sitting around in quests waiting for timers or don't mind failing the same quest on ee until absolute streamlining is figured out on new content by others.

Personally, I save my pots for EE content only. And usually only need them on the newer content while we're figuring it out as we go. But I dislike anything that removes player choices from people to be honest. There should be more ways and more choices so that more people enjoy the game, and keep the lights on.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

id rather them continue working on existing bugs, and the bugs made from fixing those bugs, and the bugs made from..........
    Last edited by jandhaer; 11-16-2012 at 11:08 AM.

SP pots take a finite resource that can be controlled through the use of rest shrines and completely removes that restriction. It's something that never should have become a common item and never should have been sold in the store for TP. Rarity and cost of an item do not make the item balanced, it just restricts the imbalance to a certain % of the gaming population. If you had a 1 in 100,000,000 droprate weapon that was +100 holy,holy burst, acid, flaming, frost, shock quarterstaff of superior everything bane, the weapon is NOT balanced because it's rare and it would NOT be balanced if you could buy it in the DDO store. An imbalanced item is imbalanced regardless of how it's obtained.

Many people use SP pots as an emergency resource 1 or 2 at a time and this use isn't gamebreaking at all. It's a small boost to get you through a rough patch. Players should NOT be able to drink themselves to victory through the use of 50+ pots a quest. It's a slippery slope that forces developers to make quests with the knowledge that players can choose to drink for a win (even if most players try not to do so). The fact that this tactic is a viable avenue to success is the broken aspect and that needs to be restricted in some way so that we don't get to the point that excessive pot drinking is the easy route to victory every time a new raid comes out.

Now with that being said, if there is a balance issue, then there should be a great deal of discussion before any sort of nerfs take place. The simple solution of a cooldown timer only prevents one aspect of the imbalance (chain chugging), but doesn't touch on the fact that you can still have unlimited SP but with a cost in plat(or TP) AND time now. It's still unlimited SP.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    SP pots take a finite resource that can be controlled through the use of rest shrines and completely removes that restriction. It's something that never should have become a common item and never should have been sold in the store for TP. Rarity and cost of an item do not make the item balanced, it just restricts the imbalance to a certain % of the gaming population. If you had a 1 in 100,000,000 droprate weapon that was +100 holy,holy burst, acid, flaming, frost, shock quarterstaff of superior everything bane, the weapon is NOT balanced because it's rare and it would NOT be balanced if you could buy it in the DDO store. An imbalanced item is imbalanced regardless of how it's obtained.

Many people use SP pots as an emergency resource 1 or 2 at a time and this use isn't gamebreaking at all. It's a small boost to get you through a rough patch. Players should NOT be able to drink themselves to victory through the use of 50+ pots a quest. It's a slippery slope that forces developers to make quests with the knowledge that players can choose to drink for a win (even if most players try not to do so). The fact that this tactic is a viable avenue to success is the broken aspect and that needs to be restricted in some way so that we don't get to the point that excessive pot drinking is the easy route to victory every time a new raid comes out.

Now with that being said, if there is a balance issue, then there should be a great deal of discussion before any sort of nerfs take place. The simple solution of a cooldown timer only prevents one aspect of the imbalance (chain chugging), but doesn't touch on the fact that you can still have unlimited SP but with a cost in plat(or TP) AND time now. It's still unlimited SP.
    Agreed. I think that a hard limit per quest / shrine would work better than a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    /signed

Timers for any type of mana pot, no exceptions for paying cash to change the rules.
    ^This.

You shouldn't be able to buy completions.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    Agreed. I think that a hard limit per quest / shrine would work better than a cooldown.
    I would not be opposed to both a cooldown and a hard limit per quest which would remedy the issue more comprehensively, but I think that a cooldown would be easy for the devs to implement and remedy a fair amount of the issue.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Do people really power drink their way through content? In the two years I have been playing, I have seen this occur once or twice in an abbot group before I started always leading my own.
    Yes, all the time.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    ^This.

You shouldn't be able to buy completions.

So get rid of the purchasable rest shrines and the cakes, and the hirleing that can be brought into a dungeon at any point (gold star) and ..and..and.

Ummkay.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I would not be opposed to both a cooldown and a hard limit per quest which would remedy the issue more comprehensively, but I think that a cooldown would be easy for the devs to implement and remedy a fair amount of the issue.
    Yup hard limit per rest would be okay with me also.

Basically anything which takes the SP pot out of the unlimited resource with great ROI for time spent using it.

I actually think the hard limit would work better also because that would eliminate the 'lets sit around while suzy waits on her CD for pots' issue.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

This thread is full of

Duh, drivel and dumb.

Obviously the OP has nothing better to do than worry about how other people play.

Seriously, who cares? No one.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

/not signed.

I absolutely disagree.

I will only agree if healing potions have the same timer, especially the silver flame ones.

It is just high time the devs did this. I would suggest a one minute timer before a player can drink another mana pot. I do not have any problem with failing more quests because quite frankly if I have to drink mana pots to beat a quest I do not deserve to beat the quest. Failing quests just makes the victories that much more sweet and encourages higher quality game play. There are no mana pots in D&D.

This game is too easy. 4 or 5 years ago DDO was so much more difficult. If you the devs are opposed to this on the normal or hard difficulties at least consider it for the elite difficulty. Thanks for striving to improve the game play.
    And while you are at it, why don't you jump on here and tell me how to play the rest of my characters?

Serious question here, why do you feel that how I play my characters has ANY impact on you at all? Leave me alone and play how you want to.

If you want, PM me and I will send you the entire list of my toons so that you do not have to quest with them, would that satisfy your desire to nerf my characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Guild members should be chosen based upon social factors and not game mechanics.

If buying them with TP is unbalancing, then buying them with plat is unbalancing. Either way you could have an unlimited supply. Especially since you could buy something with TP (or a TP code) and trade it for plat to buy the in-game pots.
    Not true at all. Store pots are theoretically unlimited. Without store pots, the only source of Major Mnemonics comes from chests and end rewards in limited quantities. As someone who only buys pots with in-game plat, let me assure you I play the game completely differently than store pot drinkers. For one, I cringe every time I drink a single pot, while I have actually seen people pot up instead of shrining because "it takes too long". It's a big difference.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

This game is too easy. 4 or 5 years ago DDO was so much more difficult. If you the devs are opposed to this on the normal or hard difficulties at least consider it for the elite difficulty. Thanks for striving to improve the game play.
    If you want to increase the challenge of the game, then play a suboptimal build. Play naked. Play solo. Limit your own pot usage. Don't use Shrines. Play permadeath. There are dozens of other ways to increase the challenge besides these, and best of all you can do them now or anytime you want, without uselessly begging Turbine to impose silly and pointless restrictions on how others play.

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast