Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    Invising was nerfed way back in the roots of time. That's why interacting with objects like doors and levers breaks stealth and invis. In case you were not aware of the history there.

It was also an unpopular decision at the time made anyway for balance. Just pointing that out.
    thanks for the history lesson. Still works in Blockade Buster :P.

It's still used to bypass whole dungeons at a time, regardless of the past nerf. Re-invis. I even use it sometimes in while grinding, but spirit of the post was: It does not affect my enjoyment of the game, what other people do to complete a quest or raid.

Could be. The overwhelming majority thought the earth was flat at one point too and they were all wrong. Just sayin'
    wrooooong. most people believed the earth was round, or they didnt have a care or opinion about it. the only guys making a big deal out of the earths shape were the ones trying to getting ship charters and grants from various queens and governments so they could go sail around the world to prove what they already knew on someone else's dime while becoming big shot heros and knights and bedding shapely native women while drunk on the local devil's brew.

Could be. The overwhelming majority thought the earth was flat at one point too and they were all wrong. Just sayin'
    The majority could not see the earth from space. Everyone posting here actually plays the game.

Just saying.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    You thought that melee's AREN'T dependent on blue-bars is false, and quite frankly silly which is why most people ignored your statement.

Sure, most of the time those are the blue-bars of OTHER people but you can't do any DPS when you're dead.

I love when people just make up what others have said...... There's a couple replies to the thread after my post.... And the onyl reason anybody is replying to your posts is that your posts are completely rediculous in nature.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Wink

I blame Chai but I'm sure I didn't help. D'oh!!
    And there are some that would blame bravery bonus...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    thanks for the history lesson. Still works in Blockade Buster :P.

It's still used to bypass whole dungeons at a time, regardless of the past nerf. Re-invis. I even use it sometimes in while grinding, but spirit of the post was: It does not affect my enjoyment of the game, what other people do to complete a quest or raid.
    It does. Invis works great in some quests but there the mechanic is in place to easily restrict it with requiring interaction. That's easy for the dev's to deal with. In game mechanics for dealing with SP are draining or requiring more usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    And there are some that would blame bravery bonus...
    I blame the grog. /slurp

And Copernicus. /burp

And the clever fellow with the shoeshine remark which really burnished and polished this thread. /hiccup

In conclusion, please send me all your pots, for tonight, I drink!
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    The majority could not see the earth from space. Everyone posting here actually plays the game.

Just saying.
    The difference is perspective. The could still be the case while playing the game. Much like the majority lived on earth and still didn't see it. Just because players are in the game doesn't mean they can see the big picture accurately. That's true for anyone one posting. Majority belief is faulty logic, even with rationalizing it.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    wrooooong. most people believed the earth was round, or they didnt have a care or opinion about it. the only guys making a big deal out of the earths shape were the ones trying to getting ship charters and grants from various queens and governments so they could go sail around the world to prove what they already knew on someone else's dime while becoming big shot heros and knights and bedding shapely native women while drunk on the local devil's brew.
    Some ppl thought it was pear shaped too. The point was majority belief doesn't equal being correct.

Some ppl thought it was pear shaped too. The point was majority belief doesn't equal being correct.
    This thread is decidedly pear-shaped.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by Coldest View Post
    To people new to this game, the above post and is not truth.

You are not a good representation of people who have played this game for 6 years.

From launch through Von 1, melees, with the right weapons(vorpal scimitars or kukris) made casters unnescessary, from running Tempest spine to farming the Giant caves.

From DQ up until the shroud, the best melee, with the right weapons(WoP Rapiers) were better than the best arcane in the hardest contents and most.

Pardon the interuption Gunga and Chai. Also, you are pages ahead of me( I'm on pg.30), but "Melee never ruled." is just spin from a person who has an agenda.

Coldest
    This is by far incorrect.

DQ - arcane were and are far more valuable, and can do far more damage than melee, and we were doing all caster elite shrouds that melee couldnt even step into as early as 2008.

As far as your tempest spine comment, melee were peeing and moaning about the AC of mobs in tempest spine, and claiming it was unfair that casters could just torch them 10 at a time with firewalls and didnt need to worry about to-hits. When melee needed an 18-20 to hit, even when they landed a potential vorp they still needed the same roll to confirm. Seeker wasnt the easy button like it is now.

Melee never ruled over casters. This is a myth perpetuated by people whose experience before DDO was other MMOs who felt "balanced groups" were absolutely necessary, so they limited their groups to 1 caster and raids to 2 casters. I always thought it was hilarious when people would complain about "not enough DPS" in the beginning of a caster majority shroud back then, and then babble on about how it was one of the smoothest runs they ever been on afterward.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I dunno. If you and your wife have different expectation of your children than each other that would have a negative impact on your children, whether you cater to them or not. The difference is not in their expectations of you, but in having different expectations set for them between you and your wife.

You would want your wife to have the same expectations as you and vice versa. It's not on the same scale but the same principle looking from the other other side.

So I make my stand and impact the game play of others because sometimes it's correct expectation and sometimes it's not? Either way someone is impacted. Restrictions on SP potions can set a universal standard.

I've seen some pretty good players choose to drink potion just because the wanted to dump SP without running out of SP. I don't think it's any more fun for a player trying to contribute on the same scale but failing than it is to be out of SP and using an eternal wand and EoP while someone else takes center stage. The only difference there is which side of the fence a person is on.
    See, right here is the beginning of the problem... you've made assumptions about me that are no where near the truth. You've merely taken aspects of your life and applied them elsewhere without taking into account the huge array of possibilities that exist... much like the OP does. Neither my sex, my marital status nor whether we agree on parenting has anything to do with what I said. I'm still not going to change my parenting style to accomodate someone else's kid just because that's what they expect of me.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.~ Cpt. Mal Reynolds
    ~Peechie Keene~ THAC0

And if someone came up to you today and said "Hey, the earth is flat!" wouldn't you be all like "hey, where have you been the last few hundred years? Even the rabble has known it's round for at least that long!"
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.~ Cpt. Mal Reynolds
    ~Peechie Keene~ THAC0

Actually I myself have never seen with my own eyes from a spaceship the earth.......it could be a triangle for all I know

Scratt for president!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cpito View Post
    See, right here is the beginning of the problem... you've made assumptions about me that are no where near the truth. You've merely taken aspects of your life and applied them elsewhere without taking into account the huge array of possibilities that exist... much like the OP does. Neither my sex, my marital status nor whether we agree on parenting has anything to do with what I said. I'm still not going to change my parenting style to accomodate someone else's kid just because that's what they expect of me.
    It's just an example extrapolating from what you put forth. I'll change you and your wife to me and my wife and the the issue is still the same. Both parents and all the children should be on the same page and if not conflict ensues. Nitpicking details doesn't change that.

It's just an example extrapolating from what you put forth. I'll change you and your wife to me and my wife and the the issue is still the same. Both parents and all the children should be on the same page and if not conflict ensues. Nitpicking details doesn't change that.
    See? This proves my point. This entire thread is a manifestation of a lack of somethin' somethin'.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by cpito View Post
    And if someone came up to you today and said "Hey, the earth is flat!" wouldn't you be all like "hey, where have you been the last few hundred years? Even the rabble has known it's round for at least that long!"
    I would be able to demonstrate the truth with images from space on a web browser. The number of people who believe something still doesn't make something true. If that were the case we should all convert to the one true religion and not question it because obviously the one with the most followers must be the correct one based on the logic being used.

Quote Originally Posted by vVvAiaynAvVv View Post
    Actually I myself have never seen with my own eyes from a spaceship the earth.......it could be a triangle for all I know
    true dat! let's get on to the moon landing hoax conspiracy

Community Member

true dat! let's get on to the moon landing hoax conspiracy
    It took a whole buttload of SP pots to land on the moon.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    It took a whole buttload of SP pots to land on the moon.
    Only the first time. After that people were better equipped and organized.

Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast